Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2021

Gipper

Following my tongue-on-cheek remark, I was extremely impressed:

The team did not give the game away in the fourth per usual.  Other than a few drops, the passing game was effective.  Horvath ran the ball very well and Dourue had a decent day.   The defense was extremely effective and the kicker, Fiernan was lights out.

• 2 weeks later...

At the quarter of the way point, I am satisfied.

Oregon State—Exactly what I thought.

UCONN—we needed to give them that butt whipping 

Notre Dame—a little better than what I thought if you take away ND’s home cooking and a lack of urgency from Purdue.

Illinois—should be a lot like UCONN, 43-10 this time.

Minnesota—I really hate these guys, should we a war, 39-30

Iowa—they’re good for a reason, Hawks 31-17

Wisconsin—I’m going with the upset, 34-28

Nebraska—Will Frost still be around?  Good guys 38-13

Michigan State—Sparty has been a surprise, but they’re back down to earth, Boilers 28-17

Ohio State—Although the last time these two joined up was the most fun I’ve had at a game, the Buckeyes prevail 28-17.

Northwestern—played at Wrigley will be a distraction for the Wildcats.  Purdue takes it 34-19

Indiana—Hoosiers are overrated and lack a quality QB as the bucket returns to its rightful home in West Lafayette.  After a closer than expected first half, Purdue finished them off, 37-21.

Onto the bowl game: Since Penn State makes the CFP, Michigan will go to the Rose, Iowa the Citrus, Ohio State the Fiesta, the Boilers will take on a scrappy Ole Miss squad.

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

At the quarter of the way point, I am satisfied.

Oregon State—Exactly what I thought.

UCONN—we needed to give them that butt whipping 

Notre Dame—a little better than what I thought if you take away ND’s home cooking and a lack of urgency from Purdue.

Illinois—should be a lot like UCONN, 43-10 this time.

Minnesota—I really hate these guys, should we a war, 39-30

Iowa—they’re good for a reason, Hawks 31-17

Wisconsin—I’m going with the upset, 34-28

Nebraska—Will Frost still be around?  Good guys 38-13

Michigan State—Sparty has been a surprise, but they’re back down to earth, Boilers 28-17

Ohio State—Although the last time these two joined up was the most fun I’ve had at a game, the Buckeyes prevail 28-17.

Northwestern—played at Wrigley will be a distraction for the Wildcats.  Purdue takes it 34-19

Indiana—Hoosiers are overrated and lack a quality QB as the bucket returns to its rightful home in West Lafayette.  After a closer than expected first half, Purdue finished them off, 37-21.

Onto the bowl game: Since Penn State makes the CFP, Michigan will go to the Rose, Iowa the Citrus, Ohio State the Fiesta, the Boilers will take on a scrappy Ole Miss squad.

OK. You've given me that Sunday night chuckle. 

Minny, Wisconsin, MSU.... All decisive losses. Nebraska is a tossup. IU is a tossup right now, but that may turn to a heavy IU lean in a few weeks.

Edited by Staxawax

7 hours ago, Staxawax said:

OK. You've given me that Sunday night chuckle. 

Minny, Wisconsin, MSU.... All decisive losses. Nebraska is a tossup. IU is a tossup right now, but that may turn to a heavy IU lean in a few weeks.

Point/counterpoint.  At least my team has a winning record.

15 hours ago, Gipper said:

Please elaborate.  I guess the Purdue band not being able to have that stupid drum inside ND stadium cost the Boilermakers the game.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I'd venture to say that most teams would be in the same position if Oregon St and UConn were opponents in the first three weeks. 

Regardless of opponent, the first two games weekend definitely confidence builders.  As for Notre Dame, the Boilers were able to hang throughout and did expose flaws the team does have.  As for my lofty predictions, yes I know they were a little extreme, but what fan doesn’t have hope considering what has been displayed?  

I like Brohm. Think he inherited a complete dumpster fire of a program and 5 years still might be too soon to create any meaningful depth when it's tough to recruit above the 3 star level at Purdue. Plus, I would wager the odds are better we would take a step back in coaching if Brohm did leave. My biggest knock on him at this point has been are achilles heal for quite some day. Brohm is a failing miserably to develop any sort of an offensive line. D-Line isn't that stellar as well. Purdue seemed to crank out NFL O-Linemen and occasionally on the D-Line during the TIller/Spack years. It's painful to continuously watch the run game get completely stuffed on short yardage situations. 

14 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I like Brohm. Think he inherited a complete dumpster fire of a program and 5 years still might be too soon to create any meaningful depth when it's tough to recruit above the 3 star level at Purdue. Plus, I would wager the odds are better we would take a step back in coaching if Brohm did leave. My biggest knock on him at this point has been are achilles heal for quite some day. Brohm is a failing miserably to develop any sort of an offensive line. D-Line isn't that stellar as well. Purdue seemed to crank out NFL O-Linemen and occasionally on the D-Line during the TIller/Spack years. It's painful to continuously watch the run game get completely stuffed on short yardage situations. 

As you can see from my lofty predictions, I look Brohm as well.  There still is a long way to go, but I think the team is on the tight track.  

5 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

No one is as bad as UConn, not even Illinois. I see Purdue being favored vs Illinois, possibly Nebraska, and northwestern. Hopefully David bell does not miss any games. 

This is what I also see.  Who knows what Indiana will be once Thanksgiving rolls around?  Boilers could get that one also.

Edited by temptation

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Much more worried about my futures bet of ND over 8.5 than I am about my IU under 8. 

Yeah, IU under 8 appears to be a lock. That ND one is going to be close. I think Wisconsin beats them in Chicago. Have a feeling they'll bounce back at home against Cincinnati. I could see at least two losss between @ Viriginia Tech, North Carolina, and @ Virginia and @ Stanford. USC, Navy, and Georgia Tech should be gimmes. @ Stanford should be tough regardless of Stanford's record. 9-3 or 8-4 seem like the most probable outcomes. I would be surprised if they hit 10 wins in the regular season. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Much more worried about my futures bet of ND over 8.5 than I am about my IU under 8. 

Legit. Don't worry too much though. Once ND loses that first game, Tyler Buchner will take over and propel them to another 10 win season. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, Boilernation said:

AB871B7A-DC66-403C-A13F-F0FE03A107A4.jpeg