Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 6

Alexandria at Eastbrook 

Homecoming for the Panthers, players will be hyped up and the cow bells will be all shined up ready for the big night.  Too bad Alex will be the 3rd wheel this night.  Alex has put up big points in every game, don't see that happening against the defense of the Panthers.  Running clock streak extended...

Blackford at Elwood

Might be the closest game of the night.  Going with Blackford by 10. 

Frankton at Mississinewa

Ole Miss offense seems to be coming together, will get out of hand quickly.  Ole Miss by as much as they want.

Madison-Grant at Oak Hill

County rivals, Oak Hill wins easily.

• Thanks 1

Eastbrook big in this one! Alex's offense will put up 12-14 but cannot stop anyone on defense it will show this Friday!

Blackford wins by 2 scores! Elwood showed some heart against Alex. Just no talent. Blackford lot of Ironman football.

Ole Miss wins this one by 4 scores. Starting to figure it out! Frankton will put up some points.

Oak Hill in a 3 score game. Will be closer than that early but they pull away late!

Good luck!

I know that Blackford lost their 1st or 2nd best player in Bryan hernandez.  Kid is a beast but heard he has a long road ahead possibly!  Heard broken ribs and a possible punctured lung! Blackford is already in a bad state this will hit huge!

On 9/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Troll

Um.  I'm not the bad guy here.  I'm just curious how long they're going to be without those players.  I certainly have my opinion but am interested to see how Coach Adamson handles this.    Will it just be a token, one-or-two-game suspension or will it be taken seriously?  

2 hours ago, XStar said:

Um.  I'm not the bad guy here.  I'm just curious how long they're going to be without those players.  I certainly have my opinion but am interested to see how Coach Adamson handles this.    Will it just be a token, one-or-two-game suspension or will it be taken seriously?  

Again, TROLL!!

• Disdain 1

16 minutes ago, XStar said:

Again, I haven't done anything.  I think it says something that you're focusing on me here.  Kind of explains the problem actually.  

Is this your attempt to talk about CIC football, or to prosecute teenagers or a coach, who you would have people believe is corrupt or criminal?  I question your motives with comments like this and others you’ve made in the past.

• Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Is this your attempt to talk about CIC football, or to prosecute teenagers or a coach, who you would have people believe is corrupt or criminal?  I question your motives with comments like this and others you’ve made in the past.

I'm just trying to figure out when Eastbrook will have all their players back.  An Eastbrook fan said they would be shorthanded last week.  I don't know all the details and I have no authority to "prosecute" anyone.  I think if Eastbrook has all their players, this game will end up with a running clock.  If not, maybe Alexandria can pull the upset.  

14 minutes ago, XStar said:

I'm just trying to figure out when Eastbrook will have all their players back.  An Eastbrook fan said they would be shorthanded last week.  I don't know all the details and I have no authority to "prosecute" anyone.  I think if Eastbrook has all their players, this game will end up with a running clock.  If not, maybe Alexandria can pull the upset.  

Running clock no matter what.  I’m sure that’s what you meant.

8 hours ago, XStar said:

The only "punishment" that we are talking about is the public punishment that we see as fans, missing a game.  There could be several levels of "punishment" to the players\students involved that we don't see or hear about, i.e., community work, fixing whatever they had done, formal apologies to whomever may have been affected by their actions, list can go on and on. I'm sure the coaching staff took this seriously as I'm sure the school itself did as well.  Just because they may be back on the field this week does not mean that the repercussions for their actions have ended.  

As far as being at full strength, guess we'll find out tomorrow night.  Running clock either way.  Streak continues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djbowzz said:

The only "punishment" that we are talking about is the public punishment that we see as fans, missing a game.  There could be several levels of "punishment" to the players\students involved that we don't see or hear about, i.e., community work, fixing whatever they had done, formal apologies to whomever may have been affected by their actions, list can go on and on. I'm sure the coaching staff took this seriously as I'm sure the school itself did as well.  Just because they may be back on the field this week does not mean that the repercussions for their actions have ended.  

As far as being at full strength, guess we'll find out tomorrow night.  Running clock either way.  Streak continues.

Interesting theory.  I had this same conversation earlier this week with a Purdue basketball fan after it was learned that Mason Gillis was only getting a 4 game suspension to start this upcoming college basketball season for a drunk driving incident this summer.  4 games (6 if you count 2 exhibition games which I don't) seemed light to me given the severity of his actions but they argued that we don't know what Coach Painter required of him off the court.  Personally, I think nothing hammers home the point to a player like missing games.  To his credit, Painter did suspend Gillis long enough that he would at least miss one real game on their schedule (North Carolina) but I'd have liked to have seen it be more in the 8-10 games range.  At least it was a bit better than going through the charade of suspending him right up until you have to play a meaningful game.  But when a player does something like Gillis did that shows a blatant disregard for other people, I believe serious consequences are justified.  

3 hours ago, XStar said:

Interesting theory.  I had this same conversation earlier this week with a Purdue basketball fan after it was learned that Mason Gillis was only getting a 4 game suspension to start this upcoming college basketball season for a drunk driving incident this summer.  4 games (6 if you count 2 exhibition games which I don't) seemed light to me given the severity of his actions but they argued that we don't know what Coach Painter required of him off the court.  Personally, I think nothing hammers home the point to a player like missing games.  To his credit, Painter did suspend Gillis long enough that he would at least miss one real game on their schedule (North Carolina) but I'd have liked to have seen it be more in the 8-10 games range.  At least it was a bit better than going through the charade of suspending him right up until you have to play a meaningful game.  But when a player does something like Gillis did that shows a blatant disregard for other people, I believe serious consequences are justified.  

Seems to me like you’re a little more invested in this incident than you’re letting on.  First you were innocently inquiring about the availability of a few players, as if the game would be more competitive.  Now you’re holding public court on these boys and the coach.  Seems a little trollish to me.  Go find another sandbox to play in.

2 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Seems to me like you’re a little more invested in this incident than you’re letting on.  First you were innocently inquiring about the availability of a few players, as if the game would be more competitive.  Now you’re holding public court on these boys and the coach.  Seems a little trollish to me.  Go find another sandbox to play in.

Since when does Mason Gillis play Eastbrook football?  When did Eastbrook hire Matt Painter as their football coach?

Edited by XStar

1 minute ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Are you asking me why I didn’t take something to someone?

Yes, in a personal message to @XStar. Resolve your issues there. Especially now that we know the players will be on the field Friday. That was the intitial question and it was finally answered by @eastbrookuser16.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yes, in a personal message to @XStar. Resolve your issues there. Especially now that we know the players will be on the field Friday. That was the intitial question and it was finally answered by @eastbrookuser16.

More of that fatherly wisdom.  (Unsolicited, of coarse).  Just don’t try to tear down players or coaches and it’ll be fine.