Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #6

Can you believe that we are half way through the regular season schedule?  While most of the teams in the HNAC have only played a handful of conference games so far we are starting to see North Judson, Pioneer, and Winamac begin to separate themselves from the rest of the conference pack.  I am interested to see how LaVille rallies and finishes the season in preparation for a tough sectional which includes Bremen and Pioneer.  We have some great non-conference and conference matchups this week.  It would be really nice to see every team in the conference play this week, but I am not going to hold my breath.  

Caston @ North White-  North White has had issues with Covid this season; who hasn't?  Caston has had issues when teams are able to shutdown Hickle and Smith.  I think Smith explodes this week for a couple hundred on the ground and a few touchdowns.  Caston by 14.

Triton @ Pioneer-  Pioneer is back at it again.  Triton will have a long night.  Pioneer by 21.

Culver @ Winamac-  Winamac hasn't played in weeks, but lots of practice in the meantime.  If the game is played I have Winamac by 28.  If it's not played then Covid by 19.  

Knox @ LaVille-  LaVille will have the size advantage and it's not even close.  Knox will need Watson to be a magician at QB to pull this off.  LaVille by 21.

North Judson @ CMA-  North Judson comes off a loss to a tough and undefeated Tippy Valley team on short notice.  It didn't end the way the Jays would have liked, but come playoff time facing stiff competition will pay off for the Bluejays.  CMA has lost to some really tough teams this season.  CMA can throw the ball around and they have size and speed where it matters.  It was a close game last year at Liberty field.  I think we are in for another tough game this week.  Judson by 3.  

Caston over North white

Pioneer over Triton

Winamac over Culver... if they decide they have the right guys to compete this week...

Laville over Knox

CMA over Judson- Kudos to Judson for reaching out and scheduling an opponent to play last Friday. Heard they were reaching out to schools in Illinois so they could play.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Can you believe that we are half way through the regular season schedule?  While most of the teams in the HNAC have only played a handful of conference games so far we are starting to see North Judson, Pioneer, and Winamac begin to separate themselves from the rest of the conference pack.  I am interested to see how LaVille rallies and finishes the season in preparation for a tough sectional which includes Bremen and Pioneer.  We have some great non-conference and conference matchups this week.  It would be really nice to see every team in the conference play this week, but I am not going to hold my breath.  

Caston @ North White-  North White has had issues with Covid this season; who hasn't?  Caston has had issues when teams are able to shutdown Hickle and Smith.  I think Smith explodes this week for a couple hundred on the ground and a few touchdowns.  Caston by 14.

Triton @ Pioneer-  Pioneer is back at it again.  Triton will have a long night.  Pioneer by 21.

Culver @ Winamac-  Winamac hasn't played in weeks, but lots of practice in the meantime.  If the game is played I have Winamac by 28.  If it's not played then Covid by 19.  

Knox @ LaVille-  LaVille will have the size advantage and it's not even close.  Knox will need Watson to be a magician at QB to pull this off.  LaVille by 21.

North Judson @ CMA-  North Judson comes off a loss to a tough and undefeated Tippy Valley team on short notice.  It didn't end the way the Jays would have liked, but come playoff time facing stiff competition will pay off for the Bluejays.  CMA has lost to some really tough teams this season.  CMA can throw the ball around and they have size and speed where it matters.  It was a close game last year at Liberty field.  I think we are in for another tough game this week.  Judson by 3.  

Caston BIG

Pioneer BIG

Winamac Slips by

LaVille continues Radtke's Misery

CMA by a couple scores

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 1:18 PM, Duke of Denham said:

Yep! Hard to believe we are halfway through the 2021 season.

Agreed that NJSP, Pioneer and Winamac beginning to separate themselves from the rest of the HNAC pack.

Pioneer should be 6-2 heading into the final regular season game against NJSP on Oct.15, providing there are no covid setbacks.

Winamac probably going to be 6-0 heading into the final regular season game against Triton on Oct. 15.  Once again without covid.

NJSP still has at Triton, LaVille and at Pioneer to close the season.  The Jays gotta play solid ball and keep things rolling.

I was taking a look at the Sagarin Ratings - Strength of schedule in particular 2A #34.

In reference to your comment about LaVille in sectional play, the Lancers, at least so far, do not have a top tier strength of schedule.

Here is a 2A #34 Strength of Schedule Look:

Manchester 165

Bremen 202

Pioneer 214

Wabash 235

Lewis Cass 236

LaVille 248

Delphi 275

Rochester 294

I got to see the LaVille at Caston game last year.  Comets much-improved.  Had they put the ball in the end zone from the one in the second quarter when LaVille stopped them, that is a different game.  Confidence breaker, score changer for Caston. Go from being even to trailing in about four or five plays.  You could what momentum Caston had from that first drive go right out the window.  It was like watching a balloon deflate!

Caston over Newton

Pioneer over Triton

Winamac over Culver

LaVille over Knox

CMA over NJSP 

What is up with Knox?  Injuries, covid, ???  I saw one post list the QB would have to be a magician.  Hard for one guy to beat a team - that is unless he has a line that will just push the defense into the second stage of the defense and he gains 6-8 yards a carry.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Caston at North White - the comets handle the vikings handily. Caston 42 North White 24

Triton at Pioneer - not sure the status of Pioneers injured backs? I'll take the Panthers at home. Pioneer 28 Triton 6

Culver at Winamac - it's nice to see everyone in weinersmack county survive quarantine and have plenty of time to play this week. Weird. Winamac 28 Culver 22

Knox at Laville - Radke adds another L to the season tonight. Laville will roll. Laville 28 Knox 0

North Judson at CMA - no love for the Bluejays? North Judson 24 CMA 21

• Like 1