Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2021

Gipper

On 9/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Boilernation said:

Yeah, IU under 8 appears to be a lock. That ND one is going to be close. I think Wisconsin beats them in Chicago. Have a feeling they'll bounce back at home against Cincinnati. I could see at least two losss between @ Viriginia Tech, North Carolina, and @ Virginia and @ Stanford. USC, Navy, and Georgia Tech should be gimmes. @ Stanford should be tough regardless of Stanford's record. 9-3 or 8-4 seem like the most probable outcomes. I would be surprised if they hit 10 wins in the regular season. 

Irish 41, Badgers 13 final.  But I do hope you're right about next week.  

On 9/25/2021 at 10:21 PM, PHJIrish said:

Irish 41, Badgers 13 final.  But I do hope you're right about next week.  

I turned the game off at 24-13 with 9:34 left. Did a double take when I saw the 41-13 final score on the score ticker. On the contrary, I hope I'm wrong once again about an ND score. 😉

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

The Illinois game was an ugly one to watch, but I'll take a 3-1 start with the top 2 RB's and David Bell not playing. I'm surprised to see the Bowling Green loss has moved Minnesota to the underdog. I don't like this matchup. Fear their O-Line is just going to pummel the Boiler D into submission with at least 250 yards of rushing. Plus, I don't like Purdue not be settled at QB. I'm hoping O'Connell is QB1 on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Total Yards: Purdue 448  Minnesota 294

1st Downs: Purdue 29  Minnesota 12

Another frustrating weeking for the Boilers. I'm sick of losing to "Row The Boat" man. Seem slike Brohm is also getting too conservative in his play calling. 

Didn't get a chance to watch but a couple of my Purdue friends said there were some pretty egregious holds that we not called and a Gophers TD that should not have counted.

Anybody shed some light?

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Didn't get a chance to watch but a couple of my Purdue friends said there were some pretty egregious holds that we not called and a Gophers TD that should not have counted.

Anybody shed some light?

What? Disagreement over holding no-calls in a football game? Egad, man, you may be on to something!

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Apparently the lack of holding calls against Purdue's opponents has become a pattern.

It certainly smacks of a conspiracy. I say follow the trail to the ends of the earth. No theory is too fanciful or paranoid to justify follow-up where the reputation of the the Boilers’ football prowess is at stake.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It certainly smacks of a conspiracy. I say follow the trail to the ends of the earth. No theory is too fanciful or paranoid to justify follow-up where the reputation of the the Boilers’ football prowess is at stake.

ends of the earth huh? A flat earther I see. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Anybody shed some light?

The most egregious non call was on the Gophers 1st TD. Instant replay clearly showed the ball hit the ground on the Gopher's 32 yard TD pass. I can't believe it was never reviewed. 

17 hours ago, temptation said:

I thought ALL scores were reviewed, no?

I believe there is a replay official "upstairs" who is supposed to review each play. Mind blowing that neither the replay official, Brohm, or even the onfield official didn't initiate a review considering the nature of the catch (next to the sideline and appeared to not look clean in live action). I took a screen shot from a highlite video. You can see the ball on the ground and the official looking straight down at the play. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Boilernation

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I believe there is a replay official "upstairs" who is supposed to review each play. Mind blowing that neither the replay official, Brohm, or even the onfield official didn't initiate a review considering the nature of the catch (next to the sideline and appeared to not look clean in live action). I took a screen shot from a highlite video. You can see the ball on the ground and the official looking straight down at the play. 

Capture.JPG

My eyes are not great..first to admit.  I can't tell from the photo if that is the ball or the leg of the Minnesota player....

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

The ball is on the ground next to his left leg.

Again, not disputing you...to me it looked like it could have been his leg with the burgandy pants.  I guess it wasn't clear to me, but with my vision, my view is lacking....

I can also see where it would be the ball...just not 100% positive.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

This shows it better...I don't believe this is a catch. That said, I don't think this is a camera angle that was available to replay officials. My guess is that similar to IU's stadium, the views for camera angles are limited at Ross Ade. 

Thanks Irish....this helps these worn eyes to see it better.  I understand the frustration much better now.

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

FINALLY getting defense with veterans and skills and the offense has went into a shell at key times and key moments in the game.   Frustrating loss this past weekend.  Another Weather game flop, reminded me of Eastern Michigan loss 

What are your thoughts on Brohm? I'm surprised at Year 5  he still can't settle on a developed QB and his play calling has become very conservative, IMO. Possibly because the O-Line is extremely shaky. I like him, feel he probably needs more time to build depth, but fear if we let him go due to his results not matching his pay that we'll end up with a worse hire. 

5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

What are your thoughts on Brohm? I'm surprised at Year 5  he still can't settle on a developed QB and his play calling has become very conservative, IMO. Possibly because the O-Line is extremely shaky. I like him, feel he probably needs more time to build depth, but fear if we let him go due to his results not matching his pay that we'll end up with a worse hire. 

Bring in Tom Herman.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Nothing but praise from this IU fan....fantastic game by the Boilers; especially AT Iowa. Offense just ate the game clock, and defense was solid all day. 

Solid win.  In an irony of all ironies, I’ll be in Wisconsin next weekend, while the Badgers will be in West Lafayette.  Then again the last two Purdue-UW games I went to were Ls for the Boilers, so I’m probably doing them a favor.

• Like 1