Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #7

The calendar turns to October this Friday and we will continue to sort out the MIC hierarchy.  14-3 picking MIC vs MIC contests in 2021.

Carmel at Ben Davis:  This appears to be a contest of two teams heading in opposite directions as Carmel seems to have found its stride since the CG loss whereas BD has not been the same SINCE their loss at CG.  Who decided this would be a good homecoming matchup for BD?  I guess I just have a differing philosophy.  I stated that BD would have trouble recovering from their devastating rivalry loss to Warren and then history repeated itself in Lawrence Township Friday night.  This game could save the season for the Giants and while I think they keep it close, Carmel ultimately prevails on the road.  'Hounds win 37-27.

Lawrence Central at North Central:  Two teams hungry for a win.  LC (as silly as this might sound) has exceeded expectations in my book, whereas NC has been a disaster.  I'll take the Bears on the road, though I am not extremely confident in either offense.  Low scoring game.  LC wins 20-16.

Pike at Center Grove:  It's Pike's turn to take one on the chin as they head to the southside.  The Red Devils kept it respectable on the east side last week whereas CG continued to roll and is in cruise control.  Running clock in this one.  CG wins 51-7.

Warren Central at Lawrence North:  Warren had a classic first quarter let down after an emotional rivalry win last Friday but eventually stepped on the gas and disposed of Pike.  Lawrence North got its biggest win of the season in come from behind fashion against BD.  LN failed its last litmus test in attempting to elevate themselves into the second tier of the MIC as they were throttled by Carmel.  This will be another opportunity and I expect a competitive game.  Warren wins it late however.  WC wins 34-28.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

BD was 2-5 coming out of Carmel last year with a 32-9 loss. They won the Sectional and beat Carmel in Regional. Whatever happens, everyone makes the playoffs, and BD gets lucky with the Sectional draw.

As far as the picks...

BD/Carmel often favors the underdog. Series is BD 24-23. BD was in position to close the last two weeks. They just didn't. I'll call the upset. Giants 42-41

LC/NC...I'll take LC

Pike/CG...CG, duh

WC/LN...Warren by 14

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

BD was 2-5 coming out of Carmel last year with a 32-9 loss. They won the Sectional and beat Carmel in Regional. Whatever happens, everyone makes the playoffs, and BD gets lucky with the Sectional draw.

As far as the picks...

BD/Carmel often favors the underdog. Series is BD 24-23. BD was in position to close the last two weeks. They just didn't. I'll call the upset. Giants 42-41

LC/NC...I'll take LC

Pike/CG...CG, duh

WC/LN...Warren by 14

While I admire your loyalty and anything can truly happen, BD just doesn’t have it this year I’m afraid.

Edited by temptation

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

While I admire your loyalty and anything can truly happen, BD just doesn’t have it this year I’m afraid.

I agree. I thought Ben Davis was going to be the biggest hurdle for Center Grove to overcome in the South this year and while they played the Trojans admirably for a half, it's probably their high point of the year so far. Their two wins are against a pair of teams who are 0-6 and will have a third win against a winless team by the time they beat North Central. Very real chance their best win this year comes against Lawrence Central, think about that.

Gave BD the benefit of the doubt last year due to a rough COVID year with a very young team, but man something is lacking. They'll rack up two more wins to end the year and then sweep Sectional 6 which pound for pound may be the easiest sectional in the entire state. I sense a potential lack of apathy setting in for Ben Davis at some point down the road similar to what we've seen at Penn. 

Edited by Footballking16

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I agree. I thought Ben Davis was going to be the biggest hurdle for Center Grove to overcome in the South this year and while they played the Trojans admirably for a half, it's probably their high point of the year so far. Their two wins are against a pair of teams who are 0-6 and will have a third win against a winless team by the time they beat North Central. Very real chance their best win this year comes against Lawrence Central, think about that.

Gave BD the benefit of the doubt last year due to a rough COVID year with a very young team, but man something is lacking. They'll rack up two more wins to end the year and then sweep Sectional 6 which pound for pound may be the easiest sectional in the entire state. I sense a potential lack of apathy setting in for Ben Davis at some point down the road similar to what we've seen at Penn. 

Apathy from whom?

13 hours ago, temptation said:

The calendar turns to October this Friday and we will continue to sort out the MIC hierarchy.  14-3 picking MIC vs MIC contests in 2021.

Carmel at Ben Davis:  This appears to be a contest of two teams heading in opposite directions as Carmel seems to have found its stride since the CG loss whereas BD has not been the same SINCE their loss at CG.  Who decided this would be a good homecoming matchup for BD?  I guess I just have a differing philosophy.  I stated that BD would have trouble recovering from their devastating rivalry loss to Warren and then history repeated itself in Lawrence Township Friday night.  This game could save the season for the Giants and while I think they keep it close, Carmel ultimately prevails on the road.  'Hounds win 37-27.

Lawrence Central at North Central:  Two teams hungry for a win.  LC (as silly as this might sound) has exceeded expectations in my book, whereas NC has been a disaster.  I'll take the Bears on the road, though I am not extremely confident in either offense.  Low scoring game.  LC wins 20-16.

Pike at Center Grove:  It's Pike's turn to take one on the chin as they head to the southside.  The Red Devils kept it respectable on the east side last week whereas CG continued to roll and is in cruise control.  Running clock in this one.  CG wins 51-7.

Warren Central at Lawrence North:  Warren had a classic first quarter let down after an emotional rivalry win last Friday but eventually stepped on the gas and disposed of Pike.  Lawrence North got its biggest win of the season in come from behind fashion against BD.  LN failed its last litmus test in attempting to elevate themselves into the second tier of the MIC as they were throttled by Carmel.  This will be another opportunity and I expect a competitive game.  Warren wins it late however.  WC wins 34-28.

What say you?

Carmel 28-20 over BD

LC 33-16 over NC

CG 45-7 over Pike

Warren 35-21 over LN

17 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Hmm...I haven't seen that. 

Maybe true. BD was 2-5 last year coming out of Carmel.

But THE WAY they have lost supersedes the actual win/loss record in my opinion.

Teams can overcome losses in which they play poorly but it’s tough to overcome poor play AND head scratching coaching decisions.

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

But THE WAY they have lost supersedes the actual win/loss record in my opinion.

Teams can overcome losses in which they play poorly but it’s tough to overcome poor play AND head scratching coaching decisions.

They're a few plays from being 4-2. 

Last year, they were blown out by Brownsburg, Carmel, Center Grove and Avon. They lost to Lawrence North in OT. That's what put them 2-5.

• Like 1