Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. La Salle (Cincinnati) 10/01/2021

Someone spoke to me after the game last night and said that I knew everything.  I hope he hangs around here because I want to respond by saying, I don't know a whole lot, but I've seen a whole lot in my 60+ years of watching Cathedral football.  I wish I could remember it all!

On 9/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Jon said:

These small school getting this kind of turnout just shows how far Indiana has to go to be a football state.

Well, keep in mind the tradition-rich history of the four schools that make up the GCL South.    Elder, St. Xavier, Moeller and LaSalle are all private schools and male-only with incredible history and legacy in football.  I think St. X is the largest with around 1,200 men.

2 hours ago, Dave007 said:

Well, keep in mind the tradition-rich history of the four schools that make up the GCL South.    Elder, St. Xavier, Moeller and LaSalle are all private schools and male-only with incredible history and legacy in football.  I think St. X is the largest with around 1,200 men.

Like!

Looking forward to going to The Pit this Friday to see Elder versus Roncalli.  Elder drew over 9000 rowdies for last Friday's Elder-Moeller game.  I previously lived in Cincinnati and I loved attending GCL South games.  You are right about GCL South tradition.  The schools are all-male and each have a "partnering" all-female school.  Also remember that more students attend Catholic school in Cincinnati area than public school. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:50 AM, Bobref said:

St. X’s time is coming. They will meet the mighty Eagles of St. Edward in the tournament eventually, if the Bombers get that far.

As it turns out, St. X faded and let Moeller move into the #1 seed, and Moeller survived the Regional. Final Four in Ohio Div. VII: Lakewood St. Edward, Upper Arlington, Springfield, and Archbishop Moeller. Cal preps has projected the Eagles as at least 2 TDs better than any of the other 3. But it would be nice to get a crack at Moeller in the championship game, since their OT victory over St. Ed’s is the only blemish on the Eagles’ record. Revenge is a dish best served cold. And it will be very cold in Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton on Dec. 4.

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

As it turns out, St. X faded and let Moeller move into the #1 seed, and Moeller survived the Regional. Final Four in Ohio Div. VII: Lakewood St. Edward, Upper Arlington, Springfield, and Archbishop Moeller. Cal preps has projected the Eagles as at least 2 TDs better than any of the other 3. But it would be nice to get a crack at Moeller in the championship game, since their OT victory over St. Ed’s is the only blemish on the Eagles’ record. Revenge is a dish best served cold. And it will be very cold in Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton on Dec. 4.

I know you know this... but Div. I

College roommate went to Upper Arlington, so I'll be pulling for the Golden Bears this week against your Eagles this Friday night! Depending on where the game is, I just might go.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Thanks, Bob, I try to keep up with what's happening in Ohio, but I've not done so this year.  I'll be rooting for St. Eddies for sure.  And I wouldn't mind Cathedral getting another crack at them sometime.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bobref said:

How does one keep up with other state's programs? I am assuming they have their own versions of the GID? Anyone have those links? I'd like to follow the surrounding states (Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois), then some of the big boys like Florida, Texas, and Cali.

14 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

How does one keep up with other state's programs? I am assuming they have their own versions of the GID? Anyone have those links? I'd like to follow the surrounding states (Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois), then some of the big boys like Florida, Texas, and Cali.

Yappi is the Ohio forum and they make us all look like choir boys here lol. 

• Thanks 1