Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

Covington @ Attica - Covington by as much as they want... Karrfalt continues to show why he's the best player in the conference.

FC @ SV - This game is kind of interesting just because of how close FC played Seeger on Friday. If FC doesn't let the qb throw all over them they might have a chance in this one. The running back from FC is second in the conference in rushing yards as of now.. Two different style of football being played in this game. One wants to throw and play no defense and the other wants to run and try to play defense... I'll take SV 28 - 12

PH @ NV - Potential to be the game of the week but I believe PH has too many athletes and is overall just a better team then the Falcons. The qb for PH will play this week and he will throw all over the Falcons. NV will put up some points but will sadly lose the game.. PH 56 NV 28

RP @ North Central - I'll take the Panthers in a tough game this week. RP's running back will run wild against the T-Birds and RP wins 24 - 12

Sheridan @ Seeger - Good game here. I know nothing about Sheridan but they are usually pretty good and they put up 66 points last week.. considering Seeger played FC that close last week I'll take Sheridan to win 34 - 20

Is FC actually getting better, or did Seeger have a bad game? Maybe Hall has finally got that program back on track after all...

Will Crabtree be able to hold the Wolves offense enough to keep the game close?

If Karrfalt is the best player in the conference... who is the second best?

2 hours ago, WRC123 said:

Covington @ Attica - Covington by as much as they want... Karrfalt continues to show why he's the best player in the conference.

FC @ SV - This game is kind of interesting just because of how close FC played Seeger on Friday. If FC doesn't let the qb throw all over them they might have a chance in this one. The running back from FC is second in the conference in rushing yards as of now.. Two different style of football being played in this game. One wants to throw and play no defense and the other wants to run and try to play defense... I'll take SV 28 - 12

PH @ NV - Potential to be the game of the week but I believe PH has too many athletes and is overall just a better team then the Falcons. The qb for PH will play this week and he will throw all over the Falcons. NV will put up some points but will sadly lose the game.. PH 56 NV 28

RP @ North Central - I'll take the Panthers in a tough game this week. RP's running back will run wild against the T-Birds and RP wins 24 - 12

Sheridan @ Seeger - Good game here. I know nothing about Sheridan but they are usually pretty good and they put up 66 points last week.. considering Seeger played FC that close last week I'll take Sheridan to win 34 - 20

Is FC actually getting better, or did Seeger have a bad game? Maybe Hall has finally got that program back on track after all...

Is he being recruited by any D1 programs? The qb of South Vermilions has been since his sophomore year. If you’re a D1 recruit you’re probably the best player in your conference. State law.

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Is he being recruited by any D1 programs? The qb of South Vermilions has been since his sophomore year. If you’re a D1 recruit you’re probably the best player in your conference. State law.

Who is he being recruited by? I had no clue he was being recruited by D1 schools

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

I just haven’t been that impressed by him. Yeah he has a D1 QB build, but he isn’t even proving he’s the best in a weak WRC this year. He’s almost zero running threat. Karrfalt presents a little of both. The D1 had 90 yards and 2 picks last week right? Against a speculated week PH defense.

2 minutes ago, WRC123 said:

Who is he being recruited by? I had no clue he was being recruited by D1 schools

I thought ISU may have offered him. I see that he goes on visits to some D1 schools and takes pictures with the coaches. It’s shared and posted all over social media. Not sure how official the visits really are. 

4 hours ago, WRC123 said:

Cov @ Attica - If Vegas was allowed to put lines on games, this one wouldn’t be any less than Covington +40.  Covington ends the season with Attica, a winless non-conference opponent and RP.   Kuddos to coach Brown for (re)-taking over the team and adaptions to his players to find success.   Covington 50-12.  Take Attica and the points. 

FC @ SV - If SV loses this game, WRCSage may never call RP the pretenders ever again.  I don’t believe the D1’s fall to 2-5.  Coach Hall has changed the offense this year from the midline look to spread/zone, but FC still doesn’t score many points.  FC’s wins are against Frontier, Attica and RP w/ #24 not playing.   SV 42-24

PH @ NV - Johnson plays, NV will see the spread.  If he doesn’t, they get the Wing T.  Maybe Crabtree will agree to run the Single wing if Moore agrees to win the Wing T.  No passing, all runs and the game ends in less than 2 hours.  Regardless, PH wins handily.  35-20

RP @ NC. - Now this one may be a game with no passes.  NC is back to the wishbone double TE offense that Nolting ran well there.  RP is a double wing, double TE team at their core, but have thrown the ball more more in the recent games.  Both teams’ weaknesses are their defense.   RP wins, 40-20

Sheridan @ Seeger -  Despite the talk of Seeger having a down year, they are quietly 4-2.  Sheridan, followed by SV and then NV rounds out their season.  Never doubt Herbie, but if you are, do it this week.   Sheridan’s only loss is to Western Boone in week 1.    Sheridan 30 Seeger 20.   

