Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern at South Warren KY

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Did you really mean that Mercy Rule timing was in effect in the 2nd period? Because if so, that was in error.

https://khsaa.org/running-clock-provisions-khsaa-football-all-high-school-levels-of-play/

RUNNING CLOCK PROVISIONS

This point differential applies to all football contests. The National Federation’s Football Rules Committee has a provision in the playing rules which permit state associations to adopt a “running clock” when a point differential is attained. This provision is in place for all football playing schools for all levels in Kentucky:

Any time the score differential reaches thirty-six (36) points or more, the following changes will be made regarding rules determining when the clock will be stopped and/or started. In addition, in keeping with the rules that allow for mutual agreement between coaches for period shortening, the running clock may be implemented at any time by mutual agreement of the coaches. Coaches choice may not supersede the automatic provisions with a 36-point differential.

1. Once the running clock provisions are implemented, the clock shall continue to run from the point that the differential occurs (without regard to a later return to less than the differential) with the following clarifications:

6 hours ago, sr1 said:

https://khsaa.org/running-clock-provisions-khsaa-football-all-high-school-levels-of-play/

RUNNING CLOCK PROVISIONS

This point differential applies to all football contests. The National Federation’s Football Rules Committee has a provision in the playing rules which permit state associations to adopt a “running clock” when a point differential is attained. This provision is in place for all football playing schools for all levels in Kentucky:

Any time the score differential reaches thirty-six (36) points or more, the following changes will be made regarding rules determining when the clock will be stopped and/or started. In addition, in keeping with the rules that allow for mutual agreement between coaches for period shortening, the running clock may be implemented at any time by mutual agreement of the coaches. Coaches choice may not supersede the automatic provisions with a 36-point differential.

1. Once the running clock provisions are implemented, the clock shall continue to run from the point that the differential occurs (without regard to a later return to less than the differential) with the following clarifications:

I stand corrected. I was quoting Indiana’s Mercy Rule.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Can anyone make a legitimate Indiana comparison in terms of where South Warren stands related to Indiana teams?

Unless I saw incorrectly, they are 5A in KY with an enrollment of around 1200-1300?

KY has 6 classes.  They are 5A.  Their enrollment would put them at mid to upper enrollment in 4A in Indiana.  

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Can anyone make a legitimate Indiana comparison in terms of where South Warren stands related to Indiana teams?

Unless I saw incorrectly, they are 5A in KY with an enrollment of around 1200-1300?

Best team I have seen in person since 2012 Chatard.  Just a really really good football team.  Enrollment 1209.  We knew would we signed up for and and we learned a lot.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Best team I have seen in person since 2012 Chatard.  Just a really really good football team.  Enrollment 1209.  We knew would we signed up for and and we learned a lot.

The biggest take away I had of South Warren was their ability to pass rush from every where and just keep pressuring.  I believe Brady was sacked 6/7 times last night and one was that brutal blindside that resulted in a fumble.  

Titans OL has been big for years and this years group is one of the best we have had…and it just didn’t matter.  South Warrens DBs were also impressive and were on us like glue which only added to the pass rush because Brady had to hold onto the ball longer…especially since South Warren was all over the screens forcing us to push the deeper throws more often….which usually work just fine.

defensively I thought a lot of what GS did was pretty good….some of their big catches were crazy considering they were smothered and still made the reception…we forced a turnover and were generally good against the run…just hard when you are punting the ball away and they get a return that makes it a short field repeatedly. 

but man….that defense for South Warren was impressive 

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The biggest take away I had of South Warren was their ability to pass rush from every where and just keep pressuring.  I believe Brady was sacked 6/7 times last night and one was that brutal blindside that resulted in a fumble.  

Titans OL has been big for years and this years group is one of the best we have had…and it just didn’t matter.  South Warrens DBs were also impressive and were on us like glue which only added to the pass rush because Brady had to hold onto the ball longer…especially since South Warren was all over the screens forcing us to push the deeper throws more often….which usually work just fine.

defensively I thought a lot of what GS did was pretty good….some of their big catches were crazy considering they were smothered and still made the reception…we forced a turnover and were generally good against the run…just hard when you are punting the ball away and they get a return that makes it a short field repeatedly. 

but man….that defense for South Warren was impressive 

I agree with everything that has be said by both of you.  SW is and was the better team no excuses and nothing to be ashamed of.  Got to move on to next week and take care of business.