Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Clemson

BTF

It seems that most sports analysts have all but written off Clemson as a legitimate playoff contender. I feel like I'm missing something here. The Tigers defense has yet to allow an offensive touchdown through three games and that includes the #2 team in the country. All everyone wants to talk about is their stagnant offense. I get it, if you don't score you can't win. But if your opponent can't score, they can't win either. At this point, I think Clemson's chances of making the playoffs are 50/50. But if you listen to what they are saying on TV and radio, it appears to be more like 90/10 against them. Just curious what everyone else thinks on this. 

The new starting quarterback has been average at best, I thought he was Going to be really good replacing Trevor Lawrence and they wouldn’t miss a beat. I don’t see anyone beating them from the ACC so if they finish 12-1 with only loss to Georgia would they make the playoff? Lot of games to play between now and then so we’ll see what happens. 

9 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

The new starting quarterback has been average at best, I thought he was Going to be really good replacing Trevor Lawrence and they wouldn’t miss a beat. I don’t see anyone beating them from the ACC so if they finish 12-1 with only loss to Georgia would they make the playoff? Lot of games to play between now and then so we’ll see what happens. 

and Clemson loses in 2ot to NC State so goes to show what I know haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

and Clemson loses in 2ot to NC State so goes to show what I know haha

I said it in another topic, but it seems like no one wants to be in the top ten.......like kids daring each other

Why don't YOU play Alabama

I don't wanna play them, you play them

Nope, I am not playing them.....hey let's get Mikey

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I don't get what everyone's beef is with Dabo. I'm curious to know though. I think he has better character than Saban.

He’s very much so a “look at me” type of guy who is a fake religious guy.  Just Google it.

Its all a sham.  Google New Spring Church also.  

Dude fools kids, can’t fool adults.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

He’s very much so a “look at me” type of guy who is a fake religious guy.  Just Google it.

He’s such a smarmy, self-righteous, “holier-then-thou” guy. We’ll see how he is if he has a couple of down years.

34 minutes ago, temptation said:

I also remember him going apes**t on his punter for not getting the yards needed for a first down……not just once either; he found the kid multiple times to scream at him. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

And you know his heart how??

I have an uncanny ability to read people, lol.

(No seriously, where there’s smoke there is usually fire.)

Clemson, the SEC and a handful of other programs are some of the worst kept secrets in sports 

Google is your friend.

Edited by temptation

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I have an uncanny ability to read people, lol.

(No seriously, where there’s smoke there is usually fire.)

Clemson, the SEC and a handful of other programs are some of the worst kept secrets in sports 

Google is your friend.

Well if it’s on the internet…..

I don’t know the man…guessing Clemson will be alright…

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Never said they wouldn’t.  Completely different topic than the character of their head coach.

OK,,,not going to argue with you.  You can assess character from your internet sources.  Glad you were able to locate some accurate, non-biased and trustworthy media sources.  I don't always seem to have that luck.

• 11 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, temptation said:

Dabo must have fooled the adults that matter.......

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34548897/clemson-tigers-head-football-coach-dabo-swinney-agrees-new-10-year-115-million-contract