Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A Looking Way Ahead - Brebeuf v Gibson Southern

39 minutes ago, tango said:

I say the chances of this happening in the next 50 years is less than 1/10 of 1%.   Memorial and Mater Dei are supported by a fairly large number of feeder school parishes and a few non-school parishes that all pay an assessment (tax) each year to help keep tuition as low as possible for Catholic families.  And even with that, tuition has increased significantly in recent years (by almost 100% over the past 8 years). There just aren't enough parishes in northern Vanderburgh County or southern Gibson County to support a third HS. I suspect if the diocese even announced they were considering building a third HS, there would be a lot of push-back. Parishes already complain about the current assessment, much less if they had to pay more to support a third school.  You also have to remember that unlike the Vatican, no diocese is sitting on a pot of gold (at least not the Evansville diocese).  It would take a significant amount of capital to build a new school, which could only come from private donations.  The Bishop would get an ear-full from the high-level Memorial and MD donors. 

Agree on all points.  

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

Heh…..heh…..you DO know where Boso played in HS?

HA! I do now!

Always thought he was an Illinois boy. Well, technically I guess he was in college, but I never dug any deeper than that.

Wonder how many aspiring TEs he motivated out of the early 90s Indy area with his Tecmo receiving prowess 🤔 😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Hard to play favorites forit wouldn’t be the least bit surprising if in 20 years or so (assuming there is continued growth in the area like currently) if a private Catholic high school were to open up in like the Haubstadt area.  There might be enough people now between Ft branch and the north side of Evansville to make it happen. 

There is less than a zero percent chance of this happening.  The few that have the desire for a Catholic education after 8th grade can continue at Memorial and MD as they have in the past.  This number has dwindled over the past 20 years.  

You can see how well this idea played out in Jasper. John Paul the Great high school opened in 2009 and currently has 15 kids in grades 9-12.  Zero chance!

There will be a better chance that the Signature School started a football program..LOL

Edited by Titan20

On 9/27/2021 at 7:07 AM, fenderbender said:

This would be a very interesting matchup.

Here are my takeaways from the Brebeuf-Roncalli game:

1.  Brebeuf Jesuit (BJ) has a few very fast and talented WRs.  The Annee kid ran right by several Roncalli DBs.  They will be hard to cover.

2.  BJ QB has accuracy problems.  Under 50% for the game and under 60% for the season.  His WRs made several circus catches in the Roncalli game that bailed him out.

3.  BJ had problems in this game running the ball.  Also seem to be shakey running most of the season.

4.  DL is really tough.  Two All State kids, plus another 240lb DT that played will.  Looks like another decent kid.  They tried to go 4-3 to stop the run and went 3-4 in passing situations.

5.  DBs must of keyed on Roncalli's best receiver because he did not have a catch.  The DBs seem fast.  Their LBs move well to the ball.

Have not seen a full GS game.  They will have advantate at QB and I know they have a really good WR.

Can the OL hold up and how is there defense?  I know that teams that pass the ball well tend to play defense against the pass better because they see it in practice.

Brebeuf had the best WRs that Roncalli has seen in a couple of years.  The Brave's QB was running for his life all night and didn't pass well under pressure.  The Brebeuf DL has size for 3A but they got mauled by Roncalli's huge OL,  The Royals ran for 300 yards on the Braves!  Roncalli did not need to pass, that is why their #1 WR had only one catch.  He wasn't targeted again after the first quarter.  The Royals are a run first team.  I haven't seen GS but their season has been very impressive.   

3 hours ago, Titan20 said:

There is less than a zero percent chance of this happening.  The few that have the desire for a Catholic education after 8th grade can continue at Memorial and MD as they have in the past.  This number has dwindled over the past 20 years.  

You can see how well this idea played out in Jasper. John Paul the Great high school opened in 2009 and currently has 15 kids in grades 9-12.  Zero chance!

There will be a better chance that the Signature School started a football program..LOL

LOL.  I agree, although SIG would have a great mascot...  The Fighting SIGarettes....

And yes, the Jasper Catholic school has proven to be an utter failure.  

17 hours ago, Titan32 said:

...although I never seem to get an answer on my email suggestions to coach Hart, he is probably just busy.  

Keep trying. He took up my suggestion on the LED down marker and that's been a game changer. He didn't bite on the Hi-Pod X31 though, so you might have better luck.

BTW, we still up for Old Football Dad film study group tomorrow? We need to get our outline to coach before Thursday's walk through if we want our MV install implemented...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FCGriz said:

The Brave's QB was running for his life all night and didn't pass well under pressure.  

Roncalli did not need to pass, that is why their #1 WR had only one catch.  

There was an early pass in the game where Annee was running down the field and ran by the DBs and the QB missed him long.   Early in the game he had time and his passes are just off.  He is not accurate when he has time.  Under 60% passing completion for the season.

