Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Let's stop pretending that what they've done the first three weeks isn't impressive. Congrats the the Pirates on a fine start to the season. 

The only non MIC/non HCC team that deserves to be ranked in 6A IMO.

Edited by temptation

Is merrillville that good or is crown point the new lake central?

id like to see crown point and merrillville consolidate to take on the Indy super powers Merrill point high school would kill everyone. Remember part of crown point already attends merrillville, remembers James Aldridge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

id like to see crown point and merrillville consolidate to take on the Indy super powers Merrill point high school would kill everyone. 

Crown Point already has over 2800 students.  How many do you need to "kill everyone"?

• Haha 1

Merrillville has proven to be arguably be the premier northern 5a/6a team of the state within the past 3-5 years, Valpo is probably next in line. That being said, last year was probably one of the best teams they’ve ever fielded and that ended in a semi-state loss (nothing to be ashamed of at all). But anyone more than a casual fan knows they are probably somewhere in the 10-15 range of best 6a teams this year. They lost some really good talent from last year. That being said, they’ve earned the right to be ranked in 6a so far. They should win their sectional fairly easy over Jeff again. Regional will be tough against Chesterton, (maybe Elkhart, but i doubt they best Chesterton) and they could very well earn another semi state birth.

Edited by Bears62

11 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Very impressive. Really thought they’d take a slight step back this year, but after seeing them I have to say I think they may even be a little better than last year. Would like to see a rematch between them and Westfield in the semi state

What is very impressive?

7 hours ago, Grover said:

Crown Point already has over 2800 students.  How many do you need to "kill everyone"?

1 more than Carmel?  I dunno.

Merrillville has proven to be arguably be the premier northern 5a/6a team of the state within the past 3-5 years, Valpo is probably next in line. That being said, last year was probably one of the best teams they’ve ever fielded and that ended in a semi-state loss (nothing to be ashamed of at all). But anyone more than a casual fan knows they are probably somewhere in the 10-15 range of best 6a teams this year. They lost some really good talent from last year. That being said, they’ve earned the right to be ranked in 6a so far. They should win their sectional fairly easy over Jeff again. Regional will be tough against Chesterton, (maybe Elkhart, but i doubt they best Chesterton) and they could very well earn another semi state birth.

Why would you think that Valpo is probably next in line behind Mville the past 3-5 years?

On 9/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, Whiting89 said:

Is merrillville that good or is crown point the new lake central?

id like to see crown point and merrillville consolidate to take on the Indy super powers Merrill point high school would kill everyone. Remember part of crown point already attends merrillville, remembers James Aldridge?

Merrillville is pretty good, just like the were last season at this time.  Then, they jumped on I-65 and played Chatard…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

They are loading with D1 prospects.

I'm assuming no less than "17 D1 players" since they are (reportedly) even better than last year.  I wonder if they will also receive " 5 offers from army and navy" that "decided to go to marion (sic)" just like last year.

With that, you can anticipate that if they lose to another team there will be "5" or "7" or "11" starters who didn't play (for a variety of reasons that only seem to exclude a mass kidnapping from ancient aliens)....regardless, the number of missing starters in any loss seems to be variable.

But aside from that, they are the best team in the State of Indiana.

I think I've covered it generally.

• Haha 5