Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Field goal record

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

No problem…saw the Eastbrook kicker back in week 2…he does have a strong leg. Congrats on that kick.

Also…the longest post season FG was a 48 yarder by Trinity Hines Ben Davis HS 1991. 

No, several kicks have beaten that in the post season

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I got it from the IHSAA site…..it could be the longest in the finals? 

There are two field goals longer than that in the finals that i know of and in one year the westfield kicker hit 3 longer than that in the playoffs including the state finals...

1 minute ago, Brettlow said:

There are two field goals longer than that in the finals that i know of and in one year the westfield kicker hit 3 longer than that in the playoffs including the state finals...

Yep…corrected myself in the previous post…thanks…should have taken more time in my search.

1 minute ago, Brettlow said:

I think the Westfield JV kicker hit a 47-yarder ... I think that was the length ... just a couple of weeks ago to give them a 1-point win over Harrison.

Just now, foxbat said:

I think the Westfield JV kicker hit a 47-yarder ... I think that was the length ... just a couple of weeks ago to give them a 1-point win over Harrison.

Yes, He is good!

6 hours ago, panther10 said:

It’s awesome that Indiana has had these awesome kickers. Does anybody know if they went on to D1 to kick or even professional?

Morten Anderson has to be the most accomplished but he was a foreign exchange student if I recall correctly.

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

I believe it was

We had a game in 2007, Where a 1-8 Columbia City squad beat a 6-3 East Noble team that was prepped to play Bishop Dwenger the next week, by a 52 yard FG at the final buzzer, in the 1st Round. 

So I am positive that 48 yards isn't the "record" for post season.  You could have heard a in pin drop when it went through the uprights!   

• Like 1