Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 15

Way to early for sectional threads . But it always seem to come fast . Castle is the reigning champ 🏆  and has another good team this year . So I give them the nod until someone knocks them off. Last year bhss had 7 starters held out for covid and lost 28 to 0 at castle. Bhsn has lost 2 years straight to castle . E north ..... hmm I think they are quality but probably the last team anyone would pick To win  this sectional.  

It's a toss up between bhsn castle and bhss in my opinion at this point In season. I haven't seen the  progression I wanted to see from bhss so I look at it like an even field. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well it never fails every year bhss has played castle in the tourney it has been at castle this will be the 6th tournament game between the two, 7th overall match-up.  Bhss leads the series 4-2. Most recently last season castle defeated bhss however bhss had 7 or so starters out with covid.  Credit south coach Gabe Johnson for still playing the game when he could have canceled. Fair to say most likely the winner of the castle bhss game in all likelyhood wins this sectional.  I'll have to wait to see how south and castle fare in their last regular season game to make a prediction....

image.png.9d41aa2a5c85dfed423fb74d6c51dc0d.png

34 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Well it never fails every year bhss has played castle in the tourney it has been at castle this will be the 6th tournament game between the two, 7th overall match-up.  Bhss leads the series 4-2. Most recently last season castle defeated bhss however bhss had 7 or so starters out with covid.  Credit south coach Gabe Johnson for still playing the game when he could have canceled. Fair to say most likely the winner of the castle bhss game in all likelyhood wins this sectional.  I'll have to wait to see how south and castle fare in their last regular season game to make a prediction....

And also this year, HC Johnson will have the McCullough Brothers at his side. It’s going to be a tough game for Castle, but they sure are fortunate it is a home game.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

image.png.9d41aa2a5c85dfed423fb74d6c51dc0d.png

And also this year, HC Johnson will have the McCullough Brothers at his side. It’s going to be a tough game for Castle, but they sure are fortunate it is a home game.

I remember well how much bhss was hyped to win the  2015 regional almost everyone picked bhss and they were drilled by castle  . Castle are the reigning Champs regardless of bhss and their covid issue last year . The mccoulliugh bros, ehh well ill certainly tip.my hat to dasan the senior older brother he is legit legit good/great. I have felt like without him south would just have a so so defense.  His brother has been pretty quiet to be honest and our secondary has had some big breakdowns this season . Maybe his brother doesn't like the scheme south runs because it hasn't worked out well this year so far in our secondary.  They will need to get it together for their sectional match-up with castle . No time to waste here. 

3 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I remember well how much bhss was hyped to win the  2015 regional almost everyone picked bhss and they were drilled by castle  . Castle are the reigning Champs regardless of bhss and their covid issue last year . The mccoulliugh bros, ehh well ill certainly tip.my hat to dasan the senior older brother he is legit legit good/great. I have felt like without him south would just have a so so defense.  His brother has been pretty quiet to be honest and our secondary has had some big breakdowns this season . Maybe his brother doesn't like the scheme south runs because it hasn't worked out well this year so far in our secondary.  They will need to get it together for their sectional match-up with castle . No time to waste here. 

Can’t wait for the matchup! Tons of great athletes on both sides, don’t know much about BHSS, other than the McCullough Brothers and being ranked in the top 5 in 5A

• Like 1

First I'll say that I do not agree with these sectional 15 projections which don't figure in how teams are currently playing and can't calculate progress or momentum. As well as the southwestern portion of the state that doesn't play much of the rest of the state not getting a good barometer on their true sagarin rating. 

Bhss with 36% 

Bhsn with 33% 

Castle with 21%

And finally E . North with 8% 

My projection Would probably favor castle to Win it with with the rest of the teams evenly matched.  Bhss has if anything made the opposite of progress this year. Injuries and game cancelation left the Panthers heading the opposite direction.  Seems as if all the other teams are coming in with momentum from good season ending wins. We have two weeks to see which team can put together the needed work to win this thing.  May the best team win .

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

@TigerFan20 will there be any video stream of the castle bloomington south game from s.west indiana media sources or the school itself that you are aware of? 

It appears not, since nothing isn’t showing on the IHSAA Champions Network. I know Castle/North do not live stream their games, no idea on the Bloomington Schools

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

It appears not, since nothing isn’t showing on the IHSAA Champions Network. I know Castle/North do not live stream their games, no idea on the Bloomington Schools

I've had it with bloomington media.  Pretty sure neither btown school streams. How would i find out which radio station from down yonder will be carrying the game if any? 

