Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Well, here we are!

The final third of the 2021 regular season of the Indiana high school football season.

One burning question . . .  since LaVille and Winamac lost their regular season HNAC game.

Any chance the two get together on October 1?

Glenn (who is supposed to play LaVille) and West Central (who is supposed to play Winamac) wouldn't lose a regular season as they could play each other.

Pretty each switch . . .  

One minor issue is that one of the two - Glenn or West Central - would have to lose a home game to help make this happen.

One bright spot, one set off officials would be available.

The Winamac-LaVille game was supposed to be at LaVille, so the Glenn officials could head over to LaVille for the HNAC game and Glenn could take on a new opponent.

In the big picture of things, however, that's likely NOT going to happen!

The LaVille-John Glenn game is too much of a backyard rivalry.

In any event, who ya got this week?

Friday, Oct. 1
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
Knox at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm
North Judson at Triton ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at West Central, 7 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

17 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Well, here we are!

The final third of the 2021 regular season of the Indiana high school football season.

One burning question . . .  since LaVille and Winamac lost their regular season HNAC game.

Any chance the two get together on October 1?

Glenn (who is supposed to play LaVille) and West Central (who is supposed to play Winamac) wouldn't lose a regular season as they could play each other.

Pretty each switch . . .  

One minor issue is that one of the two - Glenn or West Central - would have to lose a home game to help make this happen.

One bright spot, one set off officials would be available.

The Winamac-LaVille game was supposed to be at LaVille, so the Glenn officials could head over to LaVille for the HNAC game and Glenn could take on a new opponent.

In the big picture of things, however, that's likely NOT going to happen!

The LaVille-John Glenn game is too much of a backyard rivalry.

In any event, who ya got this week?

Friday, Oct. 1
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

Caston over Culver

Pioneer Big

LaVille by 2 scores in this hatred rivalry!!  Glenn players healthy and gonna play??  Bremen parent told me they were without some guys against the Lions

Judson Big

Winamac by what they choose

After 6 weeks, it feels like their isn't as big a gap from top to bottom in the conference this year.  Of course Pioneer has always been head-and-shoulders better than everyone else.  But I felt like the second tier teams were always a lot better than the bottom dwellers.  It feels a little different this year.  Last Friday Pioneer and Winamac - two of the conference's best - only put up 26 & 28 points against what most would say are a couple of the conference's bottom dwellers.  The largest margin of victory in any conference game all year has been 36 points.  Not exactly what we're used to seeing.

I don't think there will be any conference blow outs this week.  Knox will play Pioneer tough.  And I think Triton has a chance to beat Judson.  I expect a close game on the Triton Tundra this week.  Culver and Caston should be a good one. 

It's really too bad we haven't had a chance to see everyone playing at full strength this year.  Could have been a really exciting year.

Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Not much to see here.  Laville at Glenn might be a good game if Glenn's QB is back in action this week.  If not, Glenn can't score enough to beat Laville.

Culver, Pioneer, NJSP and Winamac all win pretty handily.  As Fine Print mentioned above though, the gap seems to be shrinking between the top and bottom tier teams

20 hours ago, LionKing said:
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Not much to see here.  Laville at Glenn might be a good game if Glenn's QB is back in action this week.  If not, Glenn can't score enough to beat Laville.

Culver, Pioneer, NJSP and Winamac all win pretty handily.  As Fine Print mentioned above though, the gap seems to be shrinking between the top and bottom tier teams

I like Culver by a TD, Pioneer by 3 TDs, LaVille by a TD, NJ by 21, and Winamac wins by 50+.

Friday, Oct. 1
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Culver will grind out Caston, but this will be a close one. Culver 35 Caston 28

Pioneer seems to be getting healthy and back on track. Pioneer 30 Knox 6

Is the QB for Glenn back? This will be another low scoring affair regardless of the Falcons QB situation. I like Glenn -7 if Creed plays, LaVille -7 if he's out. 

