Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #6

Rough week last week now brings the Temp to 11-2 in picking MIC vs MIC contests in 2021.

Ben Davis @ Lawrence North:  HUGE trap game for the Giants in my opinion.  I stated in the other thread that last week's DEVASTATING (no other way to put it) home rivalry loss to Warren would be difficult to bounce back from.  They get an LN squad that I have tabbed as "the best of the rest" in terms of the bottom half of the MIC.  This one will be closer than people think but I think the Giants actually close this one out.  30-27 BD.

Center Grove @ Lawrence Central:  The young/JV kids for CG get into the game early once again as LC provides no resistance to the Trojan machine.  Running clock early in this one.  I'll say CG rolls 59-7.

North Central @ Carmel:  Last week proved to me that Carmel is on the rebound after the loss to CG.  They let Pike/LN hang around early before smashing the gas pedal in the second half.  I say they do much of the same this week against a reeling NC squad.  'Hounds roll 45-13.

Pike @ Warren Central:  The third of three potential running clock games this week as the bottom three in the MIC are flat out putrid.  There is no other way to spin it.  Warren's win last week could seriously change the trajectory of their season and I wonder if they have a QB controversy on the east side.  Let's not forget that they scored THIRTY-SIX second half points with their backup QB last week.  WC rolls 52-17.

What say you?

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not that my opinion matters, but feel like this is a pivotal game for Simmons and BD's future. 

At the same time I could be completely way off base. 

Couldn’t agree more.  @BDGiant93’s “no comment” statement in the other thread WAS indeed a comment in and of itself.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Couldn’t agree more.  @BDGiant93’s “no comment” statement in the other thread WAS indeed a comment in and of itself.

We did this earlier in the year. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Jason Simmons is a first-rate human being who cares deeply for his players. I said no comment because I won't comment on issues like these. I think I've been pretty consistent around here over my umpteen years on the board.

2 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

We did this earlier in the year. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Jason Simmons is a first-rate human being who cares deeply for his players. I said no comment because I won't comment on issues like these. I think I've been pretty consistent around here over my umpteen years on the board.

Oh I don’t blame you for taking the high road but the results on the field speak for themselves.  Not saying it’s fair, but plenty of “first-rate human beings who care deeply for their players” end up on the chopping block.

It is just a game played by children, however which is sometimes hard to keep in mind.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I don’t blame you for taking the high road but the results on the field speak for themselves.  Not saying it’s fair, but plenty of “first-rate human beings who care deeply for their players” end up on the chopping block.

It is just a game played by children, however which is sometimes hard to keep in mind.

I'm sure the vast majority of coaches in Indiana are first-rate humans but you're expected to win at a program like Ben Davis and frankly they are blessed year in and year out with some serious talent. 20-21 through 4.5 seasons just doesn't cut it in my opinion. When programs get complacent you see what tends to happen. And not only is BD 20-21 but record against Marquee opponents

Center Grove 0-6

Warren 2-3

Carmel 2-2

Brownsburg 0-4

Avon 1-3

On 9/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

I didn't get to make my predictions last week so here are my Week 6 MIC predictions. Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, and Warren Central 

I was half right on my Week 6 predictions. Ben Davis, you stink. Warren Central is on fire with a five game winning streak after defeating Pike 30-13.

Edited by Warren Central Warrior