Friday, Oct. 8

Bowman at Washington, 7:30 pm

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm

Elkhart at Marian ©, 7 pm

Penn at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm

Clay at Glenn ©, 7 pm

St. Joseph at Culver Academy, 7:30 pm

2 games this weekend will be important to the big school side of the conference:  Penn/New Prairie & Elkhart/Marian

1 hour ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Oct. 8

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm

Clay at Glenn ©, 7 pm

2 games this weekend will be important to the big school side of the conference:  Penn/New Prairie & Elkhart/Marian

Washington BIG

Bremen by 14

Marian in a slugfest

Penn Rolls by 20

Adams by 10

CLASSLESS GLENN cause Clay barley fields a team

Culver Academy

Glenn has issues that are beyond winning and losing!  Wont go into details but personally hope they do not win a game rest of season.  That staff needs to work on character (coaches and players).

NORTHERN INDIANA
ALL TIMES EASTERN
East-West Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
Penn 3-0 100 6 3-  4 131 140 Won 3
New Prairie 2-1 44 33 6-  1 203 79 Won 3
Elkhart 2-1 75 50 4-  3 162 128 Won 2
Marian 2-1 68 38 4-  3 188 114 Won 1
Adams 1-3 37 86 3-  4 105 129 Lost 3
St. Joseph 0-4 16 127 2-  5 84 175 Lost 4
North-South Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
Jimtown 4-0 184 43 5-  2 243 70 Won 5
Bremen 2-1 73 53 4-  3 163 136 Won 2
Riley 1-1 49 48 1-  3 55 149 Won 1
Glenn 1-2 49 49 3-  4 139 97 Lost 2
Washington 1-2 65 95 2-  3 98 171 Lost 2
Clay 0-3 14 146 0-  7 21 351 Lost 16

17 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Washington BIG

Bremen by 14

Marian in a slugfest

Penn Rolls by 20

Adams by 10

CLASSLESS GLENN cause Clay barley fields a team

Culver Academy

Glenn has issues that are beyond winning and losing!  Wont go into details but personally hope they do not win a game rest of season.  That staff needs to work on character (coaches and players).

Not defending them or calling you out, but if you are going to say things like classless and call out coaches character, might want to provide some context.  I can understand not wanting to name any individuals that may be high school aged, but with no details it just sounds like sour grapes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LionKing said:

Not defending them or calling you out, but if you are going to say things like classless and call out coaches character, might want to provide some context.  I can understand not wanting to name any individuals that may be high school aged, but with no details it just sounds like sour grapes.

Seen a video of the end of game handshake and it said it all!!   #50 is the first one which is a captain on the team and after defeat he was one of a few that chose to not shake hands with Team LaVille this past week...  that defines the character of that team!  Coaches define the teams charactor...  I wasnt there personally but video doesnt lie!!

7 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Seen a video of the end of game handshake and it said it all!!   #50 is the first one which is a captain on the team and after defeat he was one of a few that chose to not shake hands with Team LaVille this past week...  that defines the character of that team!  Coaches define the teams charactor...  I wasnt there personally but video doesnt lie!!

I hate the postgame handshake.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

As you mentioned, nothing more needs said.  I am sure some frustrations are starting to take hold in Walkerton.  The Glenn players, coaches and fans were hoping for more this season I am sure.  At least their posts on social media would give an outsider the impression that they were pretty confident at the start of the season.  This group of seniors have never lived up to their own hype.  No conference championships, no noise in the tourney (and won't again this year) and mostly losses to their biggest rivals for 4 years.

Have to wonder if the coaches seat is getting a little warm.

1 minute ago, Football Guru 25 said:

American Tradition (Sportsmanship) after a battle!!  

Forced sportsmanship is no sportsmanship at all. If the kids want to walk across and shake some hands, more power to them. But that single file line stuff belongs in tee-ball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LionKing said:

As you mentioned, nothing more needs said.  I am sure some frustrations are starting to take hold in Walkerton.  The Glenn players, coaches and fans were hoping for more this season I am sure.  At least their posts on social media would give an outsider the impression that they were pretty confident at the start of the season.  This group of seniors have never lived up to their own hype.  No conference championships, no noise in the tourney (and won't again this year) and mostly losses to their biggest rivals for 4 years.

Very well said!!  Moving on to new week!  Good luck to all!

