Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Coach O on the hotseat?

Boilernation

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

YIKES.....      "The Athletic reports Orgeron also made advances on a woman at a gas station, who then told him she was married and pregnant. He then responded, "Why does that matter?" The woman ended up being the wife of a high-ranking LSU official."

23 hours ago, Gipper said:

Who got next?  Billy Napier from nearby Leezyanna?  Urban Meyer although the Jags won today?  My favorite, Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina?  

Mel Tucker?

Jimbo Fisher has to be #1. LSU's current AD was the AD at Texas A&M who hired Fisher. I'd be willing to bet he's already called every power broker LSU has to round up the cash for Jimbo's buyout. If not Fisher, I'm curious to see see if they would try an up and comer like Napier or hold steady for a big name.

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

I expect to see Mark Stoops name come up for some big openings

Agreed. And I wonder if he would be make a huge mistake in leaving Lexington. He's been able to use his Ohio connections to recruit will in Ohio to go along with getting some good recruits out of Kentucky and the South. In Lexington he won't get fired for losing 1-4 games per season. The expectations will be really high if he leaves for a better job. 

Actually, I looked into it further. Jimbo's buyout is completely one sided. LSU's wouldn't have to pay a dime to A&M. How ironic that Woodward didnt' put a two way buyout into Jimbo's A&M salary and now has the chance to re-hire him in Baton Rouge.

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-coaching-search-misconception-about-Jimbo-Fisher-sizable-buyout-at-Texas-AM-173381238/