Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

WRC Week 7


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Week 7 WRC Pizza King ranking:

1. West Lebanon 

2. Rockville

3. Attica

4. Veedersburg

(Oxford Pizza King currently wears the Western Indiana crown)

I want to eat pizza with Donnie Baker!

Woody, you're simply sleeping on Overpass Pizza in Covington.

 

Please dont tell me you are saying Rockville Pizza Hut is #2? 

1 minute ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Woody, you're simply sleeping on Overpass Pizza in Covington.

 

Please dont tell me you are saying Rockville Pizza Hut is #2? 

I misread the post. It says Pizza King. I was getting fired up for now reason

Edited by Marshall Mathers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Woody is doing a great disservice to a lot of other great pizza joints in the WRC.  To name a few:  Palucci’s in Cayuga, Overpass in Covington, Up the Creek across from TR state park, Paradise Pizza/Bowling in Clinton, Arnis in Pine Village, Blue and Gold Pizza in Veederburg.  The WRC may be the SEC of Indiana High School football, but it’s the ACC of pizza places.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I think Woody is doing a great disservice to a lot of other great pizza joints in the WRC.  To name a few:  Palucci’s in Cayuga, Overpass in Covington, Up the Creek across from TR state park, Paradise Pizza/Bowling in Clinton, Arnis in Pine Village, Blue and Gold Pizza in Veederburg.  The WRC may be the SEC of Indiana High School football, but it’s the ACC of pizza places.  

Let's not forget our local gas station pizzas.... Casey's and Hunt's Brothers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Week 7 WRC Pizza King ranking:

1. West Lebanon 

2. Rockville

3. Attica

4. Veedersburg

(Oxford Pizza King currently wears the Western Indiana crown)

I want to eat pizza with Donnie Baker!

Thats a lifetime goe for me. Pizza with a guy named Woody. Combined with Donnie Bakers legendary pork sword that’s a meat lovers buffet. I swear to God it is! We’ll do a home and home. That place in Nairobi and wherever you want. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wrcsage said:

I think Woody is doing a great disservice to a lot of other great pizza joints in the WRC.  To name a few:  Palucci’s in Cayuga, Overpass in Covington, Up the Creek across from TR state park, Paradise Pizza/Bowling in Clinton, Arnis in Pine Village, Blue and Gold Pizza in Veederburg.  The WRC may be the SEC of Indiana High School football, but it’s the ACC of pizza places.  

Tasty.... grew up 3 blocks from the originol Arnies... n whenever i hear Pine Village... who would ever think Pro Football.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the earliest days of this forum, TA NEVER allowed stuff to be posted from reliable sources. The policy here has ALWAYS been to share a link to something verifiable when talking about coaching moves. Please stick to that policy......thanks

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

From the earliest days of this forum, TA NEVER allowed stuff to be posted from reliable sources. The policy here has ALWAYS been to share a link to something verifiable when talking about coaching moves. Please stick to that policy......thanks

Bingo. My reply was about just making sure no one was taking any cheap shots. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rubbers did what they had to do.  
 

Great job Rambler Dan in just playing the game.  We are proud of you.

 

The D1’s are back!  Fireworks galore in Clinton.

 

The Ponies will have a really tough finish to the season.  
 

We have 2 “We’re backs” this week!  Welcome back RP Pretenders!  How many will the Wolfs score on them next week?

 

It appears the Falconmarts learned a valuable lesson:  don’t get into a shootout with the Wolfs.  Someone said the loser of that game would win the sectional…I want some action on that please!

 

It looks like the Wolfs offense is starting to click.  And with who they play the last 2 weeks they may work their way back to juggernaut status going into the sectional.

 

The Bob Seeger’s (I can’t call them Herbie and the Pats no more) appear to be in a tailspin.  I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel for them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

So people can make up crap about Attica faking the covids, call them the worst team in the state but we can’t talk about a coach resigning because there’s no media link? 

