Jump to content

AP Poll Week 2


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

All I did was celebrate ONE lonely first place vote in Class 6A for Merrillville and a torrid of bashing was unleashed. 

I sincerely apologize. I know Merrillville isnt the equal of Center Grove .

I was just happy they got one vote.   Again, please accept my deepest apology 😢

Uncle Mark...no need for apologies...you are absolutely entitled to your opinions.  We all are...that's what makes a forum fun and interesting.

I really enjoy reading your thoughts....I hope very much you continue to share them.  Your passion for high school football is fantastic.

Happy Labor Day weekend!!!  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, no apology needed. That's why I come to this forum. I love hearing different opinions and inside scoops from people close to other programs, especially those outside of central Indiana. This forum would suck if we just all agreed with each other that Center Grove and Cathedral are the best and no one else is close, even if that happens to be my personal opinion.

And to be fair, Merrillville had several absolute studs on that team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I agree, no apology needed. That's why I come to this forum. I love hearing different opinions and inside scoops from people close to other programs, especially those outside of central Indiana. This forum would suck if we just all agreed with each other that Center Grove and Cathedral are the best and no one else is close, even if that happens to be my personal opinion.

And to be fair, Merrillville had several absolute studs on that team. 

And they've had two good victories over pretty good teams, so it's not off the wall to believe they could be a highly ranked team. There's just some doubt after last years throttling by Chatard and Westfield. This a new year though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Uncle Mark...no need for apologies...you are absolutely entitled to your opinions.  We all are...that's what makes a forum fun and interesting.

I really enjoy reading your thoughts....I hope very much you continue to share them.  Your passion for high school football is fantastic.

Happy Labor Day weekend!!!  

I was just playing with Lysander......Bach..  Thanks for the kind words.

He's right. Merrillville had a chance to beat Bishop Chatard last year and they didnt do it. 

I know the Pirates arent the equal of Center Grove.

I was just celebrating the one first place vote..

 

When I post things on a message board, I expect to get 'Bashed' (excuse the pun) sometimes. 

Going back and forth is interesting to read

That's actually the fun of it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

 

80A71EFB-E597-4059-91C3-D0251A1D880E.png

In my best Stephen A. Smith voice...

'Always nice to read someone BLOVIATING about what they think is going on, when even Ray Charles can discerned the actual reality of things. .'

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

I won’t elaborate on a public forum, but there’s a moral and ethical reason I put him on “ignore” in that Facebook group.

I guess it's like a train wreck. I can't bring myself to look away. He's relentless.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Nothing wrong with getting a little excited about your team. What fun would it be if you knew from week one that you didn't have a chance at winning the state title?

No one really knows that until the end of week 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I won’t elaborate on a public forum, but there’s a moral and ethical reason I put him on “ignore” in that Facebook group.

I posted it for Ode Uncle Mark. I don’t think he believed me. I keep reading his stuff for cheap entertainment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Donnie Baker said:

 

80A71EFB-E597-4059-91C3-D0251A1D880E.png

....as Stax has said....   questionable

the key phrases might be......."We had 17 players with division I offers but quite a few decided to go a different route'

"We had five players offered by Army and Navy and they all went to Marion

 

Think about those statements, DB.  

I like Merrillville but think about those statements.

 

 

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

....as Stax has said....   questionable

the key phrases might be......."We had 17 players with division I offers but quite a few decided to go a different route'

"We had five players offered by Army and Navy and they all went to Marion

 

Think about those statements, DB.  

I like Merrillville but think about those statements.

 

 

I just think Cody is a funny kid, I swear to God he is 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...