Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #4

The Temp is 5-0 picking MIC vs MIC games thus far this season but things get a tad more interesting this week.

Ben Davis at Center Grove:  Two high octane offenses meet up on the southside.  BD has gotten rolling, especially on the offensive end since its opening week loss to Brownsburg and the CG machine just continues to roll on to what appears to be a second consecutive 6A title.  I know this gets tiring, but in a matchup like this, I believe that the two offenses are fairly similar in terms of explosion, but CG undoubtedly has the better defense which is the difference once again.  CG wins 45-13.

Carmel at Pike:  I won't pretend to know the specifics of the Carmel QB situation but believe they can "get by" this week despite those questions.  This will be a feel good game for the 'Hounds to get last week's bad taste out of their mouths.  Gimme Carmel 31-7.

Lawrence North at North Central:  The jury is still out on LN for this guy.  A squeaker over a now 0-3 Avon team, followed by an off week and a blowout win over township rival LC.  NC, on the other hand, continues to take it on the chin week after week, which still surprises me.  This is a true toss up game.  Gimme LN 20-17.

Warren Central at Lawrence Central:  As expected, Warren is getting better each week out.  Lawrence Central, on the other hand, may have peaked in their week 2 win over Lafayette Jefferson, though a couple more opportunities could arise later this season.  I'll take Warren 41-14.

Looking like a four tier league in my opinion.

Tier 1:  Center Grove

Tier 2:  Ben Davis, Carmel, Warren Central

Tier 3:  Lawrence North

Tier 4:  Lawrence Central, North Central, Pike

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

My guess would be none of the above!

Depends on your definition of “sweat.”

Based on Coach Moore’s comments, Carmel made them sweat for a half.

Betting BD makes them sweat half a quarter and then it’s all down hill until they play Cathedral. 

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Betting BD makes them sweat half a quarter and then it’s all down hill until they play Cathedral. 

Cathedral wasn’t a choice. If they were they would be tier 1A at worst, and yes they will make CG sweat.

19 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Cathedral wasn’t a choice. If they were they would be tier 1A at worst, and yes they will make CG sweat.

Agreed.  Was just referring to the MIC.  CG’s MIC schedule was definitely front loaded.  After Friday night, they may not need to play starters after halftime until the Cathedral contest.

10 hours ago, temptation said:

BD has to avoid the big play if they can. They played a great first half in Semi-State then it all fell apart in the 3rd quarter. Definitely can't spot CG 35 points like they did last year in the first half of the regular season game.

Edited by BDGiant93

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

BD has to avoid the big play if they can. They played a great first half in Semi-State then it all fell apart in the 3rd quarter. Definitely can't spot CG 35 points like they did last year in the first half of the regular season game.

Yeah, no doubt.  Gonna try to avoid as many idioms as possible here but I'm not really sure there is a blueprint to beat CG at this point and I obviously give Cathedral the best chance.  They are just too good on both sides of the ball and make so very few mistakes.

BD has a high octane, quick strike offense which indicates they can score points, but the problem is they put their defense in a bad spot even if they were to score.  CG can hurt you in so many ways.  CG's offense can match anyone in the state and their defense has been basically impenetrable.  

Even if BD were not a quick strike type outfit, CG has proven that trying to grind out yards with your running game and chew clock, therefore limiting their possessions on offense does not work as teams have done virtually NOTHING on the ground against their defense.

Your only hope is that CG has an off night when it comes to penalties and turnovers and thus far there is no indication that is likely, even though we are talking about 16-18 year old kids here.  Carmel was close at halftime because CG shot themselves in the foot and it simply did not matter.

Edited by temptation

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yeah, no doubt.  Gonna try to avoid as many idioms as possible here but I'm not really sure there is a blueprint to beat CG at this point and I obviously give Cathedral the best chance.  They are just too good on both sides of the ball and make so very few mistakes.

BD has a high octane, quick strike offense which indicates they can score points, but the problem is they put their defense in a bad spot even if they were to score.  CG can hurt you in so many ways.  CG's offense can match anyone in the state and their defense has been basically impenetrable.  

Even if BD were not a quick strike type outfit, CG has proven that trying to grind out yards with your running game and chew clock, therefore limiting their possessions on offense does not work as teams have done virtually NOTHING on the ground against their defense.

