Action in the NIC Week # 4

Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Marian at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Adams ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

I noticed the Elkhart - SB Washington game is not listed and John Harrell has it off the schedule as well.  WHS had covid protocal last week so it must again be the issue.

54 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

I noticed the Elkhart - SB Washington game is not listed and John Harrell has it off the schedule as well.  WHS had covid protocal last week so it must again be the issue.

Triton beats Bremen

Jimtown continues Glenn's losing ways  (payback game from last year)

New Prairie Rolls

Riley by a ton

Adams runs over Indians

St. Xavier - Do I need to seriously predict??  We know whats gonna happen here.

Stay healthy!

23 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

Triton by 7

Glenn over Jimtown. Glenn’s D actually played well. Didn’t give up a first down till almost the 2nd half. Indians had trouble moving the ball 2 feet on 7 plays up the middle on the goal line. Penalties get cleaned up and there Oline coming back Glenn wins this one by 2 scores. 
NP by 21-

Riley by 30- looks like Clay lost there QB for quite some time. Ankle looks like a balloon

Adams by 7- this one will be closer then most think. But Adams will find success by St Joe’s over penetration off tackle.

St Xavier- claims the night starting with thr tailgate in the parking lot. St X 42-Penn 6

On 9/5/2021 at 12:27 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton - Bremen wins this old school NSC match up. 
Glenn at Jimtown - One of the more intriguing games of the week. I just have a feeling Glenn is going to sneak one out.  

Marian at New Prairie - NP looks like the favorite going into the conference season. Can't see NP losing this one. Marian does have a couple athletes that could make it interesting. 

Riley at Clay - Riley wins this SB pillow fight. 
St. Joseph at Adams - Flip a coin. 
St. Xavier at Penn - Penn starts 0-4. Gotta be the first time in 50+ years if ever. Are kids going to Edwardsburg or other districts? Not going out for football? Lack of development? or just a dry spell of talent? can someone explain this fall for the Kingsmen? 

On 9/5/2021 at 12:27 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

It’s amazing how some schools can manage these covid protocols and some can not. 

Take this for what it is - A good friend lives in Granger and told me that he thinks people got comfortable with the talent and winning at Penn and they thought it would never change.  Times and culture have changed but did Penn keep up with that or is it status quo?  21 points in 3 games on offense is not going to win many ball games

On 9/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

Lions by 12 over Triton

NP gets it done over Marian by 19

Jimmies clip the falcons wings by 8

Riley downs clay by 27

SJ by 9 over the Eagles 

Penn starts 0-4 

Bremen- Ole Marshall county said Bremen should be full strength but what does that truly mean. Seems they are still lacking fire power. I’m going to go with the Lions by 14.

Glenn- From what I hear they’ll have their entire Oline back. People are thinking last year was a fluke but I’m picking the Falcons. Glenn gets back on track and stays undefeated in the South.

New Prairie- Noah breaks 1000 yards for the year on Marian. Recruiting can’t win this one this year. NP by 21

Riley- two god awful teams. I give Clay credit they keep fighting. But who will be taking the snaps this week? Riley has an identity crisis. What happened to the solid offensive scheme Jarvis left behind. I can’t tell if they are running a watered down version of a beginner pop Warner Flex/Navy offense. Riley by 14

Adams- if Adams can bring pressure and minimize St Joe’s run game. The Eagles will take this one by 13

St X- Penn will need to bring out the quick Crete and try to patch up the holes in their defense. This one gets out of hand 48-6

men at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

On 9/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Byron Center. All I know is it’s in Michigan somewhere 

Suburban Grand Rapids school. Play in a division of the OK Conference, one of the best conferences in Michigan. Size wise, they are in Division 2 (out of 8). They've had good regular season success in recent years, hasn't necessarily translated to the post season. Beat a pretty good suburban Detroit school week 1, Covid cancellation week 2, this game replaces a second consecutive possible cancellation.