On a couple of the drives that they needed to pass, they seemed they were targeting Gore more on the pass and were using the screen pass to Hansen.  First time this season I have seen the screen in those critical 3rd and medium situation.  Great call against a good DL.

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

There was an early pass in the game where Annee was running down the field and ran by the DBs and the QB missed him long.   Early in the game he had time and his passes are just off.  He is not accurate when he has time.  Under 60% passing completion for the season.

On a couple of the drives that they needed to pass, they seemed they were targeting Gore more on the pass and were using the screen pass to Hansen.  First time this season I have seen the screen in those critical 3rd and medium situation.  Great call against a good DL.

Interesting observation from a few weeks back when Brebeuf defeated New Pal (how quickly we forget the prior greatness of teams, btw).  In that game, I believe the starting QB was injured in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter.  

As it turned out, the starting QB for Brebeuf was injured.  Anee stepped in as QB an ended with a TD passing as QB, a TD as a receiver and either TD on an interception 

38 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Interesting observation from a few weeks back when Brebeuf defeated New Pal (how quickly we forget the prior greatness of teams, btw).  In that game, I believe the starting QB was injured in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter.  

As it turned out, the starting QB for Brebeuf was injured.  Anee stepped in as QB an ended with a TD passing as QB, a TD as a receiver and either TD on an interception 

The Anee kid is blazing fast.  Heck of a player.

6 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Keep trying. He took up my suggestion on the LED down marker and that's been a game changer. He didn't bite on the Hi-Pod X31 though, so you might have better luck.

BTW, we still up for Old Football Dad film study group tomorrow? We need to get our outline to coach before Thursday's walk through if we want our MV install implemented...

If said study is at the Carriage Inn...LOL

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

If said study is at the Carriage Inn...LOL

Watching film with two fish bowls of something cold is the only way to properly game plan. Gotta be careful though, too many and we get to straying off task. Next thing you know we're six in and have a first drive script suggestion consisting of the double tight wishbone, three statue of libertys, a hook and ladder, and the ol' hidden ball play. Again.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Watching film with two fish bowls of something cold is the only way to properly game plan. Gotta be careful though, too many and we get to straying off task. Next thing you know we're six in and have a first drive script suggestion consisting of the double tight wishbone, three statue of libertys, a hook and ladder, and the ol' hidden ball play. Again.

Throw in the annexation of Puerto Rico

• Haha 3

I was just looking at the Indiana state records for football and noticed a few things

Brady Allen is currently 10th all time in passing yards with 9116 yards.  Roughly 200 yards away from 9th and 400 away from 8th all time 

currently 3100 yards off from #1 all time in passing yards. But I’m not sure he is going to get there as it would require him to get to 4500 yards on the year and break the single season passing record. 

he is also 29 TD passes away from being tied for 1st plays for career passing TDs.  Currently has 22 through 6 games as well as being 134 pass completions away from having the most career completions. 

im not sure if he breaks any of these records but thought it was pretty cool and realized how blessed we have been over the last 4 years.  Going to be fun watching him finish out his career…which feels like it has flown by too fast 

26 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I was just looking at the Indiana state records for football and noticed a few things

Brady Allen is currently 10th all time in passing yards with 9116 yards.  Roughly 200 yards away from 9th and 400 away from 8th all time 

currently 3100 yards off from #1 all time in passing yards. But I’m not sure he is going to get there as it would require him to get to 4500 yards on the year and break the single season passing record. 

he is also 29 TD passes away from being tied for 1st plays for career passing TDs.  Currently has 22 through 6 games as well as being 134 pass completions away from having the most career completions. 

im not sure if he breaks any of these records but thought it was pretty cool and realized how blessed we have been over the last 4 years.  Going to be fun watching him finish out his career…which feels like it has flown by too fast 

Great achievements from Allen, hope he has a successful career at Purdue!

22 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Great achievements from Allen, hope he has a successful career at Purdue!

As a Boiler fan, I am very excited to see Brady in old gold and black.  Purdue’s offense works best with a solid vertical passing game, and all Plummer does is check down it.  AOC will be gone and I know very little about Alaimo.

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

As a Boiler fan, I am very excited to see Brady in old gold and black.  Purdue’s offense works best with a solid vertical passing game, and all Plummer does is check down it.  AOC will be gone and I know very little about Alaimo.

I think it’s fair to say that Brady will have a chance to at the very least compete for the job right away….and I think the brohms are eager to get him on campus full time.  

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think it’s fair to say that Brady will have a chance to at the very least compete for the job right away….and I think the brohms are eager to get him on campus full time.  

Does he intend to graduate early after the season is over?

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Does he intend to graduate early after the season is over?

Yeah he is enrolling in January.  Probably has spent the last few years grabbing extra credits in the summer and saved himself a semester. 

unless something has changed, Brady is graduating early