Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 15

36 minutes ago, ptr said:

Yes, North won by the skin of their teeth, 35-30, when the Huskies QB was ruled that he stepped out at the 3 or 4 yard line after diving into the end zone on the final play of the game. North plays at South next week. Something happened to Cooper Fox that knocked him out of tonight's game in the first half, and he has been a pretty reliable receiver for South this season, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. However, when you can't return to the game, it makes you wonder if he will be available next week. 

Yeah so if he doesn't return that makes him and wr matthew griffin an athletic 6 ft. 180 sr. (scored a long td reception Vs. bhsn in week four)    that played in the first meeting that won't be playing in the sectional final rematch. Hard to say but I would think bhsn may have improved slightly more than bhss but that's hard to prove. Winning at castle was a mild surprise for South in my opinion. I didn't  know what to expect. Unsure if south has any more injuries to note . But those receivers have been key to their offensive production this season. Given the Panthers won by 14 week 4 . And with those losses I would probably have this as a toss up or very very slightly favor bhss maybe 1 point in ot or something.  I did read that bhsn's season goal was to win the sectional since they fell short in recent seasons.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that either.  

Edited by MuleDriver
Edit

41 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I think I’ll take BHSS in this one, dominated an solid Castle team and it’s a home game too

Not sure they dominated castle. The knights had a solid chance to win that game at the end. Castle was great defensively in the red zone also had the punt block for a td. 

2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Not sure they dominated castle. The knights had a solid chance to win that game at the end. Castle was great defensively in the red zone also had the punt block for a td. 

I just highlights of the game and it just seemed BHSS had the upper hand, I guess not. Did you end up at the game?

7 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Adding on to that, it looked like BHSS held Castle to 180 yards of offense too

Defensively south had the upper hand over the castle o. But the castle d was Solid vs. The Panthers. Nah I didn't make it down....listened to the castle radio broadcasters tho. Sounded like a couple geeks , which is OK sports nerds and geeks are knowledgeable.  

Anyone know when the sectional realignment and class realignment is scheduled to happen next? Be nice if south didn't have to drive to castle high again for a tourney game 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:27 PM, MuleDriver said:

Defensively south had the upper hand over the castle o. But the castle d was Solid vs. The Panthers. Nah I didn't make it down....listened to the castle radio broadcasters tho. Sounded like a couple geeks , which is OK sports nerds and geeks are knowledgeable.  

Anyone know when the sectional realignment and class realignment is scheduled to happen next? Be nice if south didn't have to drive to castle high again for a tourney game 

The new enrollments figures and class realignments, etc., were supposed to be done this past spring, but because the enrollment figures were unreliable last school year because of covid, it was postponed to this next spring. I guess you saw that Cooper Fox will probably be available tonight which is important to South's offense. They said he left the Castle game in the first half and didn't return after experiencing dizziness for whatever reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

BHSS opens up as an 8.5 point favorite  against BHSN on Massey Ratings 

I saw a stat that of the nine playoff meetings between the two schools, only once has the regular season game result been reversed. With South winning the regular season game, 28-14, that stat favors the Panthers to come out on top tonight. 

1 hour ago, ptr said:

I saw a stat that of the nine playoff meetings between the two schools, only once has the regular season game result been reversed. With South winning the regular season game, 28-14, that stat favors the Panthers to come out on top tonight. 

I'll  say south by 4. Supposedly the ihsaa is wecasting it https://twitter.com/BHSS_Athletics/status/1456633336865112074?t=WcR_Ce2du3hJOz-Ur5nQqg&s=19

25 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

@ptr apparently the north running back is out as well as some shift in norths online https://twitter.com/JimGordillo/status/1456749361065496583?t=u_CzBrYCEXmGS1EDUMTKWQ&s=19

Yes, I just saw that. That's a HUGE loss for North. I didn't see any reason for him being out. Chances of a South win just went up quite a bit.

51 minutes ago, ptr said:

Yes, I just saw that. That's a HUGE loss for North. I didn't see any reason for him being out. Chances of a South win just went up quite a bit.

South up 14-7 , sound like a sub par performance for south according to the announcers anyways. North is playing well to stay in this one . Seymour leads new albany the Panthers haven't played Seymour since the early 90s. 

25 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

South up 14-7 , sound like a sub par performance for south according to the announcers anyways. North is playing well to stay in this one . Seymour leads new albany the Panthers haven't played Seymour since the early 90s. 

South has 243 yards of total offense in the 1st half to 156 yards for North. A big chunk of North's yardage came on the opening drive of the game when they marched right down the field testing our weak secondary. South has dominated the time of possession in this game but have only a four point lead. It hurt when they had that drive die at the North 15 yard line on downs. BTW, I'm rooting for Seymour since it would be nice to play them again after not playing them for a lot of years, assuming we can put this game away.

Edited by ptr

2 minutes ago, ptr said:

South has 243 yards of total offense in the 1st half to 156 yards for North. A big chunk of North's yardage came on the opening game of the game when they marched right down the field testing our weak secondary. South has dominated the time of possession in this game but have only a four point lead. It hurt when they had that drive die at the North 15 yard line on downs. 

Yeah South is sort of caught like a deer in headlights they are really off 😳.  Keep playing defense and don't turn the ball over and the Panthers should win. 

11 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Qb and center for Panthers got injured. Bhsn played their best game . I think south should beat na next week but it will most likely be a closer ball game than the 50-20 score south won by week1

Cathedral-BHSS would be a fun game if BHSS gets by NA