Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills player injured in farming accident

I copied this message from facebook.

Amy Hess Tempel is with Paul Tempel.

8tliShoe  · 

Family and friends,
I am sure by now most of you are aware that a member of our small community was injured in a farming accident on Saturday that involved a combine. Blake, the 17-year-old son of Ben and Valerie (Tempel) Duttlinger, sustained serious injury to his left leg after becoming caught up in the machine while working on the family farm. He was transported via LifeFlight to the hospital where he immediately underwent surgery. Blake is currently hospitalized and will remain so for the foreseeable future. He underwent another surgery today and is scheduled for additional surgeries over the coming week. As you can imagine, he and his family have a long, difficult road ahead.
The family is continuing to travel back and forth from their home here in Spencer County to the hospital in Evansville to be at Blake’s bedside.
The Tempel/Duttlinger family has diligently served our community in countless ways for decades. They are the first in line to help others, especially in their hour of need. I believe we, as a community, now have the opportunity to step up and help them in their hour of need. At this time, we can ease their burden by:
First and foremost…Offering prayers for everyone involved - Blake, his parents, his brother, his extended family, and every single person who has had or will have the opportunity to provide care, whether it be medical or spiritual. We should also be mindful of teammates, coaches, and other students who have been emotionally impacted. Blake is a junior at Heritage Hills High School where he is a dedicated member of both the Patriot Wrestling and Football teams.
Second…Assisting the family with gas and meal expenses as they travel back and forth so they can remain at Blake’s side. To ensure the entirety of every donation is received by the family, the following methods for donation are being utilized:
1. Cash
2. Checks* (can be written directly to the family OR to me, Amy Tempel, with the designation “The Duttlinger’s” in the memo line)
3. VenMo to @Amy-Tempel-1
*Checks can be mailed to: Amy Tempel, Re: The Duttlingers, 3805 E CR 2000 N, Dale, IN 47523
Names of individuals, but NOT amount donated, will be provided to the family UNLESS you specifically ask to remain anonymous.
Third, a “meal train” sign up will be coordinated upon Blake’s homecoming. Plans will be made as that date becomes available.
Finally, please be on the lookout for fundraising events being planned in our community. I will do my best to share each of those with you as plans are finalized.
If you have questions, information, or ideas about how we can help the family, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
Thank you in advance for all of the love and support I know you will give The Duttlinger’s. ❤️
Much love and appreciation,
Amy Tempel
812-455-6601
P.S. - Please feel free to share with anyone you think would appreciate the opportunity to bless the family!
  • Sad 2

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Blake looks like he is doing well.

https://www.duboiscountyherald.com/archives/pats-duttlinger-pushes-through-lost-limb/article_ae963019-15ef-585b-83c1-befa8c63ad91.html

Here he is at the Jeffersonville wrestling tournament December 4th. I was surprised he was able to wrestle just 3 months after the accident.

May be an image of 2 people and indoor

That's amazing and so awesome to see. That picture alone says so much about the kid. I've never met him but I can tell you he's a great competitor, a worker and a fighter. He and his family should be very proud of his efforts. 

• Like 4