Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Chatard at Cathedral

Chatard played very fundamentally  sound football last night.   Sounds like they played better than the first two games.  

Carter St. John is very quick and shifty in the open field.  Kid can make a lot of plays. 

Chatard looks so small on both sides of the ball.   Can be pushed around somewhat.   Roncalli did better when they ran straight at them instead of going sideline to sideline.  

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Chatard is a good team no matter them being 0-3 or not. Tremendous respect for that program BUT, Cathedral is extremely good this year.. Cathedral by 17-20 in my opinion. 

That's generous, I will be happy if it's not a running clock in the 2nd half.  Chatard has shown they will fight until the end, but the Roncalli game showed just how outmatched they are physically this year.  Cathedral has Roncalli's size plus great athletes at every position.  Chatard will have to wait at least one more week to get their first win. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

That's generous, I will be happy if it's not a running clock in the 2nd half.  Chatard has shown they will fight until the end, but the Roncalli game showed just how outmatched they are physically this year.  Cathedral has Roncalli's size plus great athletes at every position.  Chatard will have to wait at least one more week to get their first win. 

Have tremendous respect for Chatard.  They are considerably better than their 0-3 record. 

13 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Agreed.  35-6.  This will be a better game two years from now.  BC has a very good sophomore class.  

Actually the natural grass playing surface is so well maintained it looks like turf.

Parking is the problem that won't go away...if you can't get a spot on the venue property you need to park at the strip mall at corner of Arlington and 46th street.  

photob.jpg

photoa.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Actually the natural grass playing surface is so well maintained it looks like turf.

Parking is the problem that won't go away...if you can't get a spot on the venue property you need to park at the strip mall at corner of Arlington and 46th street.

Thanks for the info! Seems like I almost never watch games on grass anymore. Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it.

14 minutes ago, Jon said:

What is the seating capacity? Can it even handle this game.

Those are the visiting stands in the pictures. Home side seating looks pretty large in an aerial view. Plus,there's a lot of fence, I don't like sitting in crowded bleachers anyway.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Forgot about Chatard’s kicking woes…38-9.

It appears that has been worked on somewhat.  It does bear mentioning that Brebeuf and Warren Central’s defenses did have some say in causing those woes.  No slouches there…

2 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Cathedral fans, how's the Arlington venue these days?  I was there a few years ago last time this game was played there but wasn't sure if Cathedral had put some money/renovations now that this is Cathedral's home field?

The field is in decent shape.  Cathedral has put some work in the field.

3 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Cathedral fans, how's the Arlington venue these days?  I was there a few years ago last time this game was played there but wasn't sure if Cathedral had put some money/renovations now that this is Cathedral's home field?

2 hours ago, Jon said:

What is the seating capacity? Can it even handle this game.

The home side stands runs from 10 yard line - 10 yard line and maybe 40 rows high, I would guess 5,000 packed in home side and 1,500 visitors side plus all the fans along both sides of fences makes it a bigger place than some might realize.  I would except it pretty full on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

The home side stands runs from 10 yard line - 10 yard line and maybe 40 rows high, I would guess 5,000 packed in home side and 1,500 visitors side plus all the fans along both sides of fences makes it a bigger place than some might realize.  I would except it pretty full on Friday.

LOL! Do you realize how high those stands would be @ 40 rows high? I’d guess closer to 20-22 rows.