Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Anyone at the BD - Carmel Game?

12 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Our news just reported the game suspended due to shots outside the stadium.  Anyone know any more?

The game was suspended with 6 minutes and change left with Carmel ahead 35-21. The game was ended at the point. Praying no one was hurt, but definitely something a lot of people and players there will not forget. 

17 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

The shooting took place outside the stadium so metal detectors would not have been a factor.  Also it's another example of someone having a gun that shouldn't have one.  It's my fervent hope that incidents like this will be rare again.

Thankfully, they are actually extremely rare, but you are right; no way they should have had a gun. The kid firing it was 16 and the one hit by a shot was 16 as well.

8 minutes ago, Grover said:

I read on Facebook that the North Central @ Ben Davis game is being moved to 3:00pm.  Can anybody confirm?  I get the desire to play before nightfall but 3:00 seems awfully early.

Can confirm. I believe both schools are on their 2-week Fall Break during this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I read on Facebook that the North Central @ Ben Davis game is being moved to 3:00pm.  Can anybody confirm?  I get the desire to play before nightfall but 3:00 seems awfully early.

I just read on Twitter...Indiana Prep Sports Network in a tweet indicated this move has been taken across the country in major cities for games in "areas of violence".  Its a shame...

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I just read on Twitter...Indiana Prep Sports Network in a tweet indicated this move has been taken across the country in major cities for games in "areas of violence".  Its a shame...

Let’s let the criminals dictate the policy therefore inconveniencing hundreds in the process.  What a shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Let’s let the criminals dictate the policy therefore inconveniencing hundreds in the process.  What a shame.

I understand and appreciate the sentiment, but there'd be no way I'd put my kid or anyone else's out there to make that point.  If they want my kid there at 3:00 pm to increase the chance that I don't have to pick him up at the hospital after the game, or worse, I'll endure that inconvenience.

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I understand and appreciate the sentiment, but there'd be no way I'd put my kid or anyone else's out there to make that point.  If they want my kid there at 3:00 pm to increase the chance that I don't have to pick him up at the hospital after the game, or worse, I'll endure that inconvenience.

Saw someone make the point elsewhere about the inconvenience caused to parents/families and their kids

What if some have rearranged their work schedule to see their kid play?

What if a kid works on Saturday afternoon?

Still a damn shame.

Edited by temptation

13 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Also, let’s get real here.  Crimes are more likely to be committed at night but I’m pretty sure but the original crime was outside the stadium in a poorly lit area.

A lit up stadium for a 7pm kickoff night as well be daylight WITHIN the stadium.

They have metal detectors.

Edited by temptation

6 hours ago, temptation said:

{snip} the original crime was outside the stadium in a poorly lit area.

A lit up stadium for a 7pm kickoff night as well be daylight WITHIN the stadium.

They have metal detectors.

It was basically at the entrance to the stadium.  

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

It was basically at the entrance to the stadium.  

Correct.  Behind the visiting bleachers.  Not under the lights.

(By the way, not sure what I was thinking.  The Giants are at LC Friday.  The NC game is the following week.  It’ll be played Friday, October 15th at 3pm.  Both teams on fall break.)

Some senior “night”.  Kids, parents and families deserve better.

Edited by temptation