If we are looking ahead to sectionals, keep an eye on the South Putnam Eagles. The Big Dog Chuck Sorrell has his birds at 5-1 and humming along.   Their match with Linton in 3 weeks is intriguing.   I don’t believe they are as good as the team that beat PH last year, but so they have to be to win it all again? 

Best Player: Karrfait.   Stats and wins don’t lie.   SV QB1 is a good player, but you can’t be the best player in a conference playing for the largest school and a hall of fame coach and have a losing record.  

Best Athlete:  there’s no argument, its Christian Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, KAllen said:

Cov @ Attica - If Vegas was allowed to put lines on games, this one wouldn’t be any less than Covington +40.  Covington ends the season with Attica, a winless non-conference opponent and RP.   Kuddos to coach Brown for (re)-taking over the team and adaptions to his players to find success.   Covington 50-12.  Take Attica and the points. 

FC @ SV - If SV loses this game, WRCSage may never call RP the pretenders ever again.  I don’t believe the D1’s fall to 2-5.  Coach Hall has changed the offense this year from the midline look to spread/zone, but FC still doesn’t score many points.  FC’s wins are against Frontier, Attica and RP w/ #24 not playing.   SV 42-24

PH @ NV - Johnson plays, NV will see the spread.  If he doesn’t, they get the Wing T.  Maybe Crabtree will agree to run the Single wing if Moore agrees to win the Wing T.  No passing, all runs and the game ends in less than 2 hours.  Regardless, PH wins handily.  35-20

RP @ NC. - Now this one may be a game with no passes.  NC is back to the wishbone double TE offense that Nolting ran well there.  RP is a double wing, double TE team at their core, but have thrown the ball more more in the recent games.  Both teams’ weaknesses are their defense.   RP wins, 40-20

Sheridan @ Seeger -  Despite the talk of Seeger having a down year, they are quietly 4-2.  Sheridan, followed by SV and then NV rounds out their season.  Never doubt Herbie, but if you are, do it this week.   Sheridan’s only loss is to Western Boone in week 1.    Sheridan 30 Seeger 20.   

If we are looking ahead to sectionals, keep an eye on the South Putnam Eagles. The Big Dog Chuck Sorrell has his birds at 5-1 and humming along.   Their match with Linton in 3 weeks is intriguing.   I don’t believe they are as good as the team that beat PH last year, but so they have to be to win it all again? 

Best Player: Karrfait.   Stats and wins don’t lie.   SV QB1 is a good player, but you can’t be the best player in a conference playing for the largest school and a hall of fame coach and have a losing record.  

Best Athlete:  there’s no argument, its Christian Johnson. 

Mr Allen..........Covington +40 would mean they were a 40 point underdog.  Vegas Bookies would be sleeping with the fishes if they put that line out there!!

2 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Mr Allen..........Covington +40 would mean they were a 40 point underdog.  Vegas Bookies would be sleeping with the fishes if they put that line out there!!

Stupid +/- keys on my keyboard.  I stand corrected.   I’m going back to finance and less gambling. 

Edited by KAllen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WRC123 said:

That’s why some call the Cats the D1s. Although they really only have one. A couple years ago an excited fan said some of the other skill players were also D1 so it stuck. Once again, best athlete, best qb. How’s it not a D1 recruit. It has to be. STATE LAW!

6 hours ago, KAllen said:

Stats can lie to some extent. Weather conditions, time of possessions, schedule, etc all come in to factor for stats. Karrfalt has thrown it 280 times this year. He’s bound to have some yards. They haven’t played a stellar defense yet. Crazy he has 30 more rushes than their running back too. He has doubled Garzolini’s passing attempts, so he will have better stats in general. Karrfalt did win the head to head match up, and is much more of a duel threat. 

Johnson is definitely more athletic out of the bunch. One of, if not the most athletic kids the WRC has seen in since the early 2000s

Week 7 already? Who's going to kick it in gear and fine tune for the playoffs and who's going to be shopping for a new pair of basketball shoes? (Or wrestling shoes for some of us.)