Donnie - Let’s not get carried away and try using logic.   Ideally, yes this forum is about W’s and L’s, matchups and fans/coaches communicating and discussing our favorite teams and rivals.  In reality, it’s more fun to talk a little trash, add some humor and determine if the Mecca Tavern really has the best tenderloin in the Wabash Valley.  
   Unfortunately, we have some coaches use user names to post, which is fine and I understand why.  Most keep it lite and respectful, but others are obvious homers and find some sort of enjoyment seeing other lose and potentially lose their jobs.  I’m with you, I don’t agree how this forum is “policed”.  It feels like some are protected, while others (Attica, etc) are free game to create narratives for.  And that doesn’t fit the bill.   
  Until then, South Putnam is -150 in Vegas to win the sectional with PH a close -120 odds.   If you had an extra $10k to bet, throw it on Attica or Cloverdale and cash in a few million.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

So people can make up crap about Attica faking the covids, call them the worst team in the state but we can’t talk about a coach resigning because there’s no media link? 

Nope...that has been the standard since the beginning of this site, and it will stay that way. There are too many examples over the years of coaches getting into trouble with their admins because of rumors and non published stories posted here. Had someone reported a post that accuses a team of faking something, it would have been taken care of. There are just a few of us who are admins here. believe it or not, we do not scan every post made to make sure it is ok. In fact, I had not read this topic until something was reported. If there is a post you think needs to be reported about Attica, then report it, and one of us will take care of it. I am not going to go looking for it though. But it does sound as though it should have been reported. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wrcsage said:

It appears the Falconmarts learned a valuable lesson:  don’t get into a shootout with the Wolfs.  Someone said the loser of that game would win the sectional…I want some action on that please!

 

I said this. Defensively NV has came a long way since the Linton game. PH has so much talent  across the board, it’s hard to stop all of it. NV did get a pass rush though which was the first I had seen them produce all year. Next time these two teams meet it will be a very different ball game. NV HAS TO hold the ball. They know it too. Also seemed PH added another coach to the sidelines? Only source on that is my 👀..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wrcsage said:

It appears the Falconmarts learned a valuable lesson:  don’t get into a shootout with the Wolfs.  Someone said the loser of that game would win the sectional…I want some action on that please!

Sorry coach - no gambling from the sidelines.  That’s only allowed in baseball if Pete Rose is coaching.   But, I’ll take the action.  NV + 21.5 if played at NV.  +24.5 if played in Rocktucky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

Nope...that has been the standard since the beginning of this site, and it will stay that way. There are too many examples over the years of coaches getting into trouble with their admins because of rumors and non published stories posted here. Had someone reported a post that accuses a team of faking something, it would have been taken care of. There are just a few of us who are admins here. believe it or not, we do not scan every post made to make sure it is ok. In fact, I had not read this topic until something was reported. If there is a post you think needs to be reported about Attica, then report it, and one of us will take care of it. I am not going to go looking for it though. But it does sound as though it should have been reported. 

Coach Nowlins used to check in here before he got his new job. I toad people to stop bashing the Ramblers a couple weeks ago. I’ll rip out a karate artery if I have to. I’ve been here long enough to know the rumor rule. But the fact remains some coaches resigned in the middle of week 7. And I know what happened. I swear to God I do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, wrcsage said:

I think Woody is doing a great disservice to a lot of other great pizza joints in the WRC.  To name a few:  Palucci’s in Cayuga, Overpass in Covington, Up the Creek across from TR state park, Paradise Pizza/Bowling in Clinton, Arnis in Pine Village, Blue and Gold Pizza in Veederburg.  The WRC may be the SEC of Indiana High School football, but it’s the ACC of pizza places.  

Overpass is the best pizza in the WRC hands down. It’s not close.
I keep my ratings to WRC Pizza King establishments because I love the franchise and tradition. 
If you’re looking for a good slice, check out Manolo’s on campus at U of I. Good pizza, but the empanadas are top shelf. The dessert empanadas are a must.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Overpass is the best pizza in the WRC hands down. It’s not close.
I keep my ratings to WRC Pizza King establishments because I love the franchise and tradition. 
If you’re looking for a good slice, check out Manolo’s on campus at U of I. Good pizza, but the empanadas are top shelf. The dessert empanadas are a must.

Mellow Mushroom is pretty damn good but I drive 800 miles to have it. Another is Vinnie Van Go Go’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upset alert - Seeger 18 SV 6.  Down 12-6 with the ball and 3:14 to play, the D1’s throw a pick 6.  I’ll stand corrected on my assumption the wheels were coming off of Seeger.   Kuddos to that staff for pulling it together and getting what appears to be a nice win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...