Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 4

First time ever starting the thread so let's see how it goes... Hope no one else has started one already..

FC @ Covington - I think the Karrfalt kid might be the best player in the conference this year. He's throwing for a little over 400 yards a game this year and I see the same thing happening this Friday against FC. FC defense is only giving up 18 points a game but that may be because of the lack of competition they have faced. I think Covington 54 FC 30.

Linton @ NV - Linton is much improved from last year and NV has been down the past two years. Linton wins this one by 3 or 4 scores.

Seeger @ RP - I like RP in this one. Not sure why but I think they are hunger and will come out ready to play after having two weeks off. Excited to see their running back 24 get to play against some better competition. RP 28 Seeger 14

Non conference games 

Marshall ILL @ SV - I don't know much about the Illinois schools but saw that Marshall is 0-2 and being that SV lost last week I look for them to bounce back this week and win this one. The D 1 qb will throw all over the yard and SV wins 54 - 12. 

PH @ Tuscola ILL -  After a terrible performance last week against Adams Central PH will look to also bounce back and win this week. PH will throw it all over Tuscola and score a lot of points. On the other hand the defense of PH might give up some points so PH 63 Tuscola 26

Week 4 of what has been a pretty dismal WRC season so far. The only teams with a winning record, so far, are Parke Heritage, Fountain Central and Covington. The Wolfs looked completely inept last weekend against Adams Central. All that state championship run talk in Rockville should be quiet for a few weeks. (The Flying Jets aren't even the best team in their conference!)The Mustangs have benefitted from a depleted Riverton Parke squad and a bad Frontier team for their two wins. I wouldn't count them as a top contender. The Trojans can score a bunch, but their defense and overall team play lacks a little bit as games wear on. Their 28-0 1st quarter lead against North Vermillion last week got widdled down to 12 points half way through the 3rd quarter. North Vermillion does play hard, just not enough playmakers. Seeger and South Vermillion had some rough goes early on. I look for them to improve as the season goes, maybe. Attica is a question mark if they'll even play again. I hear good things about Riverton Parke, but they're in the same boat. Got to get them on the field! Anyways here are the picks....

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL at COVINGTON - The Trojans' QB reminds me a lot of Brett Favre. Reckless at times, but always ready to make a play. He's a competitor, and can sling it. I don't think the Mustang secondary can contain the Trojans' passing attack. If they do, I don't think the Mustang offense can score enough points to win. Either way, I see a Trojan victory. COVINGTON 45 - FC 28

LINTON at NORTH VERMILLION - This game used to be a fun one to watch. Used to be. The last several meetings have been all Miners. After their 2nd half performance last week against a tough Monrovia team, the Miners appear to be gearing up for another deep post-season run. The Falcons will always compete, but I don't think they'll pull it out. LINTON 54 - NV 32

SEEGER at RIVERTON PARKE - I had high hopes for this year's Patriot's team. They looked ready to challenge the Wolfs and Wildcats for conference domination. Their week one matchup with Parke Heritage showed me otherwise. I have even less confidence in them now considering I've heard that their 13-0 loss to Southmont was at the hands of several non-starters and JV players on the field for the Mounties. Fortunatley for Coach Herb, I have no clue if the Panthers will be at full strength. If they are, they could be a problem for an under performing team like Seeger. If not, Seeger should win. Should win, maybe. SEEGER 28 - RP 27

MARSHALL(IL) at SOUTH VERMILLION - I know nothing about the Lions this year. The Wildcats are on pace to break the school record in scoring offense, but unfortunately, also scoring defense. I'd like to think that South Vermillion has the better athletes on the field, but I've though that the last three weeks. This one will probably be another shootout. SV 56  - MARSHALL(IL) 55

PARKE HERITAGE at TUSCOLA(IL) - I know even less about the Warriors. Hopefully they don't run the ball! I mean that game last week against Adams Central was a clinic on how to run the ball. Parke Heritage has never been beat that bad in its illustrious 4 years of existence. How do the Wolfs recover from the beat down they received from the Flying Jets?  They were supposed to play Attica, who is still out. Now they play Tuscola(IL). If the Warriors run the ball, and do it with efficiency, the Wolfs are in for a long night again. PH 8 - TUSCOLA(IL) 7

Covington 52, FC 12.  Mustangs are not good, don’t be fooled by their record.  

Linton 42, NV 6.  Only because Linton will not run it up.  

