Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Browns 26, Bears 6

Gipper

On 9/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, temptation said:

Can’t speak for Bears fans but is it possible Nagy was/is the problem and not Trubisky?

A line that has now been trotted out for 3+ decades…

”If the Bears only had a quarterback.”

I think both are true. Trubisky is likely better than how he looked while playing in Nagy's offense, but he's still not starter material. The guy needs what Buffalo had him do in the pre-season: A lot of rollouts and narrow down the reads. He can't sit in the pocket and read his progressions. My guess is he'll have a long career as a backup and generate Fitzmagic type buzz when an injury gives him start starts.

Nagy is a distaster and should have been fired last season. I listen to a lot of Chicago sports radio while working. The Chicago media was calling for Pace/Nagy's head on a platter last year and National talking heads that make the daily rounds on Chicago sports shows all chimed in that Nagy/Pace didn't deserve another season. The owners son (George) went on one show after the season and was getting absolutely grilled on he could say he wants the Bears to succeed but has a career Accountant (Ted Phillips) running football operations. All he could say is they trust Pace/Nagy to make the football decisions.

Nagy is just clueless. I respect Rex Ryan as a defensive mind and here was his view on Sunday: "...thirty drop backs in this game, 21 times to go five man protection, Are you out of your mind? I wouldn't do that with Tom Brady. This is absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous." It's a valid point. Cleveland's D Line was killing the horribly constructed Bears O-Line and Nagy is still going with 5 man protection. Crazy. 

The disaster this season will turn into was inevitable at the end of last season with Ted and George praised Pace/Nagy as the football guys. Ted is a career riser on the Financial side of the Bears org and has no business as Pres. of football operations. George is part of a family that has no knowledge of football other than their dad married George Halas' daughter (Virginia). The best hope for Bears fans at this point is for the McCaskey children to cash in on their inheritance and sell the team once Virginia (Age of 98) passes.

• Like 1