Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Columbus North

28 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

If that is what Cathedrals wants the score to be, it will be.

It'll be similar to the Penn game. 35-0, 42-0 at half, running clock 2nd half with backups running the same two or three plays every series with the score being similar to what it was at half. Only way it gets significantly out of hand is if the Cathedral defense is scoring directly off turnovers. 

5 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

It'll be similar to the Penn game. 35-0, 42-0 at half, running clock 2nd half with backups running the same two or three plays every series with the score being similar to what it was at half. Only way it gets significantly out of hand is if the Cathedral defense is scoring directly off turnovers. 

For the record I think CN would handle Penn convincingly. 

This time last year Cathedral was in the middle of their"Ohio" schedule. In fact, they had played 3 Ohio teams each year since 2017. Just one this year.... Did schools back out of a contract?

Now as a result the Irish have Hammond Morton on the schedule next week. If you look at Morton's results thus far, there is no way this game should take place. This may be the biggest mismatch in recent memory. Better have a number of EMT's standing by.

21 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

This time last year Cathedral was in the middle of their"Ohio" schedule. In fact, they had played 3 Ohio teams each year since 2017. Just one this year.... Did schools back out of a contract?

Now as a result the Irish have Hammond Morton on the schedule next week. If you look at Morton's results thus far, there is no way this game should take place. This may be the biggest mismatch in recent memory. Better have a number of EMT's standing by.

Second time today I’ve read this forum and spit out my drink.  (Still out of smiley faces.)

Is Cathedral also playing freshman/JV games against Morton?  If not, dress em on the 24th, lol.

Just like with Penn, I feel bad for the Morton kids that have to endure that long bus ride just to get their teeth kicked in.

29 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Cathedral “could” have beaten Penn by a lot more than 37-0 had they wanted too, however they chose not to. I think a similar outcome will be in the works Friday against CN.

Not sure why St. X isn’t on the schedule this year, they’ve been a mainstay on Cathedral’s schedule for the better part of the last 20 years but there have been a few instances where they haven’t met. I believe they are back on the schedule next year. Moeller, Elder, as well as Louisville Trinity and Lakewood St. Ed’s have shown up on the schedule a few different times over the years but not teams Cathedral traditionally plays every year.

It is unfortunate when a team like Morton shows up on the schedule but in almost every instance it is out of necessity not luxury. One of the downsides to not being in a conference I suppose.

I'd be interested to know why the Irish aren't playing St. X this season.  The Irish have played St. X almost every year since the late '90's.  I have attended every game of the series.  The results are lopsided, somewhat, but most of the games were very competitive.

I don't believe the Irish have played at LaSalle since 1999, when Otis Shannon rushed for 489 yards in a 34-24 Irish win.  Looking forward to seeing that one if we can make it past the road construction on I74.  We may have to hit the side roads.

It's been sometime since the Irish played at Columbus North also.  

6 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I'd be interested to know why the Irish aren't playing St. X this season.  The Irish have played St. X almost every year since the late '90's.  I have attended every game of the series.  The results are lopsided, somewhat, but most of the games were very competitive.

I don't believe the Irish have played at LaSalle since 1999, when Otis Shannon rushed for 489 yards in a 34-24 Irish win.  Looking forward to seeing that one if we can make it past the road construction on I74.  We may have to hit the side roads.

Zaharakos (for the nostalgia) but if you like Pizza you have to go with Zwanzigs or Hotbox Pizza.. both are extremely good. As for a burger, Joe Willy’s. 

Safe Travels 

4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Zaharakos (for the nostalgia) but if you like Pizza you have to go with Zwanzigs or Hotbox Pizza.. both are extremely good. As for a burger, Joe Willy’s. 

Safe Travels 

We have a Hot Box close by on the west side of Indy.  We may try one of the others if the traffic isn't too bad.  Thanks for the tips!

Edited by PHJIrish

23 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

We have a Hot Box close by on the west side of Indy.  We may try one of the others if the traffic isn't too bad.  Thanks for the tips!

Zwanzigs and Zaharakos are about 1 mile apart.. traffic shouldn’t be bad in Columbus, now getting to Columbus could be a different story… Your Welcome. 

7 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Zwanzigs and Zaharakos are about 1 mile apart.. traffic shouldn’t be bad in Columbus, now getting to Columbus could be a different story… Your Welcome. 

Love Zwanzigs.   Stumbled across this place when I went to a Roncalli vs Mater Dei girls basektball game years ago at a Columbus tournament.

Good pizza and the wife loves their mix of chocolate stout and blueberry ale.  Need to go there again.

10 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Played La Salle last year and in 07 at the Herbstreit Classic. Won both.

Edit: I see you said at LaSalle my apologies. 07 game was in Cincy but played at UC's Nipper Stadium.

Edited by Footballking16

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

As a Gibson Southern fan….I hope CN wins this one…..just so that the sagarin ratings go ballistic and put GS way too high on the rankings 😜

will that happen? Probably not… but I’m hoping for it lol 

Game will be over by the time Cathedral exits the locker room. LOL 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Love Zwanzigs.   Stumbled across this place when I went to a Roncalli vs Mater Dei girls basektball game years ago at a Columbus tournament.

Good pizza and the wife loves their mix of chocolate stout and blueberry ale.  Need to go there again.

Zwanzigs in one of my favorite spots.  Great beer and pizza!

• Like 1