COVINGTON - ATTICA - One thing is for certain, the Trojans will throw the ball and the Ramblers will play hard. Covington 56 - Attica 8

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL vs. SOUTH VERMILLION - The Wildcats put forth a nice effort last week. But the HOF proved to be too much for the Visor. Even without QB 1 the Wolfs beat the Wildcat's D1 QB. The Mustangs got close to pulling one out over Herb and the Patriots. This should actually be a competitive and fun game. I think the Wilcats pull out a close one. SV 28 - FC 26

PARKE HERITAGE vs. NORTH VERMILLION - SV is the only team not named Adams Central to hold the Wolfs under 30 points. Granted QB 1 was in street clothes for the Wolfs. Could the Falcons keep them under 30 two weeks in a row? I think Crabtree and Co. can figure it out, and NV can move the ball and score. I'm not convinced that PH has all the sudden learned how to play championship defense as some have been saying. This game is very intriguing. The Wolfs need to have a dominant performance for their pysche. The Falcons are still trying to prove last year was a fluke and they are still in the run for the sectional. I think we get another classic. PH 41 - NV 34

RIVERTON PARKE vs. NORTH CENTRAL - The Panthers seemed to have a great night last week against a fairly weak opponent. I think I saw a reference to them being bullies somewhere in last week's post. Which, of course, is laughable considering some of the beatings the Panthers have taken over the years. The T-Birds appeared to get a nice win last week also. Although, I'm not buying it that Park Tudor was a state ranked team. I do believe there will be passes thrown in this game. What RP team will show up? Has NC found some late season magic? I think the Panthers make it 3 years in a row over the T-Birds. RP 42 - NC 21

SHERIDAN vs. SEEGER - The Patriots have won the last two games in this matchup. But I think the Blackhawks were experiencing some down years. I look for this to be a bit more competitive that recent outings. No disrespect to whoever KAllen is, but this may be the game that features no passes. Although, Herb has never been one to turn down a back shoulder fade call. I think Bud gets the last laugh. Sheridan 35 - Seeger 28

21 hours ago, KAllen said:

Sheridan did lose to Delphi as well, 14-12.  I'm sure this battle of HOF coaches looks good on paper, but the Hawks aren't even close to what they used to be.  Coach King continues to get revenge for the 2007 state championship game and Seeger pulls out a win.

16 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Sheridan did lose to Delphi as well, 14-12.  I'm sure this battle of HOF coaches looks good on paper, but the Hawks aren't even close to what they used to be.  Coach King continues to get revenge for the 2007 state championship game and Seeger pulls out a win.

I think Coach King and Coach Batty are both still having nightmares about kicking to and playing defense against Nick Zachary in that game. 

Edited by KAllen

31 minutes ago, KAllen said:

I think Coach King and Coach Batty are both still having nightmares about kicking to and playing defense against Nick Zachary in that game. 

Sheridan had 3 rushers with over 100 yards each last week. Hopefully they can repeat this week.

I dont know about Seeger, but I heard over in parke county some of Bishop Sycamores biggest supporters are trying to jump ship halfway through the first semester. It seems like to me that if my local team was in first place in the WRC I would be loving life, but apparently that is not the case. I guess its not a fun time to be a Bishop Sycamore Wolfs employee/fan.

• Like 1

Game of week will be at Gibson field .

I think PH has two very capable qbs to run their offense. NV’s secondary has been shredded this season. The defensive line for NV needs to be dominant up front or this game will get ugly real quick. Offensively I like NV against that PH defense. Lots of big plays will happen Friday. 
Prediction.

42-21 PH. Loser of this game will win in sectional.

14 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Anyone heard anything about Seeger?? Sounds like some big news possibly??

I heard it was something on the team that went unreported? I don't know much more than that. Is the Herb coaching this Friday night?

1 hour ago, Warfalcon2012 said:

I think PH has two very capable qbs to run their offense. NV’s secondary has been shredded this season. The defensive line for NV needs to be dominant up front or this game will get ugly real quick. Offensively I like NV against that PH defense. Lots of big plays will happen Friday. 
Prediction.

Agreed on the D-Line. I just think PH has so many athletes in the open field it will be tough for NV secondary to cover. PH line isn't great so it could very well be a good game.

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I dont know about Seeger, but I heard over in parke county some of Bishop Sycamores biggest supporters are trying to jump ship halfway through the first semester. It seems like to me that if my local team was in first place in the WRC I would be loving life, but apparently that is not the case. I guess its not a fun time to be a Bishop Sycamore Wolfs employee/fan.

MUST WIN STATE TO FEEL HAPPY

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

No possible way that what you have said is true….. The wolfs have the best recruiting class in the Wrc, a hall of fame coach, and are leading the WRC. Why would anyone hate life there?  

6 hours ago, Warfalcon2012 said:

Prediction.

South Putnams will win the sectional and I’ll say it right to your face!

• Like 1