On 10/3/2021 at 11:51 AM, ASJCPUMA said:

Bowman at Washington - Panthers gotta win this one right?

Bremen at Riley - Gonna go with the lions by 3 TDs.

Elkhart at Marian - Could be an interesting one, but my head says Marian will win.

Penn at New Prairie - Biggest game this week. Penn is trending in the right direction but if NP plays their best game the Cougs will win. Unfortunately, I could see NP not playing to their potential and losing this one. 

Adams at Jimtown - Eagles with a solid victory. 

Clay at Glenn - Glenn big.

St. Joseph at Culver Academy - CMA takes it to the Indians. 

Edited by npcougar15

3 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Bowman at Washington - Panthers gotta win this one right?

Bremen at Riley - Gonna go with the lions by 3 TDs.

Elkhart at Marian - Could be an interesting one, but my head says Marian will win.

Penn at New Prairie - Biggest game this week. Penn is trending in the right direction but if NP plays their best game the Cougs will win. Unfortunately, I could see NP not playing to their potential and losing this one. 

Adams at Jimtown - Eagles with a solid victory. 

Clay at Glenn - Glenn big.

St. Joseph at Culver Academy - CMA takes it to the Indians. 

I believe if NP rotates #2 Mungia and #34 Sinka that gives them the best chance. Keeping fresh running backs is key in that offense. Really looking forward to the game and hope it’s the same atmosphere as 2 years ago

14 hours ago, LionKing said:

They will never fire a coach for the lack of wins/losses.

Some potentialy interesting games that make me feel a little unsure about my picks  Others wll be over quickly.

Bowman at Washington  -- If this was a basketball site, Bowman would be a good bet.  But it is not, so Panthers get a much needed win.

Bremen at Riley -- Riley hasn't played for a couple of weeks.  Did they practice or workout during that time?  Got the Lions in a fairly easy one.

Elkhart at Marian -- Too bad Elkhart has had so many season ending injuries.  Would have been a battle.  Marian pulls away after halftime.

Penn at New Prairie -- This has become a huge game with Penn's recent success.  Penn takes control of conference with a win.  NP needs it to get back in the hunt.  Think Penn will get it done in a close one on the road.  Would not be suprised though if NP holds serve on it's home turf.

Adams at Jimtown -- Jimtown is battle tested and will not be intimitated.  This is a toss up in my mind.  Would love to see the Jimmes win this, but Adams has a little too much size and speed I think.

Clay at Glenn -- Oh my, I give those few kids on Clay credit for showing up each week.  Glenn has some issues, but Clay is so beat down.  Glenn early and often.

St. Joseph at Culver Academy -- CMA will win this private school match-up.  I think!

11 hours ago, Rocket said:

I believe if NP rotates #2 Mungia and #34 Sinka that gives them the best chance. Keeping fresh running backs is key in that offense. Really looking forward to the game and hope it’s the same atmosphere as 2 years ago

I am not sure Penn is trending or the fact they have been playing a different level of competition.  Having seen Penn this is not one of the biggest or athletic teams.  The 2 running backs run hard and a lot of the plays went wide.  Their QB did not impress me in the 1st half but did better in the 2nd.  I am not sure how they beat Marian as bad as they did.  NO is going to have to spread the ball around.  They will key on Mungia.  I suspect they will come ready to play to get another step in the NIC crown path.

3 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I am not sure Penn is trending or the fact they have been playing a different level of competition.  Having seen Penn this is not one of the biggest or athletic teams.  The 2 running backs run hard and a lot of the plays went wide.  Their QB did not impress me in the 1st half but did better in the 2nd.  I am not sure how they beat Marian as bad as they did.  NO is going to have to spread the ball around.  They will key on Mungia.  I suspect they will come ready to play to get another step in the NIC crown path.

This is not one of there biggest or athletic teams ??? Nice observation , it is in fact one of there worst teams since the 70's. And yes ,playing NIC teams is a much different level than playing 3 Highly ranked teams(2 of them Nationally Ranked) . 

5 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

This is not one of there biggest or athletic teams ??? Nice observation , it is in fact one of there worst teams since the 70's. And yes ,playing NIC teams is a much different level than playing 3 Highly ranked teams(2 of them Nationally Ranked) . 

Do you think they would be one of the worst if you took out St X and Cathedral?  I am surprised they lost to Laporte and do not think they would do that now.  Is there a change in the future or is this the cycle they appear to be in?

