Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern at South Warren KY

48 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

How do the Titans feel for this matchup?

For me, curious more than anything 

this might be a team better than Columbus North and I think Coach Hart said last week on the radio show that they also have a number of D1 players. 

this should be a big time game and depending on the results, we will know how good GS really is….we have seen a lot but this is another big test for the team 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Our kids will compete.

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

For me, curious more than anything 

this might be a team better than Columbus North and I think Coach Hart said last week on the radio show that they also have a number of D1 players. 

this should be a big time game and depending on the results, we will know how good GS really is….we have seen a lot but this is another big test for the team 

Thanks for the insight, go represent Southern Indiana well! 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to Friday night.  Win or lose we have to come out of this game healthy.  We have Southridge and Heritage Hills back to back and each team will bring their A game.  Don't take me wrong I want the win but remaining healthy going into the second half of the season is very important in my opinion.      

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Seems like they have big dudes on their roster. Their 2 QBs are like 6’4/6’5 210 pounds each, don’t know if they are any good, but it will be an interesting game matchup. Does anyone know if this game will be live-streamed?

My bad, their roster has older players still on there, however, their starting QB is 6’5 215 

11 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Seems like they have big dudes on their roster. Their 2 QBs are like 6’4/6’5 210 pounds each, don’t know if they are any good, but it will be an interesting game matchup. Does anyone know if this game will be live-streamed?

It doesn't appear they are...but if they do it would be here more than likely.

https://stfanclub.com/live/

Edited by Titan32

Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention. Is this the only game GS is challenged in this year?? What is the scouting report on this team out of Kentucky?? 

Maybe it is my Indiana bias - but I find it hard to believe an Kentucky team is gonna challenge the mighty Titans this year?? 

30 minutes ago, jets said:

Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention. Is this the only game GS is challenged in this year?? What is the scouting report on this team out of Kentucky?? 

Maybe it is my Indiana bias - but I find it hard to believe an Kentucky team is gonna challenge the mighty Titans this year?? 

On film...they look scary good to me, but I'm just a caveman lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

Apparently they run a similar offense to what GS does

they have a D1 QB who is 6’5 

they have a D1 playmaker

coach said on the radio show that they run a spread offense with numerous different formations and alignments.

at least from what it sounds like, it seems like GS is looking in the mirror this week.  For what it’s worth, Coach Hart said last night on the radio show that this South Warren team is up there with some of the best teams we have played and said they are comparable to that memorial team a few years back in terms of talent….which is very high praise  

South Warren won the 5A state championship in 2015 and 2018 so it’s a great team culture no doubt 

I definitely feel like GS can win this game no doubt…but it’s interesting because the scouting report says they are basically on the level of what a team needs to be to win on thanksgiving 

2 hours ago, jets said:

The only guarantee about playing a Kentucky team in Kentucky?  The Titans will get absolutely ZERO calls go their way.  

It's a good scheduling move by Coach Hart. Traveling that far to play, bad officiating, and a tough opponent.  Dress rehearsal for all the things that come with a deep playoff run. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

The only guarantee about playing a Kentucky team in Kentucky?  The Titans will get absolutely ZERO calls go their way.  

It's a good scheduling move by Coach Hart. Traveling that far to play, bad officiating, and a tough opponent.  Dress rehearsal for all the things that come with a deep playoff run. 

Unfortunately you aren't wrong, it really isn't much different than playing in Indy or having Indy refs travel south.  We got screwed over pretty bad in 2014 against Tri-West at home for semi-state.  It isn't so bad when a bad call doesn't matter, but when multiple bad calls change the outcome of a game that big.....

Edited by HHPatriots