Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

South Adams vs Monroe Central

This could be an interesting game with the injuries SA has. Will the Starfires be looking ahead to the next week vs AC? MC played them pretty tough in the regular season last year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southend said:

Yes an over looked mega contest for adams county football

All eyes will be on Adams County next week when the Jets host the Starfires for what should be the ACAC crown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Maybe he was at the game?

I assumed that. What I’m looking for are examples of whatever it was that caused him to come to that conclusion. Many times I have found that when you probe to get at the underlying facts, there are misconceptions about the rules or mechanics, and people can be educated.

43 minutes ago, Bobref said:

And what exactly makes you say this?

I’m talking plays gaining 8 yards on 1st and 10 getting a first down, obvious plays short of the marker getting a call for chains while obvious 1st downs being called short and a coach having to beg for a measurement. Players getting tackled at the 35, ball spotted on the 33. We had a play get a do-over cause they weren’t sure if they blew forward progress down or not. And that play went for a touchdown against South Adams, and I think they actually got it right not blowing it dead, but they re-played the down anyway. I can’t complain much on penalties, they’re always iffy any crew. But the stuff that’s not judgement calls was brutal. 

And this didn’t cost SA the game at all, Monroe Central is the better team right now. It was just brutal. 

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I assumed that. What I’m looking for are examples of whatever it was that caused him to come to that conclusion. Many times I have found that when you probe to get at the underlying facts, there are misconceptions about the rules or mechanics, and people can be educated.

Probably going to see more mistakes made at the high school level than you would at the college level or the NFL? Kudos to these guys for doing a thankless job. But they aren't exactly the best of the best. And nor should they be on their pay scale. Doing a fine job nonetheless.

One thing I see quite a bit, especially at the high school level, is a penalty thrown on one side of the field while the action is on the other. The flag shouldn't be thrown if it doesn't impact the play?

Watched the end of the game, so I can't verify much other than the odd replay the down. However any time I've watched the Jets play anywhere near Muncie or Anderson areas, I've never been to impressed with the crews. With low officiating numbers you just have to live with it when you play in basketball country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

One thing I see quite a bit, especially at the high school level, is a penalty thrown on one side of the field while the action is on the other. The flag shouldn't be thrown if it doesn't impact the play?

Depends on the foul being called.

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Probably going to see more mistakes made at the high school level than you would at the college level or the NFL? Kudos to these guys for doing a thankless job. But they aren't exactly the best of the best. And nor should they be on their pay scale. Doing a fine job nonetheless.

This is a given, mistakes at he high school level. But the game is of no consequence. The season starts when the regular season is over. That’s why I like indiana tournament. 

12 minutes ago, southend said:

But the game is of no consequence. The season starts when the regular season is over. That’s why I like indiana tournament. 

Can you actually stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself say this with a straight face? Do you not see how this stunts the potential of high school football in Indiana?

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Can you actually stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself say this with a straight face? Do you not see how this stunts the potential of high school football in Indiana?

Being a state line guy, I'll take Indiana's all in over Ohio's system every day. There are bottom feeders in the MAC that never make the playoffs that are better than teams that advance deep in the tournament. Last year Parkway won a playoff game with the all in format  They were really bad, but better than one opponent. Ohio gets it right by seeding it. Heck Ohio is getting closer to an all in with 16 teams making it in all regions. At this point just create an 8th division and go all in. 

Edited by Basementbias
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Seems it’s gotten better as the years have gone on. Evidence of the amount of recruiting of our students from all the major conferences. Way better every year. What are you talking about?

19 minutes ago, southend said:

Seems it’s gotten better as the years have gone on. Evidence of the amount of recruiting of our students from all the major conferences. Way better every year. What are you talking about?

Try and find some other level of football, or any sport, where the exhibition season is 150% as long as the longest possible “real” season.