Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

Week 5 Already??

Covington @ Seeger - I'm going the Trojan 42-20. I think it's close early on, but the Trojan firepower reigns supreme. 

RP @ NV - After the beatdown the Falcons took last week, I expect them to come out full throttle against the Panthers. I still haven't seen NV stop anyone from scoring yet, so I expect it to be a higher scoring game. 40-28. 

Attica @ FC - Is Attica playing this week? Do they think they can win it? I don't. I take the Mustangs in a not so close game. 48-6.

PH @ Greencastle - As long as it's dry outside every game I see PH being 9-1 for the regular season. Haven't seen much of Greencastle, but they did just beat South Put by 6. Could give us an early indicator of Sectional favorites, if PH throttles GC. It's still too early for those predictions though.

SV @ Sullivan - The cats travel to a 2-2 Sullivan team, who I might add lost by 3 to an unbeaten #13 ranked 4A Northview, and by 13 to an unbeaten #7 Ranked 2A Linton, whom we just saw decimate the Falcons that put up 40 on the Cats defense. Im thinking the Cats are going to have a long saddened drive home. 60-34.

2 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Week 5 Already??

Covington @ Seeger - I'm going the Trojan 42-20. I think it's close early on, but the Trojan firepower reigns supreme. 

RP @ NV - After the beatdown the Falcons took last week, I expect them to come out full throttle against the Panthers. I still haven't seen NV stop anyone from scoring yet, so I expect it to be a higher scoring game. 40-28. 

Attica @ FC - Is Attica playing this week? Do they think they can win it? I don't. I take the Mustangs in a not so close game. 48-6.

PH @ Greencastle - As long as it's dry outside every game I see PH being 9-1 for the regular season. Haven't seen much of Greencastle, but they did just beat South Put by 6. Could give us an early indicator of Sectional favorites, if PH throttles GC. It's still too early for those predictions though.

SV @ Sullivan - The cats travel to a 2-2 Sullivan team, who I might add lost by 3 to an unbeaten #13 ranked 4A Northview, and by 13 to an unbeaten #7 Ranked 2A Linton, whom we just saw decimate the Falcons that put up 40 on the Cats defense. Im thinking the Cats are going to have a long saddened drive home. 60-34.

Marshall Mathers, Hi my name is chickachicka Tanka Jahari. Do you like sandwiches?

Wow, a thread started on a Monday. Maybe there is some interest in the WRC still...

COVINGTON vs. SEEGER - Coach Herb and Seeger are thanking their lucky stars the Panthers couldn't get a 2 point conversion and fumbled on the 1 yard line last week. Otherwise the Partriots might be sitting at 1-3. The Patriots' secondary was exploited by giving up 300 plus passing yards. (To the Panthers?) Covington, I'm sure, is licking their chops. But can they stop that Patriot run game? I hope the Trojans are up for the task. This should be a dandy. Covington 45 Seeger 40

RIVERTON PARKE vs. NORTH VERMILLION - I thought North Vermillion would give more of a fight against Linton. Apparently, the Miners are better than advertised, or the Falcons are less than. I don't know. One thing is for sure, Riverton Parke looks to be competing a lot more than they have in the past, even, as I've heard, without being full strength still. Will the Panthers ruin the Falcon Homecoming? It's been a long time (2007) since a Panther win in this series. We'll see... NV 35 RP 32

ATTICA vs. FOUNTAIN CENTRAL - Attica is back! Maybe. Not ideal to take nearly a month off during an only two and half month long regular season. The Ramblers will have to knock some rust off I'm sure. The Mustangs look to get back to their ways of beating up inferior opponents. Might be a little closer than Eminem says. FC 26 Attica 20

PARKE HERITAGE vs. GREENCASTLE - The Tiger Cubs in fact lost to the Eagles 19-13. But they still present an issue to the Wolfs. They're usually a run first team. Which by now, we should all know, the Wolfs are bad at stopping. Parke Heritage needed a Tuscola(IL) fumble to get the ball back for their chance to win last week. Otherwise, I think they would have lost two in a row. Even with all of their athletes, they may find playing up a few classes will present a problem, and they're on the road for a third straight week. Who made this schedule? Greencastle will be tough to beat at home. GC 42 PH 40

SOUTH VERMILLION vs. SULLIVAN - The Wildcats will be in trouble during this one. The Golden Arrows will score more than them. That's all I have to say about that. This one could get ugly. Sullivan 42 SV 14 

40 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

Wow, a thread started on a Monday. Maybe there is some interest in the WRC still...