D1’s 62, Marshall 0.  Rumor is that Marshall will be playing with their JV due to Covid issues.  Marshall didn’t want to play, but the D1’s somehow talked them into it.  

Fighting Herbs 36, RP 12.  RP wants to be contenders, they are still pretenders.  Herbie will get the boys rolling starting this week.  

Wolfs 92, Tuscola 12.  Wolfs will be looking to come out and prove last week was a fluke.  Only thing I know about Tuscola is the outlet mall.  Last I checked they don’t sell football players at the Nike outlet store.  

Is this the worst WRC overall talent level ever in the WRC?

5 hours ago, Bear54 said:

LINTON at NORTH VERMILLION - This game used to be a fun one to watch. Used to be. The last several meetings have been all Miners. After their 2nd half performance last week against a tough Monrovia team, the Miners appear to be gearing up for another deep post-season run. The Falcons will always compete, but I don't think they'll pull it out. LINTON 54 - NV 32

I always admire the Falcons work ethic... and boy those first few miner-falcon games were battles I agree.  Linton can't come in and just go through the motions.  Plus... in this day and age... you never know who will be on the field week in and out.  A few key players can change the game quick.  I agree that Linton should be the heavy fave here but NV has put up big offensive numbers.  White had an impressive game last year for a soph QB.  If there is any kink in the miner D at all.. it has been in giving up some big pass plays... but that has not been nearly as evident in 2021 and with the pass rush much more prominent...Linton has vastly improved that aspect.  Now...I can't imagine NV putting up 32 points on LInton unless the JV defense is out there for a quarter.  They've only given up 42 in 3 games against the likes of Southridge, Sullivan and Monrovia.  I sure look forward to going to NV..always a friendly rockin' environment..and Martin and Brian are always is fun to talk with! 

Let's get real everyone. 

Fountain Central at Covington - Although the teams have the same record that is the only thing about them that is the same. Covington should clearly win this game through the air. Is Covington a team to watch for the WRC title? 

Linton at North Vermillion - Another no brainer here. Linton will dominate. NV quarterback is playing well for just a sophomore and could bring about brighter days for the Cayuga faithful. Unfortunately that brighter day is not today. 

Seeger at Riverton Parke - Is everyone for RP playing? Are they as good as we keep hearing? Is Seeger what they once were? I like Seeger in this one despite the RP hype train.

Marshall at South Vermillion - The visor puts up a lot of points and pulls the victory out tonight. 

Parke Heritage at Tuscola - Parke Heritage will want blood after getting shutout last week. I look for them to dominate here. 

Since we are getting real I need to ask a question. I keep reading about the two HOF coaches in the conference, but have seen very little success in the postseason with their current schools since taking over. So, my question is at what point do we start questioning how successful their tenures will be at their current school? Based on the observations I have seen the two HOF's that are being discussed are the visor and the leader of the wolfpack. I get they have had success at programs prior to their current schools, but their teams have underperformed with them. And it isn't a question of talent. We know that there as been some talented jungle cats and baltos on those teams. I don't know, just trying to bring some more life to this thread. 

Covington vs FC - Covington QB may be the best QB in the conference. I think FC will have a very hard time stopping the Trojan offense. 42-13

Linton vs NV - Like I said in the other thread, NV defense is a weakness, and Linton has the best defense they have seen this year.  48-16. 

SV vs Marshall - Haven't seen Marshall play, but I'm taking the D1 QB - 52-6

Seeger vs RP - I would like to see RP have success, but Seeger takes this one. 32-20

PH vs Tuscola - Don't know much about the Tuscs at all except from Max Preps. With the amount of athletes PH has it's hard to go against them.. but those Brian Moore defenses always struggle. Ill take Tuscala in a battle. 32-28.

12 minutes ago, WRCREALEST said:

Since we are getting real I need to ask a question. I keep reading about the two HOF coaches in the conference, but have seen very little success in the postseason with their current schools since taking over. So, my question is at what point do we start questioning how successful their tenures will be at their current school? Based on the observations I have seen the two HOF's that are being discussed are the visor and the leader of the wolfpack. I get they have had success at programs prior to their current schools, but their teams have underperformed with them. And it isn't a question of talent. We know that there as been some talented jungle cats and baltos on those teams. I don't know, just trying to bring some more life to this thread. 