Jays resume conference play after two tough outs to solid opponents. I look for them big this week. Jays 38 Triton 12

Is West Central a contender for the worst team in the state? Most areas schools who field an 8th grade team might compete with their high school. Winamac will have 50 before halftime. Winamac 56 West Central 0 

7 hours ago, footballer_02 said:
Friday, Oct. 1
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Culver will grind out Caston, but this will be a close one. Culver 35 Caston 28

Pioneer seems to be getting healthy and back on track. Pioneer 30 Knox 6

Is the QB for Glenn back? This will be another low scoring affair regardless of the Falcons QB situation. I like Glenn -7 if Creed plays, LaVille -7 if he's out. 

Jays resume conference play after two tough outs to solid opponents. I look for them big this week. Jays 38 Triton 12

Is West Central a contender for the worst team in the state? Most areas schools who field an 8th grade team might compete with their high school. Winamac will have 50 before halftime. Winamac 56 West Central 0 

GLENN QB IS BACK AND WILL BE PLAYING!!

• Like 1

Culver at Caston- Caston has yet to win a conference game in 2021. Hickle and Smith will be the two most athletic kids on the field in this game.  Culver has the advantage in the trenches.  Culver will have to grind to secure this win and I think they will in a close one.  Culver by 2.  
Knox at Pioneer-  It has been a long year for Knox and it will be an even longer night.  Pioneer by 28.
LaVille at Glenn-  With covid I am just not too sure about some of these games.  LaVille by 7
North Judson at Triton-  The Jays are coming off back-to-back losses.  Triton has played North Judson tough since the inception of the conference.  This is a great matchup across the board, but I think the Jays will pound the ball all night and secure the win on the road.  Seems like Judson is always on the road as they've has only had two home games this season.  Judson by 24.  
Winamac at West Central-  Another stiff test for the warriors.  Winamac by 35.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, LionKing said:
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Well problem here could be that LaVille has had problems scoring as well.

LaVille's defense has been pretty tough so far this season.

from_the_sidelines007

On 9/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, MarshallCounty said:

Why would Glenn agree to that? Money would be my guess. 

It is not a matter of Glenn agreeing to make a switch.

Conference games tend to rule, so if the same conference teams agree then any non-conference game would be scrapped and a conference game played.

So, technically if LaVIlle and Winamac agreed to play each other, that would leave the opponent to find another game or not play at all.

Has happened before.

as always, the game is bettter

from_the_sidelines007

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

It is not a matter of Glenn agreeing to make a switch.

Conference games tend to rule, so if the same conference teams agree then any non-conference game would be scrapped and a conference game played.

So, technically if LaVIlle and Winamac agreed to play each other, that would leave the opponent to find another game or not play at all.

Has happened before.

as always, the game is bettter

from_the_sidelines007

There is no way Winamac opts into playing a team with a winning record….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Wonder how the game contract reads. Usually there is a buy out clause. 

All contracts have buyout clauses.  Sports like Football and Basketball have larger buyout clauses than other sports.

Doesn't mean they are always paid, but there is a buyout clause in every contract.  There have been schools back out of football and basketball contracts and not one penny was exchanged by the school that broke the contract.  That is fact and undisputed!

That being said, if conference games are not played due to weather, the game is suppose to be made up on the next available date.

Both Winamac and LaVille have had opportunities to play conference games since contact tracing hit LaVille a few weeks back.

Now, LaVille and Winamac have the opportunity to play each other during a week of a non-conference opponent.

However, if both LaVille and Winamac do not agree to make that game up, that is up to them.

Once again, there can not be a Hoosier North Athletic Conference champion 2021 due to not all HNAC games in football being played.

Just like last year.  No champion because of COVID and multiple HNAC games not played.

from_the_sidelines007

18 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Well problem here could be that LaVille has had problems scoring as well.

LaVille's defense has been pretty tough so far this season.

from_the_sidelines007

I agree with that totally.  I mentioned it when discussing the game on the NIC thread.  LaVille's defense is ahead of the offense and seems to be the reason they are having success this season.