Your only hope is that CG has an off night when it comes to penalties and turnovers and thus far there is no indication that is likely, even though we are talking about 16-18 year old kids here.  Carmel was close at halftime because CG shot themselves in the foot and it simply did not matter.

spot on.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, temptation said:

The Temp is 5-0 picking MIC vs MIC games thus far this season but things get a tad more interesting this week.

Ben Davis at Center Grove:  Two high octane offenses meet up on the southside.  BD has gotten rolling, especially on the offensive end since its opening week loss to Brownsburg and the CG machine just continues to roll on to what appears to be a second consecutive 6A title.  I know this gets tiring, but in a matchup like this, I believe that the two offenses are fairly similar in terms of explosion, but CG undoubtedly has the better defense which is the difference once again.  CG wins 45-13.

Carmel at Pike:  I won't pretend to know the specifics of the Carmel QB situation but believe they can "get by" this week despite those questions.  This will be a feel good game for the 'Hounds to get last week's bad taste out of their mouths.  Gimme Carmel 31-7.

Lawrence North at North Central:  The jury is still out on LN for this guy.  A squeaker over a now 0-3 Avon team, followed by an off week and a blowout win over township rival LC.  NC, on the other hand, continues to take it on the chin week after week, which still surprises me.  This is a true toss up game.  Gimme LN 20-17.

Warren Central at Lawrence Central:  As expected, Warren is getting better each week out.  Lawrence Central, on the other hand, may have peaked in their week 2 win over Lafayette Jefferson, though a couple more opportunities could arise later this season.  I'll take Warren 41-14.

Looking like a four tier league in my opinion.

Tier 1:  Center Grove

Tier 2:  Ben Davis, Carmel, Warren Central

Tier 3:  Lawrence North

Tier 4:  Lawrence Central, North Central, Pike

The temp moves to 9-0 picking MIC vs MIC contests (and was actually pretty damn close on 3 of the final scores).

Only “surprise” I guess would be the relative ease with which LN disposed of NC…they could be creeping up on tier 2 and will get the next month to prove it.

Side question:  Does anyone have any insight on the Carmel QB situation?  Seems for the second straight fall they are snake bitten at that position.  I’m not sure they get by Brownsburg in the sectional this time without QB #1.

CG will be able to relax and take a few weeks “off” 

Looks like another MIC title for the Trojans. I think BD is the next best. They have lots of speed and will be able to put up points against anyone. 

Not sure what’s going on with North Central or Pike. 

I think Warren will continue to improve and will give CG a test in the regional

37 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

CG will be able to relax and take a few weeks “off” 

Looks like another MIC title for the Trojans. I think BD is the next best. They have lots of speed and will be able to put up points against anyone. 

Not sure what’s going on with North Central or Pike. 

I think Warren will continue to improve and will give CG a test in the regional

BD had a great game plan last night in my opinion.  They didn’t even try to run the ball.  Got the ball out of their quarterbacks hands quickly and allowed players to make plays in space.

Just couldn’t sustain enough drives to stay in contact in the second half.  CG ran a three man front 80 percent of the night I’d say.

If Carmel or Warren simulate that game plan they could make it interesting in a potential rematch.

North Central, Pike, and LC are pretty damn bad.  I honestly think I would take the bottom three in the HCC over the bottom three in the MIC right now.

Edited by temptation

6 hours ago, temptation said:

BD had a great game plan last night in my opinion.  They didn’t even try to run the ball.  Got the ball out of their quarterbacks hands quickly and allowed players to make plays in space.

Just couldn’t sustain enough drives to stay in contact in the second half.  CG ran a three man front 80 percent of the night I’d say.

If Carmel or Warren simulate that game plan they could make it interesting in a potential rematch.

North Central, Pike, and LC are pretty damn bad.  I honestly think I would take the bottom three in the HCC over the bottom three in the MIC right now.

Have to be able to run the ball to win

• Like 1

8 hours ago, temptation said:

It was an interesting game plan. The BD bomb on 4th down was gutsy and shocked the Trojans for a TD.   The BD QB took a pounding. Kudos to that tough young man that repeatedly picked himself up from the turf and continue to compete without fear. Respect!!!

CG also adjusted in the 2nd half and really rolled offensively without one their feature backs who was injured. 

I have to chuckle a little regarding your comment about other teams making it interesting if they use BD’s game plan. That assumes that the horses in the stable are identical and the CG doesn’t improve or adjust. Very hypothetical. Additionally, always tough to win being a one dimensional offense. Not impossible, but very tough.