Jump to content

Who has the best concession stands?


Recommended Posts

This is a topic often not considered when schools are looking for potential opponents. It's probably THE most important thing that should be considered. If a school still has paper coke/Pepsi cups for soft drinks with real carbonation happening behind the counter. That school gets a +5 on the concessions list. You can usually tell a lot about the quality of opponents by how good food is at the concessions. If they have burnt popcorn or cold hot dogs and no greasy hamburgers or brauts like a college campus don't consider them. US parents like to eat a lot so quit making me stop at fast food on my way to the games and let me support the FFA club by buying a 1/2lbs heart attack burger they made on a grill donated by the local bar. Allow me to buy the 1gal slushy from the drama department. My point is concessions have gotten worse and I'm tired of cold popcorn terrible tasting better for your  health hot dogs, and soft drinks that taste like they sat in an athletic department cooler since last year. I want greasy unhealthy foods with softdrinks in a paper cup and real carbonation. 

 

So what schools have the best concession stands?

Edited by CoachOsGhost
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoachOsGhost said:

This is a topic often not considered when schools are looking for potential opponents. It's probably THE most important thing that should be considered. If a school still has paper coke/Pepsi cups for soft drinks with real carbonation happening behind the counter. That school gets a +5 on the concessions list. You can usually tell a lot about the quality of opponents by how good food is at the concessions. If they have burnt popcorn or cold hot dogs and no greasy hamburgers or brauts like a college campus don't consider them. US parents like to eat a lot so quit making me stop at fast food on my way to the games and let me support the FFA club by buying a 1/2lbs heart attack burger they made on a grill donated by the local bar. Allow me to buy the 1gal slushy from the drama department. My point is concessions have gotten worse and I'm tired of cold popcorn terrible tasting better for your  health hot dogs, and soft drinks that taste like they sat in an athletic department cooler since last year. I want greasy unhealthy foods with softdrinks in a paper cup and real carbonation. 

 

So what schools have the best concession stands?

This poster gets it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can say the best Hot Dogs that I have had was at Pike high school Indy. That was 7 yrs ago though not sure if it still holds.

Rushville has these steak sandwiches that are unbelievably. Have seen visiting coaching staffs send their assistants to get in line at pregame so they could start the game right.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CoachOsGhost said:

 If a school still has paper coke/Pepsi cups for soft drinks with real carbonation happening behind the counter. That school gets a +5 on the concessions list.

I haven't seen this at a high school football concession stand in probably 20 years.  Must be going to the wrong schools.   

Anybody have a list of what schools still do this?

Oh, and just for Coke. Pepsi is an abomination.  State Law.

 

 

Edited by Muda69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely have to go with Linton ribeyes, or if you ever get to Sheridan, you’ll smell the Bud Burgers on the grill from the parking lot. Best high school concession stand I’ve seen period is at Cincinnati Elder, The Pit, they’ve got goetta dogs and hot metts cooking up, and also a LaRosa’s pizza truck parked selling by the slice. Not to mention the coolest high school stadium I’ve ever seen; highly recommend making the drive when one of the Indy Catholics is playing there, or against one of their GCL South rivals (St. X, Moeller, La Salle).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your traveling to Gordan Hadley when your team plays the Monrovia Bulldogs . Pregame meal at Dawg House Pizza is a MUST . Then at the game you go for the famous Kettle Corn as a snack , guaranteed to last you the entire game and the car ride home! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RocksFan23 said:

Definitely have to go with Linton ribeyes, or if you ever get to Sheridan, you’ll smell the Bud Burgers on the grill from the parking lot. Best high school concession stand I’ve seen period is at Cincinnati Elder, The Pit, they’ve got goetta dogs and hot metts cooking up, and also a LaRosa’s pizza truck parked selling by the slice. Not to mention the coolest high school stadium I’ve ever seen; highly recommend making the drive when one of the Indy Catholics is playing there, or against one of their GCL South rivals (St. X, Moeller, La Salle).

4 years of college / living in Cincy and never developed a taste for it , id eat ANY chain or frozen pizza before touching LaRosa's . Same goes for Skyline in the Chili department . The Pit is an amazing place to watch a FB game on Friday if your going to the St. X game better take a half day from work to get in line in time to get a ticket and be prepared for standing room only. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

 Same goes for Skyline in the Chili department . 

My spouse, who has in-laws living in the Cincinnati area, raves about this stuff and has to go a Skyline whenever we visit.   I don't see the appeal.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

If your traveling to Gordan Hadley when your team plays the Monrovia Bulldogs . Pregame meal at Dawg House Pizza is a MUST . Then at the game you go for the famous Kettle Corn as a snack , guaranteed to last you the entire game and the car ride home! 

Heck ya,may just have to leave little early tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I haven't seen this at a high school football concession stand in probably 20 years.  Must be going to the wrong schools.   

Anybody have a list of what schools still do this?

Oh, and just for Coke. Pepsi is an abomination.  State Law.

 

 

Not to be political but we can ban plastic starws because they are bad for the environment. Let's ban plastic soda bottles at sporting events and give me my 100% recyclable paper cups! Plus I'm sure with all them chemicals released from the plastic into my drink is what is making me FAT. 🙄

  • Disdain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I thought plastic soda bottles were recyclable?

 

C' mon man! Everyone knows you can only recycle plastic so many times before it has to go to the landfill. Paper and glass can be recycled infinitely. And what school recycles at sporting events? (I'm just using this as an argument to get my good tasting cola back that doesn't taste like plastic. No idea if paper is really recyclable infinitely) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis Concessions partners with the Area 31 Career Center Culinary Arts and the BD Dads Initiative. They have some REALLY good stuff!

Any links?

1 hour ago, DE said:

I know not football, but I was at the 1A/4A boy's basketball semi-state this past year at Lafayette Jeff and IMSC, they had the pop on tap.  It was glorious.

 

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton’s is great. Popcorn is one of the best around and the Pork on a stick is a must!

And good popcorn is a must, with pop on tap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ate food from the Parke Heritage concession stand and it made me crap in my pants by the end of the 1st quarter. When the Wolfs scored the first touchdown of the game, the fireworks display overstimulated me and the poop came cascading out like hot buttered lard through a sieve. It was a steamy August evening, perfect weather for wearing shorts. There were a couple of kids playing under the bleachers beneath me. The sounds of their confused and disgusted screams will haunt me for all of my earthly days.  

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...