Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CG/Cathedral at Arlington????

Just say that where this game is.  What a joke!!!  I'm so glad Roncalli doesn't have to play the irish there!!!  That game should be at U Indy or CG, or anywhere else that can actually host the event properly!  I heard the Chatard game last week was a awful there.  No parking. Just ridiculous!  They're probably looking for any advantage they can get.  Playing on a crowned crappy grass surface will be an obstacle for any team, but the irish get 4 or 5 practice games before the CG game.  They'll still lose, but it stinks that this game doesn't receive the proper environment it should. Maybe they'll make some $ on the webcast???  Is that technology even accessible there??? 

Joke!

18 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

Just say that where this game is.  What a joke!!!  I'm so glad Roncalli doesn't have to play the irish there!!!  That game should be at U Indy or CG, or anywhere else that can actually host the event properly!  I heard the Chatard game last week was a awful there.  No parking. Just ridiculous!  They're probably looking for any advantage they can get.  Playing on a crowned crappy grass surface will be an obstacle for any team, but the irish get 4 or 5 practice games before the CG game.  They'll still lose, but it stinks that this game doesn't receive the proper environment it should. Maybe they'll make some $ on the webcast???  Is that technology even accessible there??? 

Joke!

Just be glad Roncalli has ducked Cathedral for the last decade and get over it. 

The playing surface at Arlington is fine. It is a smaller venue but what other choice does Cathedral have? It's where they play their home games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Just be glad Roncalli has ducked Cathedral for the last decade and get over it. 

The playing surface at Arlington is fine. It is a smaller venue but what other choice does Cathedral have? It's where they play their home games. 

Tech is at Kokomo that week. Played there plenty of times in the past , I have 0 dog in this fight just saying I think a game of that magnitude deserves a little bit better and more accommodating stage to all involved. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Tech is at Kokomo that week. Played there plenty of times in the past , I have 0 dog in this fight just saying I think a game of that magnitude deserves a little bit better and more accommodating stage to all involved. 

I agree, Tech has a phenomenal facility. Not sure it is an option to Cathedral anymore.

Just thought it was ironic for a Roncalli fan of all people to chime in. Roncalli dropped Cathedral after a few drubbings awhile back and now wants to dictate where Cathedral hosts a game? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I agree, Tech has a phenomenal facility. Not sure it is an option to Cathedral anymore.

Just thought it was ironic for a Roncalli fan of all people to chime in. Roncalli dropped Cathedral after a few drubbings awhile back and now wants to dictate where Cathedral hosts a game? 

Interesting seems like a lose / lose if I was Tech I would want a game there every weekend I wasn't at home. I'm sure logistics have something to do with it to which I'm clueless. Just seems like a waste . 

28 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think you need a dictionary.... what is actually ironic is that Cathedral in all their self described greatness doesn't even have a field.  Your comment is laughable. LOL. 

16 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

I think you need a dictionary.... what is actually ironic is that Cathedral in all their self described greatness doesn't even have a field.  Your comment is laughable. LOL. 

They have a field that they pay to service and maintain professionally. It's located at Arlington, hence why the game is being played there.

Try again. 

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Phenomenal? Not sure I would call Tech phenomenal. It’s solid. The pressbox looks like middle school and there are trees growing on top of it. Lots of seats and a nice field service but I’ve seen players walk a long distance to the lockeroom and I’ve heard stories about the awful small outdated pressbox. There are many stadiums I would put first before I call tech phenomenal.

20 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Phenomenal? Not sure I would call Tech phenomenal. It’s solid. The pressbox looks like middle school and there are trees growing on top of it. Lots of seats and a nice field service but I’ve seen players walk a long distance to the lockeroom and I’ve heard stories about the awful small outdated pressbox. There are many stadiums I would put first before I call tech phenomenal.

I think Tech has one of the best atmospheres in the city. Very, very cool stadium on a very nice campus that has an extremely old school feel. Playing surface is fine and there is more than adequate seating on both sides. As a fan, not to concerned with the locker rooms or press box, just there to watch football and Tech is a great place to do it. 

I thought this would be a topic sometime later, but not too surprised it was brought up at all.  There's nothing wrong with the Arlington facility and if there's not enough parking, try getting there early.  I've not had any problem with handicap parking the the last three years the Irish have chosen to claim it as their "home."

His comment of crappy grass field is the laughable thing. Not every team is capable of affording and playing on the luxurious turf fields of today. Not every grass field is crappy either. As far as a game of this magnitude, whats to say either team has anyone important even playing in this game.  Bragging rights? I dont think CG even cares. If all play, this will be the closest game they will have played, but with the grind that CG will have gone through, they might just sit players to have 2 weeks of rest before the season that actually counts in Indiana starts. Cathedral might do the same with sitting players. Who knows.

But to complain about ACTUALLY having to play on a Grass field. Get over yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

His comment of crappy grass field is the laughable thing. Not every team is capable of affording and playing on the luxurious turf fields of today. Not every grass field is crappy either. As far as a game of this magnitude, whats to say either team has anyone important even playing in this game.  Bragging rights? I dont think CG even cares. If all play, this will be the closest game they will have played, but with the grind that CG will have gone through, they might just sit players to have 2 weeks of rest before the season that actually counts in Indiana starts. Cathedral might do the same with sitting players. Who knows.

But to complain about ACTUALLY having to play on a Grass field. Get over yourself.

Nobody is going to be sitting any players in this game as has been the case the last 6-7 (or however many) meetings that have all been classics aside from the one CG blowout. This is a huge game for both teams and for the second year in a row will be the marquee game in Indiana by a large magnitude.

Agree with everything else though, playing surface won't have an effect on the game as both teams are playing on the same surface and the field is well-kept anyway. Should be another classic. 

17 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Yes. Game scheduled for Arlington. Center Grove is starting to sound like the new Carmel. Pampered. We'll still serve you caviar, but wear your flak jacket. 

To be fair, it was a Roncalli fan who started the post.

Cathedral may not have their own home field on campus, but they ought to rename Roncalli's stadium "Cathedral South" as the Irish haven't lost there since 05. 

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

To be fair, it was a Roncalli fan who started the post.

Cathedral may not have their own home field on campus, but they ought to rename Roncalli's stadium "Cathedral South" as the Irish haven't lost there since 05. 

May be a Roncalli fan but it's a CG parent 👀

7 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Yes. Game scheduled for Arlington. Center Grove is starting to sound like the new Carmel. Pampered. We'll still serve you caviar, but wear your flak jacket. 

You may want to reread the original post…..unless I’ve mistaken the motive for your post….

Good grief there are already multiple threads on this form regarding the rationale about Cathedral playing homes games at Arlington this year and for the foreseeable future.  I am sure as the game date gets closer this thread will blow up even more.  But for the record, there is a massive parking area/lot in a strip mall that is a 5-7 minute walk to stadium.  The grass field is so good it looks like turf.  And the venue can hold probably around 7,000 fully packed not including SRO along the fence line, and if needed they can bring in temp. bleachers for the east end-zone.

Checking in to the game does SUCK, there is only one stadium entrance and there was still a long line at the end of the first quarter of the Chatard game two weeks ago.  Just get there early.  I would also imagine game time might be moved back to 730PM for that reason.

• Like 1