• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 7 picks

Luers will beat Dwenger 

Concordia over Wayne

Snider over Northrop 

North over South

Homestead over Carroll 

Dwenger is not good. I said they would be 4-5 this year.

Snider will crush Northrop because it is their house.

I think it will come down to the Luers/Snider game for SAC.

Side note, Dwenger seems to have coaching issues. 

3 hours ago, TRCJunkie said:

Looking way ahead here, but what will the ruling be on the conference champion if Luers and Snider both finishing with 1 loss, but Snider playing 1 less game?

I have no insight here, but in that scenario for both of them to have only 1 loss, that means Luers would lose to Snider. In my opinion, the head to head victory should be the tie breaker if it is only Luers and Snider tied at the top with 1 loss apiece. But if Snider beats Luers, and Carroll wins out, and you have Luers and Carroll at 8-1, and Snider at 7-1, I say it goes to Luers because they have 8 wins to Snider's 7, and they beat Carroll.

Again, this is totally just my opinion, I have no idea how the conference will sort it out.

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I have no insight here, but in that scenario for both of them to have only 1 loss, that means Luers would lose to Snider. In my opinion, the head to head victory should be the tie breaker if it is only Luers and Snider tied at the top with 1 loss apiece. But if Snider beats Luers, and Carroll wins out, and you have Luers and Carroll at 8-1, and Snider at 7-1, I say it goes to Luers because they have 8 wins to Snider's 7, and they beat Carroll.

Again, this is totally just my opinion, I have no idea how the conference will sort it out.

I'd asked about this situation before, and it is a convoluted mess, IMO.

I would guess that Snider fans are (strangely) pulling for Homestead this week;   Hoping to win out the rest of the way in order to get separation,  and a clearer picture (head-to-head) with Luers on 10/15.  Even a Luers stumble wouldn't change the implications of the Week 9 contest, if Homestead gets past Carroll.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I thought I heard on the Sports Rush that the south game may be switched to a forfeit. 

It should be. With regard to SAC title implications, I don't think Snider should be penalized since it was South who cancelled and Snider had a 99.75% chance of winning that game. Which pretty much means that if they played 400 times, South might find a way to win one. 

• Like 1

Concordia at Wayne

This one is a toss up for me. Generals have Coach Haydock, Sagarin rating, and homefield advantage on their side, though, so I'm giving it to them. Final score: Concordia 17 - 24 Wayne

Luers  at Dwenger

Knights are a very good team. They play with heart and desire. Saints plays like they're ready to go home. However, The Saints usually play tough in rivalry games. This one could be close. Final score: Luers 49 - 31 Dwenger

North Side  at South Side

I think the Legends are better than their record. I wont be surprised if they win out the rest of the season. Archers had an okay showing against Northrop, but are down again this year. Not sure if they are still feeling the virus bug from a few weeks ago, but they looked abysmal against the Chargers last week. Final score: North Side 23 - 7 South Side

Snider at Northop

Spuller is the Panthers' house. Bruins are cruisin' for a brusin'. Final score: Snider 42 - 7 Northrop

Homestead at Carroll

This is the best game in the North that doesn't involve teams name Merriville or Valpo. Sparty is 7-1 against the Chargers since 2015. This season, they are 1-2 in games against the top half of the SAC. Tomorrow they have to go into a hostile environment against a very good QB. My money goes to those records changing to 7-2 and 1-3, respectively. Chargers will still have a shootout ahead of themselves. Final score: Homestead 42 - 45 Carroll

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Search it on youtube. You'll find it. Homestead has their own stream.

I checked YouTube, IHSAATV, Summit City Sports website... cant find it anywhere. Also, shouldn't Carroll be streaming it since they are the home team? If you can find it please send me then link.

1 hour ago, CLKeller16 said:

I checked YouTube, IHSAATV, Summit City Sports website... cant find it anywhere. Also, shouldn't Carroll be streaming it since they are the home team? If you can find it please send me then link.

It's my understanding that Homestead has their own stream whether home or away. Doesn't matter, it doesn't seem to want to be found on youtube...........just checked.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Luers was a away team.

Why didn't anyone who knew what was going on shed some light that BDHS Media Productions was handling the 'LIVE' Stream on YOUTUBE. The commentators are knowledgeable: I.E., Eric Pete, and Cory Kitchen, along with Sean McBride on the sideline. The quality of the video is somewhat marginable because four different  B.D. students, during the game, are camera videographers'. A couple of B.D. teachers are the moderators. Last night's video was quite dark, because the wrong (iris) lens opening aperture was employed.