22 hours ago, Rocket said:

Yup, NP needs to get Sinka the ball a lot more. That kid runs hard, he is probably the better back in situations where you need 3 yards; he doesn't dance, he just hits the hole and falls forward every time. The atmosphere 2 years ago was one of the best athletic events of any level I've ever been too, would be cool to replicate it again. 

12 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I am not sure how they beat Marian as bad as they did.

Do we know how many guys played both ways for Marian? What about the quarterback, a sophomore, correct? How's Marian's depth in general?

Marian's performance from last year against Penn was going to be impossible to replicate this year. I thought it would be hard for Elkhart--not quite as hard as it ended up being--to replicate their performance this year.

3 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Do you think they would be one of the worst if you took out St X and Cathedral?  I am surprised they lost to Laporte and do not think they would do that now.  Is there a change in the future or is this the cycle they appear to be in?

This is an interesting question. I think most 6A teams can be had on any given night by plenty of 5A teams, but Penn getting its doors blown off by Valpo on opening night was surprising and disappointing. The loss to LaPorte was surprising--late collapse and all--and I agree that the result would likely be different now.

The games with St. X and Cathedral were demoralizing for sure. Maybe Penn wins against alternative competition on those nights, maybe not. If Penn didn't have these two demoralizing losses on the schedule the LaPorte game probably gets looked at differently. The Valpo game is still the most disappointing. 

13 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Absolutely . Penn is been extremely down the last few years . They went from dominating the DAC for 30 years to being maybe middle pack in the DAC . I see them making another early exit in the sectional . Don't see them beating Chesterton . I think it's a combination of a few things , one being that they have run the same offense for over 40 years . Another is a lot of family's migrating to Edwardsburg, MI for the small school experience. It's no coincidence that Edwardsburg, MI has gotten so good the last few years . Look for them to repeat as state champions this year . 

48 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Another is a lot of family's migrating to Edwardsburg, MI for the small school experience. It's no coincidence that Edwardsburg, MI has gotten so good the last few years . Look for them to repeat as state champions this year

Not local anymore, so I'm curious. How many families is a lot? Have they all gone at once or how consistent is the movement to Edwardsburg? Do all of the boys in those families play football? Are those boys so good that they have affected the Edwardsburg program to the degree that you might be suggesting. Has the Edwardsburg program improved on its own? Would the number of players that would have played at Penn affect the program materially?

There have always been families or players that have looked for the "small school experience", and, with the exception of one player that comes to mind from years ago, it's difficult to make an argument that their departure significantly affected the program. If you can say, for example, six families with 12 boys between them moved to Edwardsburg between the years 2017-2021 and all of those boys definitely would have started or contributed at Penn, then perhaps relocation to Edwardsburg is draining the talent pool to a degree.

And, it would be fair to say that an individual can have an outsized affect, but aren't families moving all the time from and to everywhere? How many families move into the district with football playing boys? What's so significant about the families that are leaving versus anyone moving in to the district?

4 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Not local anymore, so I'm curious. How many families is a lot? Have they all gone at once or how consistent is the movement to Edwardsburg? Do all of the boys in those families play football? Are those boys so good that they have affected the Edwardsburg program to the degree that you might be suggesting. Has the Edwardsburg program improved on its own? Would the number of players that would have played at Penn affect the program materially?

There have always been families or players that have looked for the "small school experience", and, with the exception of one player that comes to mind from years ago, it's difficult to make an argument that their departure significantly affected the program. If you can say, for example, six families with 12 boys between them moved to Edwardsburg between the years 2017-2021 and all of those boys definitely would have started or contributed at Penn, then perhaps relocation to Edwardsburg is draining the talent pool to a degree.

And, it would be fair to say that an individual can have an outsized affect, but aren't families moving all the time from and to everywhere? How many families move into the district with football playing boys? What's so significant about the families that are leaving versus anyone moving in to the district?

On last years Eddies state title team , 9 starters went to either elementary or middle school in the PHM District . 

On 10/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Oct. 8

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm

Clay at Glenn ©, 7 pm

Washington over Bowman 

Bremen handles Riley 

Elkhart squeaks by Marian 

Adams takes care of Jimtown 

Glenn breezes over Clay

CMA downs St Joe

Penn over NP- I hope I’m wrong on this one. I think Penn’s early season schedule has helped them discover weaknesses and has helped them coast in the NIC so far.