Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 7 - Best Games in the Region / Michiana / Northeast Indiana

Some really big time games this week in Northern Indiana. The best of those games in my opinion:

#1 - Merrillville (6-0) at Valparaiso (6-0) : Huge game for the DAC in what is a defacto conference championship game with the winner most likely getting a share at worst. Also a game that was cancelled last year thanks to COVID19. The Pirates are 0-5 against the Vikings under Coach Seiss.

#2 - FW Luers (6-0) at FW Dwenger (4-2) : Battle of the Bishops in Fort Wayne. Will the Knights continue to roll and hand the Saints their 3rd consecutive loss at home? Dwenger has won 5 straight against Luers and outscored the Knights 90-6 the last 2 seasons.

#3 - Homestead (4-2) at FW Carroll (5-1) : Staying in the SAC, two underrated teams in class 6A if you ask me. The Chargers have won 5 straight after losing to Luers by 7 points in the opener, while the Spartan's two losses (to Luers and Snider) are by a combined 5 points. Homestead has won 7 straight games in this series, including a 70-41 shootout last year.

#4 - Churubusco (4-2) at Central Noble (6-0) : How about some love for the Northeast Corner Conference? The Eagles are ranked in both polls currently, and the Cougars have started 6-0 for the first time since 2003. 1A 'Busco's losses are to 4A Columbia City and to 2A state ranked Eastside. Get the buggies ready in Albion!

#5 - NorthWood (4-2) at Mishawaka (4-2) : A tale of two NLC teams going in different directions. The Panthers have won 3 straight games, and their losses were by a combined 4 points. Meanwhile the Cavemen have lost 2 of 3. Will NorthWood continue to streak? Or will Mishawaka right the ship?

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Some really big time games this week in Northern Indiana. The best of those games in my opinion:

#1 - Merrillville (6-0) at Valparaiso (6-0) : Huge game for the DAC in what is a defacto conference championship game with the winner most likely getting a share at worst. Also a game that was cancelled last year thanks to COVID19. The Pirates are 0-5 against the Vikings under Coach Seiss.

#2 - FW Luers (6-0) at FW Dwenger (4-2) : Battle of the Bishops in Fort Wayne. Will the Knights continue to roll and hand the Saints their 3rd consecutive loss at home? Dwenger has won 5 straight against Luers and outscored the Knights 90-6 the last 2 seasons.

#3 - Homestead (4-2) at FW Carroll (5-1) : Staying in the SAC, two underrated teams in class 6A if you ask me. The Chargers have won 5 straight after losing to Luers by 7 points in the opener, while the Spartan's two losses (to Luers and Snider) are by a combined 5 points. Homestead has won 7 straight games in this series, including a 70-41 shootout last year.

#4 - Churubusco (4-2) at Central Noble (6-0) : How about some love for the Northeast Corner Conference? The Eagles are ranked in both polls currently, and the Cougars have started 6-0 for the first time since 2003. 1A 'Busco's losses are to 4A Columbia City and to 2A state ranked Eastside. Get the buggies ready in Albion!

#5 - NorthWood (4-2) at Mishawaka (4-2) : A tale of two NLC teams going in different directions. The Panthers have won 3 straight games, and their losses were by a combined 4 points. Meanwhile the Cavemen have lost 2 of 3. Will NorthWood continue to streak? Or will Mishawaka right the ship?

Looking forward Valpo/Mville. Will the scoreboard explode with all the points put up or will the defenses step up and find a way to slow down the other team? IMO the top 2 programs in the region who did not get to meet on the field last year. Should be a great game. 

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I’ll be in the house. Who’s with me?

Good work TigerFan! Five intriguing games to say the least.

1.   Quite possibly the best two teams in all of Northern Indiana. Merrillville ends the streak

2.   Everything leads to Luers being the favorites in this one. Don't ever count out Dwenger though, those kids play with as much passion as anyone in the state. Luers by multiple scores

3.   Agree. Two very good football teams with much in common. They could both be 6-0 and they could both be 4-2. The three losses by a combined total of 12 points came to, in my opinion, two teams that would rank in the Top 20 regardless of class. Carroll wins

4.   I'd love to see the kids from Turtle Town come out on top. Throw the ranking out the window though, I think Busco is in trouble. Central Noble by multiple scores

5.   Gotta go with Mishawaka in this one. I'd say they are more battle tested and the two teams they lost to are pretty good.  Cavemen win by 10

18 hours ago, BTF said:

5.   Gotta go with Mishawaka in this one. I'd say they are more battle tested and the two teams they lost to are pretty good.  Cavemen win by 10

Northwood's two losses are to Concord and Logansport.

1. Concord beat Cavies by 2 scores.....Northwood took them to OT and only lost by a point.
  2. Logansport is undefeated in 4A and ranked in the top ten of both polls.

Not a great metric

31 minutes ago, US31 said:

1. Concord beat Cavies by 2 scores.....Northwood took them to OT and only lost by a point.

Not a great metric

Yup I agree with this. I read it earlier and was like.... NorthWood's losses are pretty darn good loses (if there is such a thing). As are Mishawaka's. Add to the fact that the NorthWood loss to Logansport was an away game that was a mid-week pickup due to Covid.

2 hours ago, US31 said:

Not a great metric

Good stuff. I'll never claim to be an expert in that area of the state. I can barely predict winners in the SAC. 

• Haha 2