Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Chatard at Cathedral

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

If Doyle goes 0-4 and loses first round of the sectional, is he on the hot seat.

Lol not even a conversation.  On the hot seat a season after back-to-back state championships with a team that lost 9 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense? Come on IWG, give me something better than that if you're going to stir pot!  Obviously 0-4 is not the start any Chatard fan wants to see, but they've been competitive through one of the harder schedules in the state.  Roncalli and Cathedral should beat Chatard by 50 this year with the massive difference in size and talent.

Better question, is Peebles on the hot seat if Cathedral doesn't cover the -35 spread with his 10 D1 players vs. Chatard's 0?  I'm obviously joking, I know Peebles is a great coach, but get outta here with that.  Rob Doyle is an awesome coach and Chatard has zero plans of a new head football coach, regardless of how this season turns out.

I do agree with your other assessment.  Cathedral's front 7 is nasty, and that O'Neil kid is going to be a defensive nightmare for the next 3 years.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Lol not even a conversation.  On the hot seat a season after back-to-back state championships with a team that lost 9 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense? Come on IWG, give me something better than that if you're going to stir pot!  Obviously 0-4 is not the start any Chatard fan wants to see, but they've been competitive through one of the harder schedules in the state.  Roncalli and Cathedral should beat Chatard by 50 this year with the massive difference in size and talent.

Better question, is Peebles on the hot seat if Cathedral doesn't cover the -35 spread with his 10 D1 players vs. Chatard's 0?  I'm obviously joking, I know Peebles is a great coach, but get outta here with that.  Rob Doyle is an awesome coach and Chatard has zero plans of a new head football coach, regardless of how this season turns out.

I do agree with your other assessment.  Cathedral's front 7 is nasty, and that O'Neil kid is going to be a defensive nightmare for the next 3 years.

I've said since before the start of the season that Chatard is going to be a player in 4A THIS year and their game against Roncalli last week only reinforces that opinion. Extremely young and inexperienced teams like Chatard tend to get better as the year progresses especially playing better teams. Schedule softens considerably after this week and if Chatard can rattle off 4-5 wins heading into the postseason and build some confidence, they are definitely a team I wouldn't want to see. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

This Irish alum will never sell Chatard short.  It will be a typical north side battle.

I hope to see a lot of Irish fans at Arlington tonight, but please don't come until I'm parked up close.😉

You better get there by 515PM if you want a parking spot!

Great atmosphere last night at Arlington, I thought Chatard made good adjustments after halftime that made some differences in second half, albeit Irish had some sloppy plays and penalties otherwise the game would have really gotten out of hand more that it did.

7 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Great atmosphere last night at Arlington, I thought Chatard made good adjustments after halftime that made some differences in second half, albeit Irish had some sloppy plays and penalties otherwise the game would have really gotten out of hand more that it did.

These games are inevitable.  Even when Chatard has been more well balanced and had a more experienced roster, these games are tough to win.  But on “down” years, you will continue to see this kind of result.

These are no longer similar schools, and they haven’t been in quite some time.   The only reason people get caught up comparing them still is because old farts like me remember what it was like in the 80’s, 90’s and maybe very early 00’s,  and can’t seem to let it go.  I am guilty of this, myself, from time to time.  But they are not the same schools.  Do not have the same enrollment.  Do not pull from the same barrel of fish.  

Cathedral has 200-300 kids in their football program (95 ish Freshman I believe).   An amazing number of football players for their enrollment.  And that has been steady for them.   They don’t just have quality talent, they have depth.  And that makes a big difference at any level.  Helps them compete with the elite 6A schools as well.  

Cudos to Cathedral for having a very good team and program.  Billy is doing wonders over there and they will be good for years to come.

But Chatard will be fine.  They are very young, have talented underclassmen, and their upperclassman are tough kids and will rebound.  They will give Roncalli all they can handle in sectionals, and they will continue compete regularly for 3A/4A championships.  It’s hard to ask for more than that.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grover said:

I asked in another thread but never saw an answer. How is Patrick Kendall doing?

IMO, he's playing quite well.

A side story.  I was surprised that they were not accepting cash for the scrimmage at Franklin Central.  While a student was trying to help me get a phone ticket the Kendalls walked up and said "we have five tickets, come on in with us."  I sure was glad for their help.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

IMO, he's playing quite well.

A side story.  I was surprised that they were not accepting cash for the scrimmage at Franklin Central.  While a student was trying to help me get a phone ticket the Kendalls walked up and said "we have five tickets, come on in with us."  I sure was glad for their help.

Nice folks

On 9/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Spot on, 21 rows to be exact.

https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=1680

Here is the link for public tickets.

This 78 year old Irish fan watched the game from row 20 at Arlington last night.  In front of me was a 92 year old Irish fan.

Best of luck to the Trojans for the remainder of the season.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, PHJIrish said:

This 78 year old Irish fan watched the game from row 20 at Arlington last night.  In front of me was a 92 year old Irish fan.

Best of luck to the Trojans for the remainder of the season.

Arlington? Fond (but also bitter) memories. I thought the field was abandoned a few years ago?

9 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Arlington? Fond (but also bitter) memories. I thought the field was abandoned a few years ago?

Cathedral has brought it back.  We have some help from alum that have a lawn business (Turf Dogs) and they have done a masterful job not only refurbishing the field but also maintaining it.  A grass field has never been so good!☺️

• Like 1