16 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Latest sectional projection has castle favored over the second place Panthers by 20 percentage points. I think they should be but 20.% seems a tad high. http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/pix.htm#loaded

BHSS seems to be struggling these last 2 games from what I have seen. Also add that weather will be a factor in this game too, and we all know what happened 2 weeks go. Castle going into sectionals with momentum, BHSS trying to find a way to win, personally, this game maybe close

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

BHSS seems to be struggling these last 2 games from what I have seen. Also add that weather will be a factor in this game too, and we all know what happened 2 weeks go. Castle going into sectionals with momentum, BHSS trying to find a way to win, personally, this game maybe close

No doubt the Panthers wheels have fallen off. Not sure if they can turn this around . But the other three teams in this sectional all won their final season game. Granted they werent playing indy chatard who would have beaten them all.  That being said the Panthers showed virtually no life in their game with chatard. I wanted to see more enthusiasm.  Chatard is a better outfit than most but south is a 5a school that has a few d1 caliber kids and a lot of history there. Should have been a more competitive game. Also I remember last year the pregame article for bhss Castle mentioned that south coach and castles coach had some sort of history. Maybe they played together in high school or college can't remember ill see if I can dig that up....  still think it's odd south is at castle for the tourney game . This is the 5th time they will have met in the tourney . Every game has been at castle .  Im debating on driving down. 

5 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

No doubt the Panthers wheels have fallen off. Not sure if they can turn this around . But the other three teams in this sectional all won their final season game. Granted they werent playing indy chatard who would have beaten them all.  That being said the Panthers showed virtually no life in their game with chatard. I wanted to see more enthusiasm.  Chatard is a better outfit than most but south is a 5a school that has a few d1 caliber kids and a lot of history there. Should have been a more competitive game. Also I remember last year the pregame article for bhss Castle mentioned that south coach and castles coach had some sort of history. Maybe they played together in high school or college can't remember ill see if I can dig that up....  still think it's odd south is at castle for the tourney game . This is the 5th time they will have met in the tourney . Every game has been at castle .  Im debating on driving down. 

If you drive down, bring a rain jacket and hope that BHSS won't be fumbling the ball inside your own 20. But it should be a great game to watch, to bad it won't be livestreamed unfortunately. 

Was going to book a campsite in Warrick Co. But they are booked up . It's the last weekend they are open . Wanted the closest site to castle high so I  would t have to drive through city traffic late at night. Chances are I'll just catch the radio. The two head coaches played together at indiana state. https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2020/10/29/castle-bloomington-south-head-coaches-were-indiana-state-teammates/3753576001/

Edited by MuleDriver
Grammar

5 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Was going to book a campsite in Warrick Co. But they are booked up . It's that also weekend they are open . Wanted the closest site to castle high so I  would t have to drive through city traffic late at night. Chances are I'll just catch the radio. I hurts the two head coaches played together at indiana state. https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2020/10/29/castle-bloomington-south-head-coaches-were-indiana-state-teammates/3753576001/

Best time is too leave probably around 3:30/4:00 pm ET, since the game is at 7:30 pm ET, and get something nice to eat near Castle, tons of great restaurants to get a meal an hour before go. 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, MuleDriver said:

I've had it with bloomington media.  Pretty sure neither btown school streams. How would i find out which radio station from down yonder will be carrying the game if any? 

You may have already seen it, but the HTO indicated in their game capsule today that WGCL will be covering the South/Castle game, with WVNI covering the Evans. North/North game.

• Like 1

I’m interested to see how BHSS Offensive does against this Castle Defense tomorrow night. Outside of the Chatard and CN game, BHSS has done well offensively averaging nearly 410 yards per game. Hogue looks pretty good at RB and plenty of receivers to choose from by QB Zach David. Defensively, they give up a good amount of points too as it appears.

I have not paid a lot of close attention to Castle, but I noticed that the C&P mentioned how their running game has fallen off this year.

Castle seemed to have a lot of problems moving the ball against MD, with turnovers scoring one and setting up the 2nd touchdowns.  They could not do anything in overtime.

MD is a pretty solid defensive team.  Do they have two D1 kids on their D?  I would guess not.

Though BS seems to be allowing a fair ammount of points.

37 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

but I noticed that the C&P mentioned how their running game has fallen off this year.

That is true, even though we lost to them, their running game was pretty much non existent against us. I believe they only had around 60 rushing yards the entire game. They will be passing a lot more, unless a team’s rush D isn’t that good.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:51 PM, TigerFan20 said:

I’m interested to see how BHSS Offensive does against this Castle Defense tomorrow night. 

Well a nice win for South on the road. Had south converted more of those red zone drives into td's would have been  nice. Castle d was good in the red zone. South coach mentioned getting td's instead of fg's while in the redzone  in the pregame interview.  Failed in that respect but still got a w. Last I saw was bhsn 35 e north 24.. looks like a bloomington finale.  South will have to convert the redzone trips next week if they expect to win. Bhsn is playing better down the stretch.  

46 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Well a nice win for South on the road. Had south converted more of those red zone drives into td's would have been  nice. Castle d was good in the red zone. South coach mentioned getting td's instead of fg's while in the redzone  in the pregame interview.  Failed in that respect but still got a w. Last I saw was bhsn 35 e north 24.. looks like a bloomington finale.  South will have to convert the redzone trips next week if they expect to win. Bhsn is playing better down the stretch.  

Yes, North won by the skin of their teeth, 35-30, when the Huskies QB was ruled that he stepped out at the 3 or 4 yard line after diving into the end zone on the final play of the game. North plays at South next week. Something happened to Cooper Fox that knocked him out of tonight's game in the first half, and he has been a pretty reliable receiver for South this season, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. However, when you can't return to the game, it makes you wonder if he will be available next week. 

Edited by ptr