Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

North Daviess (4-1) at Linton (5-0)


Recommended Posts

This game will be homecoming for the Miner Faithful, and certainly a game North Daviess has circled every year as a barometer for how ND Football is doing.   The Cougars are 4-1  under 4th year Head Coach Brent Fine.   He came in to replace long time coach Scotty Helms, and a program once one of the area's best 1A programs. however, they'd won only 4 games in 3 seasons when Fine was brought it.  He toughed out a 2-8 1st year, and has had immediate impact as the Cougars went 7-4 his 2nd year.  As mentioned they have come into week 6 against the Miners riding on a 4 game win streak.. .and have not allowed a point in their last 3 big wins.  

Linton comes in 5-0, and you gotta go back to 2010 for the last Cougar win in the series... and it was a doozie 73-33 shootout but the worst Miner defeat in a long time.  Linton would score 81 the next year in revenge at the Roy.  The scores have been pretty lop-sided in the past several meetings, and people who thought perhaps the 'trap' game was last week...might be better suited looking into this week's matchup.

Is this Cougar team for real?  Will the Miners be looking ahead at the warriors?  I think with the senior leadership it won't happen.. but these are kids ya know... it's hard to look at recent history and not think...this should be another blow-out... but... you play the games.  ND will have nothing to lose going into this...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

This game will be homecoming for the Miner Faithful, and certainly a game North Daviess has circled every year as a barometer for how ND Football is doing.   The Cougars are 4-1  under 4th year Head Coach Brent Fine.   He came in to replace long time coach Scotty Helms, and a program once one of the area's best 1A programs. however, they'd won only 4 games in 3 seasons when Fine was brought it.  He toughed out a 2-8 1st year, and has had immediate impact as the Cougars went 7-4 his 2nd year.  As mentioned they have come into week 6 against the Miners riding on a 4 game win streak.. .and have not allowed a point in their last 3 big wins.  

Linton comes in 5-0, and you gotta go back to 2010 for the last Cougar win in the series... and it was a doozie 73-33 shootout but the worst Miner defeat in a long time.  Linton would score 81 the next year in revenge at the Roy.  The scores have been pretty lop-sided in the past several meetings, and people who thought perhaps the 'trap' game was last week...might be better suited looking into this week's matchup.

Is this Cougar team for real?  Will the Miners be looking ahead at the warriors?  I think with the senior leadership it won't happen.. but these are kids ya know... it's hard to look at recent history and not think...this should be another blow-out... but... you play the games.  ND will have nothing to lose going into this...  

Well said and thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

This game will be homecoming for the Miner Faithful, and certainly a game North Daviess has circled every year as a barometer for how ND Football is doing.   The Cougars are 4-1  under 4th year Head Coach Brent Fine.   He came in to replace long time coach Scotty Helms, and a program once one of the area's best 1A programs. however, they'd won only 4 games in 3 seasons when Fine was brought it.  He toughed out a 2-8 1st year, and has had immediate impact as the Cougars went 7-4 his 2nd year.  As mentioned they have come into week 6 against the Miners riding on a 4 game win streak.. .and have not allowed a point in their last 3 big wins.  

Linton comes in 5-0, and you gotta go back to 2010 for the last Cougar win in the series... and it was a doozie 73-33 shootout but the worst Miner defeat in a long time.  Linton would score 81 the next year in revenge at the Roy.  The scores have been pretty lop-sided in the past several meetings, and people who thought perhaps the 'trap' game was last week...might be better suited looking into this week's matchup.

Is this Cougar team for real?  Will the Miners be looking ahead at the warriors?  I think with the senior leadership it won't happen.. but these are kids ya know... it's hard to look at recent history and not think...this should be another blow-out... but... you play the games.  ND will have nothing to lose going into this...  

Trent Fine,   TRENT !!!  

Show the man some respect!  This could become bulletin board material....but honestly, I doubt it.   😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG Im serious. Linton needs to make statements closing out. Why? Mater Dei is ranked lower now. Look at the teams they lost too. Good Programs! Linton is not even on their radar for the sectionals. Its just an educated thought/opinion. Why do folks berate guys opinions is another matter I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 6:54 PM, Yuccaguy said:

Trent Fine,   TRENT !!!  

Show the man some respect!  This could become bulletin board material....but honestly, I doubt it.   😏

I certainly respect Coach Fine.  Long time readers of my posts know...my keyboard work produces terrible grammar and mispellings.  This is obviously a case off hitting a B  instead of a T and not proof-readings.  Apologies to anyone offended... but locker room banter??  I hardly think.  They had a lot more to worry about than me making a typing error! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

I certainly respect Coach Fine.  Long time readers of my posts know...my keyboard work produces terrible grammar and mispellings.  This is obviously a case off hitting a B  instead of a T and not proof-readings.  Apologies to anyone offended... but locker room banter??  I hardly think.  They had a lot more to worry about than me making a typing error! 

No problem @Miner_Pride.  Sometimes kind of nice to get in a "sniper shot" in a posting. 

But here's the weird thing about all this....He actually has a TWIN brother named Brent,  GO FIGURE   😜

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

No problem @Miner_Pride.  Sometimes kind of nice to get in a "sniper shot" in a posting. 

But here's the weird thing about all this....He actually has a TWIN brother named Brent,  GO FIGURE   😜

well... there you go... LOL

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...