Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 7

Eastbrook at Blackford ©, 7 pm

Eastbrook, 2nd string playing in the 2nd Quarter.  Running clock streak continues.

Elwood at Madison-Grant ©, 7 pm

M-G big. Hopefully a barn burner like last season, but don't see that happening.

Mississinewa at Alexandria ©, 7 pm

Ole Miss backfield may break records this game.

Oak Hill at Frankton ©, 7 pm

Oak Hill by a lot.  OH fans, wear hats and sunglasses, if the suns out you can't see the field until halftime.

Looks like everything is pretty much coming to fruition as to what was being forecasted in the preseason.  Hope all teams are healthy and injury free this week!

• Thanks 1

Eastbrook will win big against Blackford!  Blackford has 25-26 dressing? Going to be ugly early!

Madison Grant wins this by 2 or 3 scores. Elwood did a heck of a job fighting last week! Could be alot of scoring!

Ole Miss by 4-5 scores! Thought Alex would score 1-2 last week but didn't happen. Expect Alex to score 2or3 td's in this one. Ole Miss will score at will on most drives.

Oak Hill wins this one but expect Frankton to score a few times. Oak hill by 3tds

Eastbrook big over Blackford

MG over Elwood

Mississinewa doubles up Alex.

Going out on a limb here.... Frankton by 2 over Oak Hill.   This is the game that will determine where the Eagles are in the Conference.  Top Half or Bottom feeder.  They have improved so much this year.  Still 2 years out from really being a contender.

5 minutes ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Still 2 years out from really being a contender.

Agree with this. I was at the Eastbrook v Frankton game and we talked about how many Sophmores were on this team and getting a lot of playing time.  If they are able to keep everybody together for the next couple years I could for sure see this team be in the top half of the conference again.

• Like 1

Easbrook big over Blackford. Let's just start game with running clock. 

I will take Elwood with upset if you will over MG. I liked the way they played last week with a lot of fight.

Ol' miss over Alex team the struggles with the Defensive side of the ball every year.

OH and Frankton. Well I hope the Eagles of Frankton can get a nice win over OH. Not sure if they have it in them yet but they can definitely keep things close by running the ball and keeping the Defense off the field. I'll take frankton by 2 points. (Also Might be a little biased in my pick but a red and white eagle seems more patriotic. But the golden eagle seems to be more of what you would ever find in nature. So I will always root for the patriotic Eagles) 

Eastbrook over Blackford by how ever much they want.

MG over Elwood.  This may be the closest game of the week.

Ole Miss over Alexandria.  Ole Miss always struggles at Alexandria but the Ole Miss backfield has a record day in this year.

Oak Hill over Frankton.  Frankton scored first against Mississinewa but then gave up 42 points before finding the endzone again. 

14 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Eastbrook vs Blackford game has been canceled due to Blackford having kids out

Just saw that also....  Harrison Lafayette is looking.  AP 5A #5 vs 2A #2.  That could sell some tickets, but getting a game plan together that quick would be interesting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Just saw that also....  Harrison Lafayette is looking.  AP 5A #5 vs 2A #2.  That could sell some tickets, but getting a game plan together that quick would be interesting.

Agree could be tough but would be an interesting match up! I think Eastbrook could win that game! 

8 hours ago, djbowzz said:

If Eastbrook can schedule that they absolutely should.  A challenging game like that would be like a gift for them after not really having one on the regular schedule all year. 

15 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Lewis Cass and Delta scheduled a game on a Friday afternoon for that same Friday night a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

No Game tonight.  Unable to find an opponent.

That is to bad for Eastbrook.  I know they are not getting much out of backend of schedule with Alex,Blackford and Elwood. Hopefully they will be ready for tourney time!

50 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

What are the CIC middle school teams looking like? Any of the schools have any pretty good groups coming up?

There is some talent in some of the teams like Alexandria, Lapel(non-cic), Oakville and Eastbrook.  

Problem is outside of Eastbrook the rest of the CIC coaches to win at all levels and not teach their high school offenses and defenses. So the rest of the schools are teaching offensive/ defensive schemes, tackling and proper blocking when they are freshman.

Eastbrook is a group that from an early age instills values and worries less about winning at the youth level but when these kids buy in to the weight program and what the coaches instill they are more than ready in 9th.

The rest of the cic except for maybe Oak Hill and Ole miss have to rely on what talent is coming through in different years.

It is amazing how many coaches only coach to the talent level they have and do not go above and beyond to milk every last potential piece of talent they can out 9f every athlete.

Also it would be interesting to see what coaches follow their kids throughout the year on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to see why make they are suffering in school or at home and not just letting them fall off. 

The retention rate of athletes at some of the schools is just unacceptable and the reason for their failure or being below average. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GV5 said:

That is to bad for Eastbrook.  I know they are not getting much out of backend of schedule with Alex,Blackford and Elwood. Hopefully they will be ready for tourney time!

First half wasn't much to write home about either.  Will be interesting to see if it costs them in the playoffs.  Some years it hasn't hurt them but I'd argue no way they make it to state in 2019 had they not learned some early lessons against Marion and Delta.  But in years prior they ended up in the state finals anyway with a lackluster regular season schedule.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, XStar said:

First half wasn't much to write home about either.  Will be interesting to see if it costs them in the playoffs.  Some years it hasn't hurt them but I'd argue no way they make it to state in 2019 had they not learned some early lessons against Marion and Delta.  But in years prior they ended up in the state finals anyway with a lackluster regular season schedule.

Yes I agree with you!

On 9/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, djbowzz said:

Eastbrook at Blackford ©, 7 pm

Eastbrook, 2nd string playing in the 2nd Quarter.  Running clock streak continues.

Elwood at Madison-Grant ©, 7 pm

M-G big. Hopefully a barn burner like last season, but don't see that happening.

Mississinewa at Alexandria ©, 7 pm

Ole Miss backfield may break records this game.

Oak Hill at Frankton ©, 7 pm

Oak Hill by a lot.  OH fans, wear hats and sunglasses, if the suns out you can't see the field until halftime.

Looks like everything is pretty much coming to fruition as to what was being forecasted in the preseason.  Hope all teams are healthy and injury free this week!

Pretty damn close!