Frankly....unless you want to see what a nationally ranked monster like St X looks like in person, it's probably the most interesting match up in the area this week. IMHO.

• Like 1

Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

Bremen -- Lions too much in the trenches in the second half.  Bremen 34-20

Glenn -- Interesting game.  Think Glenn is the better overall team, but Jimtown at home has enough if Glenn stumbles.  Falcons 15-13

New Prairie -- New Prairie grinds it out in a fast played game.  Watch out for Atkinson though in the return game.  Cougars 28 - 13

Riley -- Riley is slightly better in this match-up of poor teams.  Wildcats 40 - 12

St. Joe  -- Can Adams play mistake free and grind out a couple of long drives?  Is St. Joe on the rise up? Maybe the answer is yes to both  St. Joe 24-21

St. Xavier -- This will not be pretty.  St. Xavier by a lot.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 10
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

Bremen based on getting players back

Jimtown not knowing the status of Glenn Linemen

NP - Can the Marian D stop their main running threat?  Could Marian O explode this week?  Could be a big score game

Riley - These 2 schools should Consolidate

SJ has won 2 games many thought they would.  Northridge was very physical against them.  Will Adams line up and play physical football?  Or will Coach Jones try and do things to surprise SJ?  If the game is physical then ADAMS

St. X # 1 in Ohio - 5 hour bus ride but when did we last hear Penn is 0-4?

Elkhart - go with the NIC know nothing about Byron Center

On 9/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, TurfToe said:

Bremen- Ole Marshall county said Bremen should be full strength but what does that truly mean. Seems they are still lacking fire power. I’m going to go with the Lions by 14.

Glenn- From what I hear they’ll have their entire Oline back. People are thinking last year was a fluke but I’m picking the Falcons. Glenn gets back on track and stays undefeated in the South.

New Prairie- Noah breaks 1000 yards for the year on Marian. Recruiting can’t win this one this year. NP by 21

Riley- two god awful teams. I give Clay credit they keep fighting. But who will be taking the snaps this week? Riley has an identity crisis. What happened to the solid offensive scheme Jarvis left behind. I can’t tell if they are running a watered down version of a beginner pop Warner Flex/Navy offense. Riley by 14

Adams- if Adams can bring pressure and minimize St Joe’s run game. The Eagles will take this one by 13

St X- Penn will need to bring out the quick Crete and try to patch up the holes in their defense. This one gets out of hand 48-6

men at Triton, 7 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Xavier at Penn, 7 pm

Update* Clay by 6 

12 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Update* Clay by 6 

I don't know whats worse for South Bend football. Clay going 0-10 or Clay beating another SB team. Seriously though, if Riley loses to the Colonials the alarm bells better be going off on the south side. I do wonder what happened to the Riley program, they seemed to be on good footing 3-4 years ago when Edison was in charge. Was it a couple good players? Edison a perfect coach for them?  

Marian wins 33-0. Talk about embarrassing, not so much that Marian won; but the way they did it. The last 7 quarters have been won by NPs opponents and they're offense (despite having the states leading rusher) lacks creativity, deception, and is completely predictable. Hell, the other teams defense is firing off the ball because the snap is so consistent. It's unfortunate because NP has about 5 true weapons on offense but they choose to only use 1 with absolutely no threat to do anything out of the box. Kudos to Marian for dominating in all phases and physically out manning NP in every way, last time the cougars were shut out was almost exactly 10 years ago. 

26 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Marian wins 33-0. Talk about embarrassing, not so much that Marian won; but the way they did it. The last 7 quarters have been won by NPs opponents and they're offense (despite having the states leading rusher) lacks creativity, deception, and is completely predictable. Hell, the other teams defense is firing off the ball because the snap is so consistent. It's unfortunate because NP has about 5 true weapons on offense but they choose to only use 1 with absolutely no threat to do anything out of the box. Kudos to Marian for dominating in all phases and physically out manning NP in every way, last time the cougars were shut out was almost exactly 10 years ago. 

Not surprised Marian won but the score is crazy