Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NRA convention expected to draw 80,000 to Indy

Muda69

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/03/nra-convention-expected-draw-80-000-indy/3344618002/

The National Rifle Association expects to draw up to 80,000 members later this month to Indianapolis for its annual convention, billed as "15 acres of guns and gear."

"It's an economic win when we host the NRA and it's a win for the tourism workforce," said Chris Gahl, senior vice president of marketing and communications at Visit Indy.  

The NRA's 148th annual convention will be April 26-28 at the Indiana Convention Center. Tourism officials expect all of those gun enthusiasts to spend $35.3 million on hotels, restaurants, bars and other amenities.

The convention, which includes more than 800 exhibitors, will be set up throughout the 1.2 million-square foot convention center and Lucas Oil Stadium. 

The event also attracts local and national politicians, country music stars, celebrity gun-rights activists, professional hunters as well as protesters critical of the group's avid defense of gun-rights laws.

Who is going?

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not a member. No desire to go. I'll be honest I just don't do well around large groups of people. And I'm not really a fan of politicians or country music. 

Amen!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I probably will go.....definitely a member.  Might just walk the expo.

IO, open yourself of to some country brother.....

I wonder if David Hogg will be there to thank NRA execs....for helping him gain admittance to Harvard with a sh*t SAT score.

Negative Ghostrider.

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not a member. No desire to go. I'll be honest I just don't do well around large groups of people. And I'm not really a fan of politicians or country music. 

Image result for it's too peopley outside meme

• Thanks 1