Agreed. I feel like lack of defense is what it comes down to ultimately? I may be wrong, but the Woof Pack has struggled since inception to keep teams from scoring. Is it bad positioning, lack of fundamentals, athletes? Who knows? Seems the Cats are always relatively loaded with athletes as well.. can the same questions be asked? 

31 minutes ago, WRCREALEST said:

Let's get real everyone. 

Fountain Central at Covington - Although the teams have the same record that is the only thing about them that is the same. Covington should clearly win this game through the air. Is Covington a team to watch for the WRC title? 

Linton at North Vermillion - Another no brainer here. Linton will dominate. NV quarterback is playing well for just a sophomore and could bring about brighter days for the Cayuga faithful. Unfortunately that brighter day is not today. 

Seeger at Riverton Parke - Is everyone for RP playing? Are they as good as we keep hearing? Is Seeger what they once were? I like Seeger in this one despite the RP hype train.

Marshall at South Vermillion - The visor puts up a lot of points and pulls the victory out tonight. 

Parke Heritage at Tuscola - Parke Heritage will want blood after getting shutout last week. I look for them to dominate here. 

SV- Not sure you can blame the coach on this one. SV has had very little success in the history of the WRC, let alone post season play. SV is the biggest school in the conference and just can’t ever seem to be competitive for very long. I don’t think you could bring in Nick Saban and win, must be something in the clinton water. 

PH- They had good intentions bringing in a hof coach, but they apparently brought in the wrong one. For all of the talent they have had over the past several years they haven’t won anything, and after their showing last week I would say this year will be the same. 

Edited by Coach Herman Boone

@Bear54 who do you have as the best in the ACAC? South Adams? That would be fair until we see what happens on the 24th. However, SA lost a lot to graduation from last year and they have key injuries currently. 

1 hour ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

PH- They had good intentions bringing in a hof coach, but they apparently brought in the wrong one. For all of the talent they have had over the past several years they haven’t won anything, and after their showing last week I would say this year will be the same. 

PH would have done a lot better last week if they had a running game.  Not to take away from Adams Central, because they were good, but a high school team living primarily on the pass is gonna get smoked every time in weather like that.

19 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I always admire the Falcons work ethic... and boy those first few miner-falcon games were battles I agree.  Linton can't come in and just go through the motions.  Plus... in this day and age... you never know who will be on the field week in and out.  A few key players can change the game quick.  I agree that Linton should be the heavy fave here but NV has put up big offensive numbers.  White had an impressive game last year for a soph QB.  If there is any kink in the miner D at all.. it has been in giving up some big pass plays... but that has not been nearly as evident in 2021 and with the pass rush much more prominent...Linton has vastly improved that aspect.  Now...I can't imagine NV putting up 32 points on LInton unless the JV defense is out there for a quarter.  They've only given up 42 in 3 games against the likes of Southridge, Sullivan and Monrovia.  I sure look forward to going to NV..always a friendly rockin' environment..and Martin and Brian are always is fun to talk with! 

I can't see Linton giving up 32 either. Maybe 20? Might be all the Falcons need to pull it off. But if I were a betting man....Well I shall refrain.

The rubbers over the ponies by 4 scores. Big plays will be the difference. 

Liptons over North Vermilions and it won’t be close. Y’all need to stop the buddy crap and call your moms and sisters names. I swear to God you do. Don’t be afeard to say the Minors are gonna whip their ass!

South Vermilions over Marshall. Stop saying Covington has the best qb in the conference just because of more yards. Which one is the D1 recruit? 

Seegers over Riverton Parkes. People been saying for 3 RP is moving to the top half of the WRC. Why? 

Woofs over the other Illinois team. Covington showed the Woofs can be scored on. The Jets showed how to kick their ass. Hard to beat ode school smash mouth in 1A. State Law. Brian Moores growed up in a hard hitting system and had Seegers as one of the hardest hitting teams for years. What happened? 

Woofs will still win the WRC with Covington next then SV. 
NV, FC, and Seegers will fight it out for the middle and RP will be at the bottom and poor Attica will get an incomplete. 

Saw a couple of shots at FC. The only team that beat them they hung with and will be 4-0 after tonight. Not where the program was before but improving and the numbers are slowly coming back up.

I gotta go 

7 hours ago, WRCREALEST said:

Let's get real everyone. 

If you’re so real how will Covington win  the WRC if The Woofs already beat their ass? The Woofs probably won’t lose again until the regionals. The Rubbers could be the dark horse for the sectional but no one else comes close.