Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 4

Madison-Grant vs. Mississinewa ©, 10 am, Ball State

Alexandria vs. Blackford ©, 1 pm, Ball State

Frankton vs. Elwood ©, 4 pm, Ball State

Oak Hill vs. Eastbrook ©, 7 pm, Ball State

Hoping all 8 teams get to participate this Saturday at Ball State!!!

Ole Miss by a lot.  Panthers shut them down this week, but another week of practice with a new QB will help them get their first win of the season.

Alex hungry to hopefully get to play this week, were they able to practice at all during the virtual learning period?  Still get the win either way.

Frankton with an easy win, Elwood still trying to find an offense.

Game of the night.  Battle of the Undefeated!!!  Can Eastbrook shut down Turanchick, Can Oak Hill slow down the entire Eastbrook offense?

The Panthers were able to subdue the RB's of Ole Miss last week and I see it happening again this week.  OH may run for a touchdown, but I don't see several from the same person.  Eastbrook takes this by a few touchdowns.

Be safe, stay healthy and see everybody at Ball State Saturday!!!

21 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Hoping all 8 teams get to participate this Saturday at Ball State!!!

Ole Miss by a lot.  Panthers shut them down this week, but another week of practice with a new QB will help them get their first win of the season.

Alex hungry to hopefully get to play this week, were they able to practice at all during the virtual learning period?  Still get the win either way.

Frankton with an easy win, Elwood still trying to find an offense.

Game of the night.  Battle of the Undefeated!!!  Can Eastbrook shut down Turanchick, Can Oak Hill slow down the entire Eastbrook offense?

The Panthers were able to subdue the RB's of Ole Miss last week and I see it happening again this week.  OH may run for a touchdown, but I don't see several from the same person.  Eastbrook takes this by a few touchdowns.

Be safe, stay healthy and see everybody at Ball State Saturday!!!

I agree with your assessment, except for the Eastbrook vs Oak Hill game.  I believe this will be a pretty close game.  It all depends on Oak Hill’s defense.  I think they can slow the Panthers down a little and I think the Golden Eagles will score a couple of times.  In the end it’s Eastbrook by 21 points.  I’m hoping for some good games on Saturday.  It’s always a fun day at Ball State.

Madison-Grant vs. Mississinewa ©, 10 am, Ball State

Alexandria vs. Blackford ©, 1 pm, Ball State

Frankton vs. Elwood ©, 4 pm, Ball State

Oak Hill vs. Eastbrook ©, 7 pm, Ball State

Ole miss wins this game big. Need to get back on teach. MG cannot stop anybody.

Alexandria wins big if they do not turn it over. Blackford has no depth nor speed. Alex has to much speed and plays on turf!

Frankton will spank Elwood bad! Frankton has responded pretty well to new coach.

Eastbrook wins this one by 21-24 but it will be closer than the score. I believe Oak Hill keeps it within 7-14 until late!

Good luck to all teams on the turf. Hopefully no major injuries! 

19 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Ole miss v. Mg- by 50 at the half. Bigger school should be drumming bottom rural schools. Ole miss 56-0 

Alex v. Blackford- Alex by 21 if they don't throw interceptions. Alex need to get back to running the ball to keep games closer and help milk clock. Alex 42-21

Frankton v. Elwood: frankton seems to be doing better better better with new coach. Like to see them running the ball just work on getting O-line from McDonald's big to athletic big. Elwood until they keep a coach will always be bottom. Frankton 42-0

OH v. EASTBROOK- this game is a battle of 2 great programs. Will ground and pound each other and come looking to hit. Will be the best game of the year in CIC I believe. Eastbrook 21-7 

Where is Elwood in 2A enrollment wise? I have heard Franktons enrollment is more than Elwoods now. Are they close to dropping to 1A. 

32 minutes ago, CoachOsGhost said:

Where is Elwood in 2A enrollment wise? I have heard Franktons enrollment is more than Elwoods now. Are they close to dropping to 1A. 

BUSH LEAGUE! Your hear say needs to stay off GID! These rules were set last week by Irishuncle411 This is irrelevant to schedule, scheme and whatever else he/she determines are appropriate. 

MISSISSINEWA VS.. MADISON GRANT

think mississinewa wins by 60 and madison grant has numbers issues.

Alex vs. BLACKFORD. 

Alex by 7 because they can't take care of ball and Blackford is going the wrong way.

FRANKTON VS. ELWOOD

frankton if they keep running the ball, and elwood can't keep a coach. 

