Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Linton vs Boonville at the Roy. Trap game?

8 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

Jets I don't believe heresay on anything any more. Show us the Non-Renewal signed doc. Oh that's right you dont have it I can already see the next attack format! LMAO

I am not sure why you would think Southridge would not want to play Linton again. At the time the Linton vs. Southridge game was not renewed Southridge was 7-0 all time vs. Linton. 

7 hours ago, sr1 said:

I am not sure why you would think Southridge would not want to play Linton again. At the time the Linton vs. Southridge game was not renewed Southridge was 7-0 all time vs. Linton. 

Somehow you have mistaken me. I don't know why either team would not want to play each other. Two great teams, coaches, and fans. Very similar in fact. Heck I love the matchup! Especially the SR whole sports complex. I can say I find it hard to believe the game was canx because of a lack of competition. More like wrong week in the schedule, travel costs, time or other considerations. I honestly believe the programs just couldn't work it out and agreed to amicably let it expire but sadly. 

1 hour ago, globemstr3 said:

Somehow you have mistaken me. I don't know why either team would not want to play each other. Two great teams, coaches, and fans. Very similar in fact. Heck I love the matchup! Especially the SR whole sports complex. I can say I find it hard to believe the game was canx because of a lack of competition. More like wrong week in the schedule, travel costs, time or other considerations. I honestly believe the programs just couldn't work it out and agreed to amicably let it expire but sadly. 

No one is saying it was a lack of competition.  They are saying Southridge wanted to keep the relationship, The Miners, for whatever reason, didn't.

On to North Daviess and another rout.  The Miners should drop them too.

2 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

I definitely believe it had nothing to do with the competition level.. I think both teams liked facing each other in week 1.   Coach Buening certainly stated that the Raiders hated that this was the last meeting.  He went a long way in telling me that they always came of the game having learnt things they needed to address, and things to tighten up.  Linton certainly did and I felt always did us better going into Sullivan week 2.  I haven't had any real chance to discuss it with the coaches... or Charlie since he retired last year.  I'm amazed that I had no prior knowledge of it being changed.  Tell me how far out of the loop I have become, but I do live in Vincennes, and I don't get up there (Linton) like I have been able to in past years.  Buening mentioned something about schedule for Linton.. and I thought he mentioned Sullivan... now I dont know if that meant we had to adjust our schedule to keep Sullivan on it... or that Southridge was looking at Sullivan as a week 1.  Sullivan has been playing North Knox in week 1.... and I don't know why that would change for either team. 

And I wanna be sure and mention that Boonville... now at 0-4... is a good 0-4.   I think it was a good game for Linton to play.  Down again at the half 14-13, and again the defense blanked the Pioneers in the 2nd half.  Linton had 2 second half 13 play drives both for scores that was nice to watch.  I hate that Hunter Johns went down to an injury though.  Gabe Eslinger was a monster in this game on both sides of the ball...  but also Drew Smith with carries up the gut running over people.  We still give up the pass plays though here and there.  People talked of this being a trap game... I didn't think it would... but I would think the N.Daviess game coming up could be.  With North Knox on the horizon... even though the Cougars are 4-1 and playing well.. they were 4-0 in each of the last two seasons as well... and finished 4-5 last year, 7-4 in 2020.  THis is a huge game for them.... Linton needs to operate like a smooth machine and take care of business early.  

Hats off to Clay Conner, Reece Wilder, THomas Hall & Carter Wolfe who I thought stood out for the Pioneers.