Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. La Salle (Cincinnati) 10/01/2021

This will be a big test for the Irish on Friday in Cincinnati.  La Salle was ranked #4 in Ohio and noticed they lost to Moeller last night 28-14, however Moller is 5-1 and will probably jump into top 5 Ohio rankings next week.  La Salle's other loss was IMG Academy which is irrelevant as any high school team in the Midwest would never have a chance against that team in Florida.

Too bad the game last night did nothing to help the Irish prepare other than the starters were rested mid-way through the second quarter.

Irish 24

La Salle 21

As an avid Cincinnati HS football guy, LaSalle is down. Moeller is ok but mainly their record is because they haven’t played anyone great. Moeller was decimated by St. X last week but who hasn’t been. I see Cathedral winning against LaSalle pretty easily. On another note, can we get St. X and Center Grove to play?

3 hours ago, Raven said:

As an avid Cincinnati HS football guy, LaSalle is down. Moeller is ok but mainly their record is because they haven’t played anyone great. Moeller was decimated by St. X last week but who hasn’t been. I see Cathedral winning against LaSalle pretty easily. On another note, can we get St. X and Center Grove to play?

IMO, it's never easy winning in Cincinnati.😉

And I wish Cathedral continued playing St. X this season.  It's only the 2nd year in more than 20 years that these two haven't met.

21 minutes ago, Jon said:

Nice facilities for a school with a enrolment of 550 students.

La Salle Network Online Radio by LaSalle Broadcasting Network |  BlogTalkRadio

Something tells me you've never stepped foot on Cathedral's campus or else you would let this die.

Cathedral's inability to have an on-site football stadium has only been rehashed on the GID about 30 times. They don't own the surrounding land to put up bleachers and the surrounding landscape doesn't support infrastructure even if they did. That doesn't even account for the local ordinance that prohibits stadium lights due to the surrounding neighborhoods.

And we haven't even discussed the issue of parking. There's not enough parking spaces for all the students who are eligible to drive, let alone 5000 extra people. Cathedral is located on an extremely busy road with no available parking or walking access. 

Get to Arlington early on 10/14 and think before you type next time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw33 said:

74 is open with no construction from Greensburg 

Thanks.  It was construction city around Shelbyville.  I hope it all gets taken care of soon.

FYI, for Indianapolis west side residents, the Dandy Trail bridge over I74 reopened today.  This is big news for us that have been inconvenienced since March.

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

IMO, it's never easy winning in Cincinnati.😉

And I wish Cathedral continued playing St. X this season.  It's only the 2nd year in more than 20 years that these two haven't met.

I agree! Wish they were playing this year. I don’t think the Irish have much trouble this year with LaSalle though, even in Cincinnati. 

7 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Something tells me you've never stepped foot on Cathedral's campus or else you would let this die.

Cathedral's inability to have an on-site football stadium has only been rehashed on the GID about 30 times. They don't own the surrounding land to put up bleachers and the surrounding landscape doesn't support infrastructure even if they did. That doesn't even account for the local ordinance that prohibits stadium lights due to the surrounding neighborhoods.

And we haven't even discussed the issue of parking. There's not enough parking spaces for all the students who are eligible to drive, let alone 5000 extra people. Cathedral is located on an extremely busy road with no available parking or walking access. 

Get to Arlington early on 10/14 and think before you type next time. 

I didn’t take this post seriously until I saw the word “infrastructure.”

Well done.

1999 was the last time Cathedral played at LaSalle.  It was the night Otis Shannon rushed for 489 yards, and of course I was there.  One of my buddies decided to take his wife to watch the Tall Ships, on the Ohio River, at the last minute, and he missed the game.  Old George didn't miss another Cathedral football game until he passed away a few years back.  You just never know what your going to see!

23 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

1999 was the last time Cathedral played at LaSalle.  It was the night Otis Shannon rushed for 489 yards, and of course I was there.  One of my buddies decided to take his wife to watch the Tall Ships, on the Ohio River, at the last minute, and he missed the game.  Old George didn't miss another Cathedral football game until he passed away a few years back.  You just never know what your going to see!

Best O-Line in Indiana History. 5 D1 players and 2 NFL guys on the '99 CHS OLine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

For what it’s worth, LaSalle is currently ranked #2 in their Region in the Ohio playoff picture. This puts them on track to host a first round playoff game — as long as they keep winning. A loss tonight seriously jeopardizes that.

Some of us forget that all games played count towards the playoffs in Ohio, even out of state games.  The Irish have put a dent in the Lancers playoffs a couple of times in the past, and I'm hoping that continues tonight.  It's always a dog fight when these two teams play.  All four games were quite memorable for one reason or another.