COVINGTON vs. SEEGER - Coach Herb and Seeger are thanking their lucky stars the Panthers couldn't get a 2 point conversion and fumbled on the 1 yard line last week. Otherwise the Partriots might be sitting at 1-3. The Patriots' secondary was exploited by giving up 300 plus passing yards. (To the Panthers?) Covington, I'm sure, is licking their chops. But can they stop that Patriot run game? I hope the Trojans are up for the task. This should be a dandy. Covington 45 Seeger 40

RIVERTON PARKE vs. NORTH VERMILLION - I thought North Vermillion would give more of a fight against Linton. Apparently, the Miners are better than advertised, or the Falcons are less than. I don't know. One thing is for sure, Riverton Parke looks to be competing a lot more than they have in the past, even, as I've heard, without being full strength still. Will the Panthers ruin the Falcon Homecoming? It's been a long time (2007) since a Panther win in this series. We'll see... NV 35 RP 32

ATTICA vs. FOUNTAIN CENTRAL - Attica is back! Maybe. Not ideal to take nearly a month off during an only two and half month long regular season. The Ramblers will have to knock some rust off I'm sure. The Mustangs look to get back to their ways of beating up inferior opponents. Might be a little closer than Eminem says. FC 26 Attica 20

PARKE HERITAGE vs. GREENCASTLE - The Tiger Cubs in fact lost to the Eagles 19-13. But they still present an issue to the Wolfs. They're usually a run first team. Which by now, we should all know, the Wolfs are bad at stopping. Parke Heritage needed a Tuscola(IL) fumble to get the ball back for their chance to win last week. Otherwise, I think they would have lost two in a row. Even with all of their athletes, they may find playing up a few classes will present a problem, and they're on the road for a third straight week. Who made this schedule? Greencastle will be tough to beat at home. GC 42 PH 40

SOUTH VERMILLION vs. SULLIVAN - The Wildcats will be in trouble during this one. The Golden Arrows will score more than them. That's all I have to say about that. This one could get ugly. Sullivan 42 SV 14 

Show me on this peacocks where the Mustangs hurt you. 

C9404537-EF8D-4E2E-A793-5486CCAA2C7B.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Show me on this peacocks where the Mustangs hurt you. 

C9404537-EF8D-4E2E-A793-5486CCAA2C7B.jpeg

That's funny Donnie. I have not been hurt by the Mustangs. Just not a fan. But trust me, my dislike is well rooted. 

Honest question, Do you see their program headed back to its old ways? Where they can compete for at least a WRC title and the Sectional?

47 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

One thing is for sure, Riverton Parke looks to be competing a lot more than they have in the past, even, as I've heard, without being full strength still.

I like you Bear. I will share my fart sandwiches with you and also share some helpful insight. No team is at full strength anymore. Injuries, covid, hemorrhoids, whatever. Every week pretty much all teams are dealing with not being at full strength. 

Sadly, this is as down a year as I have ever seen in the WRC.

Let's evaluate:

Parke Heritage - The most talented team in the WRC, but why does it feel like they are so close to seeing it all implode?

South Vermillion - Hate to say it, but we have underachieved.......had high hopes, but not so much!

Seeger - Herb's boys may get the award for MOST underwhelming team in the WRC

North Vermillion - They would have trouble slowing down a run a way turtle right now

RIverton Parke - Might be the only team to meet expectations this year......allbeit low expectations

Covington - Like most WRC teams, defense is lacking.  Although the QB is fun to watch

Fountain Central - Would like to think they are trending up, but its really hard to tell

Attica - they have literally taken their ball and gone home

Please tell me the light at the end of the WRC tunnel is not a train!!

Week 4 in the books and it appears that all is back to normal in the WRC.  Wolfs winning again and scoring points.  D1’s winning, and Herbie and the Pats starting to make their mid to late season push.  

Seeger 26, Covington 22.  Here come the Pats.

FC 3, Attica 2.  Epic battle of bad WRC teams here.

NV Flaconmart 38, RP Pretenders 26.   Is the Mecca Tavern a sponsor for this week?

Sullivan 40, D1’s 6.  D1’s are about to get waxed 2 weeks in a row.

Wolfs 42, Greencastle 6.  Wolfs could be turning into a defensive team?  

Unfortunately this could possibly be the worst WRC from top to bottom in many, many years.  But someone has to win it, and I think by default the Wolfs will get the monkey finally off of their back.  

• Disdain 1

6 hours ago, Bear54 said:

That's funny Donnie. I have not been hurt by the Mustangs. Just not a fan. But trust me, my dislike is well rooted. 

Honest question, Do you see their program headed back to its old ways? Where they can compete for at least a WRC title and the Sectional?

I think it’s going the right direction, I swear to God I do. But things need to happen first. Used to be the biggest roster in the WRC. Now there’s no JV for the 3-5th year in a row. Several years ago Smith and the Legend took a 9th and jv team 2 directions for games on a Thursday night. Current coach was left with the worst numbers in years. 
We’ll have some Zimas sometime and you can get that Mustang burden off your showders. Everyone love ponies and horses. STATE LAW!

7 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Parke Heritage - The most talented team in the WRC, but why does it feel like they are so close to seeing it all implode?

Could be the last minute new faces taking time from some guys that have been a Rockvillian/Turkey their whole lives. It’s easier to deal with when you’re winning though, so as long as that keeps happening they’ll be fine 

7 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Like most WRC teams, defense is lacking. 

Why is defense lacking in the WRC? Lack of coaching, lack of knowledge, lack of kids that just want to go hit kids, or are the athletes only playing offense? 

20 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Week 5 Already??

