Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis vs Warren Central (97th Circle City Showdown)

What's good GID. Week 5 is here and it's Rivalry Week in Indianapolis. For the 97th time, Ben Davis and Warren Central will renew their rivalry Friday night. The Giants lost a heartbreaker 45-21 to Center Grove. Meanwhile the Warriors are coming in red hot, winners of 3 straight games. Warren Central leads the overall series 56-36-3. Who wins bragging rights this year? My prediction: Both teams will fight hard. But Warren Central pulls away late for a 42-35 win and reclaims bragging rights for the year. Fire away folks

Rise up Warriors!!!

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

What's good GID. Week 5 is here and it's Rivalry Week in Indianapolis. For the 97th time, Ben Davis and Warren Central will renew their rivalry Friday night. The Giants lost a heartbreaker 45-21 to Center Grove. Meanwhile the Warriors are coming in red hot, winners of 3 straight games. Warren Central leads the overall series 56-36-3. Who wins bragging rights this year? My prediction: Both teams will fight hard. But Warren Central pulls away late for a 42-35 win and reclaims bragging rights for the year. Fire away folks

Rise up Warriors!!!

Honest question.  Have you ever picked Warren to lose?

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

Rise up Warriors!!!

It's 57-36-3 by our count.

This game is a toss up this year as it has been for the last few. I really think either team can win it. Obviously there will be the extra emotion hanging over this because of Mike Kirschner's return to Ben Davis. There are a few coaches on the BD side who were hired by Mike or who coached with him or were coached by him. It's going to be weird. 

Giants win 38-35.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Footballking16 said:

Setting the over/under at 70 points. 

Last year, it was a 21-14 game. The year before, it was 27-24 in Double OT but 17-17 at the end of regulation. Defenses tend to bow up in this one a bit. I think it's a good bet though to go high on the prediction.

4 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/2631171-james-banks-scores-improbable-touchdown-from-11-9-01-regional-bd-vs-wc

We have the audio at WBDG. The video is somewhere out there in the twitterverse, I think. 

Reminds me of the 2014 semi-state game where Chris Evans pulled one out of his backside late in the game to beat CG.  Most of us refer to that as the game where Max Norris's hamstring cost us a state championship. 

36 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/2631171-james-banks-scores-improbable-touchdown-from-11-9-01-regional-bd-vs-wc

We have the audio at WBDG. The video is somewhere out there in the twitterverse, I think. 

Lemme see if I remember correctly…

4th and long…

Banks back to punt from inside his own 10 yard line…

Snap goes over his head…

Banks retreats into the end zone to pick it up…

Thinks about throwing it…

Tucks it and winds 100+ yards like a pinball machine for a TD.

33 minutes ago, temptation said:

4th and long…

Snap goes over his head…

One of the best plays I have ever seen. The other coincidently was also between WC and BD is sort of the same scenario. Jeremy Finch back for punt. Snap over his head into the end zone. Finish retrieves the ball and instead of running it he throws a long pass to I belive Jason Stewart at mid-field who takes thr ball in for a TD. @BDGiant93 do you remember this play and what year it was? I belive it was in 04 at Warren. 

11 hours ago, Warren05 said:

One of the best plays I have ever seen. The other coincidently was also between WC and BD is sort of the same scenario. Jeremy Finch back for punt. Snap over his head into the end zone. Finish retrieves the ball and instead of running it he throws a long pass to I belive Jason Stewart at mid-field who takes thr ball in for a TD. @BDGiant93 do you remember this play and what year it was? I belive it was in 04 at Warren. 

Yeah. Somewhere in there. Wasn't it right before the half?

11 hours ago, temptation said:

4th and long…

Snap goes over his head…

Actually, he was punting from about the 25 or 30 and it went over his head and rolled down to the 10. Other than that. Yep. That covers it.

12 hours ago, Grover said:

Reminds me of the 2014 semi-state game where Chris Evans pulled one out of his backside late in the game to beat CG.  Most of us refer to that as the game where Max Norris's hamstring cost us a state championship. 

We have that audio too...

https://audioboom.com/posts/2653056-giants-game-winner-vs-center-grove-in-semi-state