OAKHILL VS. EASTBROOK

eastbrook by 35 because I'm not sure anyone in 2a can compete, yes even Tipton with and OC that was a backup at wisconson.(of course the OC portion is hear say, so take it for what  is worth) 

1 hour ago, CICAlum said:

eastbrook by 35 because I'm not sure anyone in 2a can compete, yes even Tipton with and OC that was a backup at wisconson.(of course the OC portion is hear say, so take it for what  is worth) 

We hear this every year. Heard it last year. All I’ll say is, it’s early, relax and enjoy watching your Panthers have another great year. Long ways to go before Sectionals. As far as Tipton’s OC goes. He played in 14 games at QB at Wisconsin and has been Tipton’s OC the last several years. He does an outstanding job but not sure what that has to do with anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

Mississinewa over MG.  Could be over by half time

Alexandria over Blackford.  Could be close if Alex turns the ball over.  Frankton only had 2 possessions in the first half.  So the tigers need to take advantage of every possession.

Frankton over Elwood  the Eagle get to 2-2 after a tough non conference schedule of ranked teams.  Seeing improvements and players buying in to the program.

Eastbrook over Oak Hill.  Should be the best game of the day.

Good Luck Everyone , See you Saturday.

8 hours ago, CICAlum said:

1.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Tipton.

2.  You do realize that Tipton is ranked 5th in both polls so even if you think you have them trumped, there are at least 3 other team ranked ahead of them in 2A other than Eastbrook that might stake claim to being able to "compete" with Eastbrook.  Frankly, until I see something different, 2A is Luers to lose.  They've already beaten two 6A teams that are in the Sagarin top 25 overall.  Maybe Andrean can compete with them.  But I think the question is more if Eastbrook can compete with Luers.  Personally, I doubt it.  

9 hours ago, CICAlum said:

BUSH LEAGUE! Your hear say needs to stay off GID! These rules were set last week by Irishuncle411 This is irrelevant to schedule, scheme and whatever else he/she determines are appropriate. 

Not an administrator on here, so any suggestions from me on appropriate topics can be easily ignored...speculate away...I'll add enrollment factors to appropriate topics along with schedule and scheme and will be sure I do not call any of that out in the future.

More or less, I just simply don't like posts that suggest a current administration has a head coach in waiting to replace a first year coach at a school.  Nor do I like posts that suggest an already established head coach might be in the corporation and is simply biding his time for the job to open up (you used the phrase taking over soon).  Not fair to either party....

Thanks for the shout out...Have a good rest of your week and hope you get to enjoy the games Saturday.

1 hour ago, Midway Monster said:

Is Ole Miss as bad as the score with Eastbrook indicates, or is Eastbrook that good? What has happened the last couple years at Ole Miss? Looked like they had a good 6-7 year stretch going , are they down talent wise?

I believe that their QB1 tore his ACL between week 1 and week 3, he was at the game on crutches and wearing a knee brace.  You could tell that the Sophmore QB2 was still getting his bearings with the offense.  They have weapons on offense, but the Eastbrook defense was able to shut them down and cause some turnovers.  I think they could be the #3 team still in the CIC.

3 hours ago, Midway Monster said:

Is Ole Miss as bad as the score with Eastbrook indicates, or is Eastbrook that good? What has happened the last couple years at Ole Miss? Looked like they had a good 6-7 year stretch going , are they down talent wise?

Yes.  Looks like they are trying to build around the sophomore class.  

22 hours ago, XStar said:

Yes.  Looks like they are trying to build around the sophomore class.  

2 hours ago, Midway Monster said:

How is there Sophomore class? Do they RBs coming up Like Skeens, Campbell, Do they have a QB coming like the Mccoin kid? Haven't been able to attend to many games the last year, but i seen the Ole Miss teams play a few games when these kids were there and they were good i thought.

Remember Coach Funk did leave to go to Fishers.  That's a heck of change to Ole Miss FB!  

On 9/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, Midway Monster said:

How is there Sophomore class? Do they RBs coming up Like Skeens, Campbell, Do they have a QB coming like the Mccoin kid? Haven't been able to attend to many games the last year, but i seen the Ole Miss teams play a few games when these kids were there and they were good i thought.

The Freshman and Sophomore class both have some talent.  The 8th grade class has even more talent.  Coaching change is playing a part with Ole Miss.  There have also been some position changes for some players on both side of the ball.  The talent is there, it's just getting all the pieces of the puzzle in the right places.