Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

OT: Number of reactions allowed

So I realize I'm not one of the more active people here (174 posts), but just curious why I'm only allowed two reactions per day?  Is there a threshold that once you pass a certain number of posts you get more?  Website host rules maybe? Not that I would put up a ridiculous number of reactions, but sometimes after reading through the stimulating discussions here, I could see myself with 3 to 5 during a day.

Not complaining, just curious.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

So I realize I'm not one of the more active people here (174 posts), but just curious why I'm only allowed two reactions per day?  Is there a threshold that once you pass a certain number of posts you get more?  Website host rules maybe? Not that I would put up a ridiculous number of reactions, but sometimes after reading through the stimulating discussions here, I could see myself with 3 to 5 during a day.

I suspect, with the new system layout, that the number of reactions is probably tied to level.  If I recall correctly, even with the older system, a "newbie" was limited to having to make x number of posts ... I think it was 10 ... before you could start a topic.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a correlation with level and number of reactions granted.  The other thing that I noticed with the new system is that, some items carried forward, such as number of posts; however, I think the ranks are based on posts SINCE the new system commencement.  As such, 175 posts would normally classify you as more than a newbie, but that's your lifetime posts as opposed to those registered for rank by the new system.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

I would like this post but I have already used my allotted likes. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Looks like you have earned the 2nd rank since the change. I am up to the 8th. That may be why I can like more posts per day.

6 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

What is the cost?  Not sure if I'm interested in paying just to post reactions, but as much as I come here to read a small amount might be doable.

$30. The main benefit is no ads. Plus the fact that you're helping support this website in day-to-day operational costs!!

https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonecrusher said:

What is the cost?  Not sure if I'm interested in paying just to post reactions, but as much as I come here to read a small amount might be doable.

I would not look at it as paying to post reactions or get rid of the ads. Instead, any and all donations go toward supporting this great forum's cost of upkeep so that it can continue to be used day after day, year after year. If we do not have the donations from our users, the site will no longer exist.

• Like 1