Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville (6-0) at Valparaiso (6-0) 10-1-21

This one may fill up the 6,000-seat 'Viking Field" in Valparaiso...

The Vikings and Pirates did not meet in 2020 due to Covid ..

1,000-yard rusher Hayden Vinyard of Valpo and 1,000-yard rusher Lavarian Logan of Merrillville.

Valpo's big offensive line vs. Kenneth Grant (a Michigan recruit) on the 'D' patrol for the Pirates...

Valpo hasnt lost a conference game in five years......

...Last meeting: Valpo 29. Merrillville 28  (10-4-19)

Its on.

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This one may fill up the 6,000-seat 'Viking Field" in Valparaiso...

The Vikings and Pirates did not meet in 2020 due to Covid ..

1,000-yard rusher Hayden Vinyard of Valpo and 1,000-yard rusher Lavarian Logan of Merrillville.

Valpo's big offensive line vs. Kenneth Grant (a Michigan recruit) on the 'D' patrol for the Pirates...

Valpo hasnt lost a conference game in five years......

...Last meeting: Valpo 29. Merrillville 28  (10-4-19)

Its on.

I’m really anxious to see how this one turns out.  

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

The game feels big even from Fort Wayne. 

Taking NOTHING away from Valpo as I think they can make a deep 5A run but if Merrillville wants anyone to take them seriously as a threat to represent the north in 6A, they not only need to win this contest, but do so convincingly.

I have mentioned before that I love fresh blood at Lucas Oil and without a dog in the fight think it’d be pretty damn cool to see both Merrillville AND Valpo make the trip down I-65 on Thanksgiving weekend.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Taking NOTHING away from Valpo as I think they can make a deep 5A run but if Merrillville wants anyone to take them seriously as a threat to represent the north in 6A, they not only need to win this contest, but do so convincingly.

I have mentioned before that I love fresh blood at Lucas Oil and without a dog in the fight think it’d be pretty damn cool to see both Merrillville AND Valpo make the trip down I-65 on Thanksgiving weekend.

998945665_TostopValposeniorsHaydenVinyard(21)andLoganLockhart(5)youhavetogtpast340-poindseniorcenterZachBarrasas(72)9-24-21atCP.thumb.jpg.788ac33a23a8b8e4b3fff5a637c16777.jpg

The large boy is 320-pound Valpo center Zach Barrasas (72) 

8 hours ago, temptation said:

I'm still intrigued with Merrillville even if they were to win by 7 pts. I think Valpo is having one of those years where they are right up there with the best, but falling just a little *short. I see this game being tight with two teams capable of making deep runs. I agree that a 14pt win against the Vikings would open some eyes, but lets not underestimate how good Valpo really might be. 

*All teams not named Center Grove or Cathedral will fall short this year. After Westfield and Carmel, the rest of the field is a crapshoot. 

This should be a very close games when looking at comparable games played, mainly Michigan City. Both teams beat Michigan City, with Merrillville pulling away in the third quarter and Valpo in the fourth. I'm going to go with Merrillville, 41-21, they are so efficient this year on offense, have done a good job of limiting mistakes, and demonstrated against Michigan City and Andrean that they can drive or quick strike. Valpo, although they can pass are more dependent on the run which I don't see them being able to do agains the Merrillville front. 

Turning out to be a great year for the top of the conference, Merrillville, Valpo, Chesterton and Michigan City are all favorites to win their sectional, especially Valpo and Merrillville. 

46 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Turning out to be a great year for the top of the conference, Merrillville, Valpo, Chesterton and Michigan City are all favorites to win their sectional, especially Valpo and Merrillville.

Can't say I would name Michigan City as the favorite in Sectional 10. Concord and Mishawaka are very capable of winning that sectional and at the very least on an equal level with the Wolves.

I would based on their level of competition in the DAC, not trying to knock your Tigers, but the style of offense Mishawaka plays stands no chance against Michigan City, (their offense is Bart Ball?). Not saying it won't be difficult, but if it's between Concord, Michigan City, and Mishawaka, I will take Michigan City. I know that all three have played during the summer the last couple of summers even if they haven't played during the season in a few years. 

I will also add, that DAC/Region fans are feeling very optimistic that this is our year to get past the HCC or the Ft.Wayne rep. As we get deeper into the playoffs, maybe our chest will get more puffy up here and not be so scared of playing the already crowned state champs.

8 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

I will also add, that DAC/Region fans are feeling very optimistic that this is our year to get past the HCC or the Ft.Wayne rep. As we get deeper into the playoffs, maybe our chest will get more puffy up here and not be so scared of playing the already crowned state champs.

For you Region fans, what makes you think that a DAC team would beat CG or Cathedral, when other loaded 6A teams haven't beaten those two programs in 1.5 years? If other elite Indy area programs can't beat CG or Cathedral, I have a hard time believing a DAC team could do it. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

I will say I was expecting both Valpo and Merrillvile to take a step back this year after losing some generational type of talent. I think it's a promising outlook for the future that both Seiss and Marshall can rebound quickly from losing a very productivie Senior class. 

34 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

For you Region fans, what makes you think that a DAC team would beat CG or Cathedral, when other loaded 6A teams haven't beaten those two programs in 1.5 years? If other elite Indy area programs can't beat CG or Cathedral, I have a hard time believing a DAC team could do it. 

I don't recall anyone from the region stating that they would beat Center Grove or Cathedral. From what I'm gathering, they'd be happy with just an appearance at state. Even if they do believe they can beat the Indy schools, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of enthusiasm. I guarantee if Snider makes it to state, they'll be there to win it, not just show up and lay down. 

• Like 3