South Put won 19-13

Covington @ Seeger - Passing attack will be too much for the Patriots to handle. Rumor has it that Karrfalt is leading the nation in passing yards. The Trojan offense is a tough one to stop.. Covington 42 Seeger 21 

RP @ NV - Look for both teams to bounce back after tough games last week. NV has shown us that they can score a lot of points but they have not shown us that they can stop any team from scoring.  NV 40 RP 24

Attica @ FC - Tough times up in Attica right now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. FC continues to only beat bad teams.. FC wins this one 32 - 12

PH @ GC - If the Wolfs can't get things rolling here soon I'm not to confident in their odds to win a sectional. Bad news for PH is that it looks like GC is much more of a running team than a passing team. The Wolfs could be in for another long game Friday night. PH 30 GC 21.

SV @ Sullivan - Don't know much about Sullivan but they are always a solid team. With them keeping it decently close against Linton I'll take Sullivan to win this one. 40 - 22

• Disdain 1

19 hours ago, WRC123 said:

Covington @ Seeger - Passing attack will be too much for the Patriots to handle. Rumor has it that Karrfalt is leading the nation in passing yards. The Trojan offense is a tough one to stop.. Covington 42 Seeger 21 

RP @ NV - Look for both teams to bounce back after tough games last week. NV has shown us that they can score a lot of points but they have not shown us that they can stop any team from scoring.  NV 40 RP 24

Attica @ FC - Tough times up in Attica right now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. FC continues to only beat bad teams.. FC wins this one 32 - 12

PH @ GC - If the Wolfs can't get things rolling here soon I'm not to confident in their odds to win a sectional. Bad news for PH is that it looks like GC is much more of a running team than a passing team. The Wolfs could be in for another long game Friday night. PH 30 GC 21.

SV @ Sullivan - Don't know much about Sullivan but they are always a solid team. With them keeping it decently close against Linton I'll take Sullivan to win this one. 40 - 22

3 of the Top 5 in the state are from the WRC

• Thanks 1

As Friday night draws closer, I had some thoughts to share with the WRC brethren.

Better entertainment for your Friday night: 

A WRC football game or gambling at the local cock fight?

Also I think they should strap spider monkeys to the greyhounds that race at the dog tracks. A dog can only be the winner if the spider monkey jockey stays upright till the end.

Is it safe to try to domesticate coyotes?

Who wins in a fight between 10 fighting cocks and 1 coyote?

Edited by Tanka Jahari
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

As Friday night draws closer, I had some thoughts to share with the WRC brethren.

Better entertainment for your Friday night: 

A WRC football game or gambling at the local cock fight?

Also I think they should strap spider monkeys to the greyhounds that race at the dog tracks. A dog can only be the winner if the spider monkey jockey stays upright till the end.

Is it safe to try to domesticate coyotes?

Who wins in a fight between 10 fighting cocks and 1 coyote?

A coyote no questions asked. Although I’d pay to see it. 

7 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

3 of the Top 5 in the state are from the WRC

Who is top 5 in the state in the WRC? Are you talking stats or teams? 

17 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

A coyote no questions asked. Although I’d pay to see it. 

Who is top 5 in the state in the WRC? Are you talking stats or teams? 

State Passing Yards Leaders

1 Alan Karrfalt - Sr
Covington
QB, DB 1715 428.8 139 216 .644 19 3 112.3 4
2 Anthony Garzolini - Sr
South Vermillion (Clinton)
QB 1109 277.3 63 98 .643 12 3 129.6 4
3 Carson Clark - Sr
Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (Fort Wayne)
QB 1104 276.0 75 116 .647 12 2 122.9 4
4 Nicholas Patterson - Jr
Mooresville
QB, LB 1093 273.3 69 94 .734 16 2 142.4 4
5 Christian Johnson - Jr
Parke Heritage (Rockville)
QB, FS 1080 270.0 80 129 .620 12 5 103.5 4

21 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

State Passing Yards Leaders

1 Alan Karrfalt - Sr
Covington
QB, DB 1715 428.8 139 216 .644 19 3 112.3 4
2 Anthony Garzolini - Sr
South Vermillion (Clinton)
QB 1109 277.3 63 98 .643 12 3 129.6 4
3 Carson Clark - Sr
Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (Fort Wayne)
QB 1104 276.0 75 116 .647 12 2 122.9 4
4 Nicholas Patterson - Jr
Mooresville
QB, LB 1093 273.3 69 94 .734 16 2 142.4 4
5 Christian Johnson - Jr
Parke Heritage (Rockville)
QB, FS 1080 270.0 80 129 .620 12 5 103.5 4

That's just another reason why they call the WRC the SEC of Indiana high school football

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

That's just another reason why they call the WRC the SEC of Indiana high school football

216 attempts in 4 games??? Im not good in math, but that comes out to 54 attempts a game??  Might have to institute a pitch count for QB's similar to what they use in baseball!  He has also completed more passes than the others have even attempted.  

2 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Goes back to defense I guess. Seems nobody can stop anybody in the WRC. Is passing becoming the new 3 pointer in basketball, every wants to do it? Running is becoming the mid range game, non existent? 

They already have a 3 pointer in basketball. I swear to God they do!