Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WEEK # 8 - Northern Indiana Conference

Off Topic- I am going to put on my green Bremen homer cap and brag on a couple other sports teams.  Congrats to the Boys Tennis team for winning the regional of Peru and advance to Semi-State to take on Munster. Also congrats to the futbol team for knocking off Marian and St. Joe in the first 2 rounds of the sectional and advance to take on another conference rival, the Washington Panthers.  Not bad for the smallest school in the NIC. If only they could figure out how to play basketball.  Ughhhhhh.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Oct. 8

Bowman at Washington, 7:30 pm

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm

Elkhart at Marian ©, 7 pm

Penn at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm

Clay at Glenn ©, 7 pm

St. Joseph at Culver Academy, 7:30 pm

2 games this weekend will be important to the big school side of the conference:  Penn/New Prairie & Elkhart/Marian

Washington by 16

Bremen by 28

Marian by a score

Id like to see NP pull off the upset here but penn by 21

I’m intrigued by Adams at Jimtown I’ll take the Jimmies at home by 7

i just heard Glenn is shut down Friday Night due to Covid. If Clay finds someone that team will win. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CMA over St. Joe love games at CMA what great place to watch a game! 

Bowman at Washington - Washington 35-7

Bremen at Riley - Bremen 42-7.

Elkhart at Marian - I think its kind of funny when people say that it "would have been a good game if Elkhart didn't have so many injuries".  Id say that"it would have been running clock in the 1h" but due to the injuries it becomes an even matchup.  Not sure people understand how good those top 3 players are and how the entire offensive dynamic changed with them out.  That is only those 3 and not considering the others who wont play.  But that is a bunch of ifs, buts candy and nuts...I think both teams are very even offensively but the difference i see is that Marian has a slightly better defense upfront.  Both teams have struggled mightily against good defenses and given rain, and home field I think Marian pulls it off late. 24-21.  In the end this will be decided by turnovers, special teams and big plays...

Penn at New Prairie - Huge NP fan this week.  I think its a big deal that it is being played out on the Prairie.  That is the biggest Home Field advantage in the NIC IMO.  Heart wants NP to make it happen and while I think they can, Penn has a huge advantage on defense and so Im going with them in a 21-14 game. 

Adams at Jimtown - Jimtown 28-14

Clay at Glenn - Glenn big.

St. Joseph at Culver Academy - CMA 35-7 

20 hours ago, Dcoach said:

Washington by 16

Bremen by 28

Marian by a score

Id like to see NP pull off the upset here but penn by 21

I’m intrigued by Adams at Jimtown I’ll take the Jimmies at home by 7

i just heard Glenn is shut down Friday Night due to Covid. If Clay finds someone that team will win. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CMA over St. Joe love games at CMA what great place to watch a game! 

Hearing other reports that Glenn is not playing for internal reasons not related to COVID.  Has anyone else heard this?  I would think it must be fairly serious to not play a game that is a guarenteed win.

10 minutes ago, LionKing said:

Hearing other reports that Glenn is not playing for internal reasons not related to COVID.  Has anyone else heard this?  I would think it must be fairly serious to not play a game that is a guarenteed win.

Fake news….nothing internal is going on. Most of been them handshakes from Laville that gave Glenn the cooties 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnsnow said:

Penn at New Prairie - Huge NP fan this week.  I think its a big deal that it is being played out on the Prairie.  That is the biggest Home Field advantage in the NIC IMO.  Heart wants NP to make it happen and while I think they can, Penn has a huge advantage on defense and so Im going with them in a 21-14 game. 

Gotta agree that playing it at NP is an equalizer. I think for NP (and for a lot of schools) it is rather intimidating going into granger, seeing all the businesses', huge school, big stadium, massive pep band, all the banners, etc. you are damn near down 14 points before getting off the bus. But with this game played at NP, Penn is nothing more than another football team. A damp natural field could also play a factor in this game, should be a good one in New Carlisle. 

Congrats New Prairie good win.

Marian looked good as well. That is a giant clustermuck in that division. It’s fun to see.

Jimtown putting up 55 on Adam’s is impressive.

Bremen takes care of Riley, but that Boyd is an athlete. 3 TD’s on the night. If I’m Coach Kinzie he needs the ball in his hands more often. 

On 10/6/2021 at 2:22 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

On last years Eddies state title team , 9 starters went to either elementary or middle school in the PHM District . 

Im almost always in agreement with your opinions on Penn but the kids going across the stateline, which they are, is not causing what is happening at Penn. Edwardsburg won Div 4 state in 2018. They lost in Div 3 regionals in 2019 and in Div 4 semifinals in 2020 and neither opponent went on to win state. One of the Eddies' best returning RB this year "migrated" back across the stateline to Elkhart this year and was hoping for a monster year but got injured.

So, i dont think this senior class at Penn (which will average 5 losses their soph thru senior years) was from some kids going up to Edwardsburg. With the loss to NP, this will be Penn's first losing season since the year before Geesman got here(winless in 1972).

On 10/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, MarshallCounty said:

So Penn is experiencing a new form of "white flight"?

This Penn senior class is still way over 800 kids unless "they have left the nest in droves". There are still plenty of "Gold Rush" and "Wild Bunch" kids walking the hallways. Maybe not D1 kids, but Penn never has had them to rely on throughout the Geesman/Yeoman era. They have almost always overperformed against more talented teams to win those championships. The kids just arent buying/believing(take your pick) into the coaching philosophy that we followed and saw daily that produced championships. Penn has not won a state championship in 21 years. My 5 kids have only known the "Penn" way to win on the field at a state level from Dad talking about it and watching his VCR tapes from the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:15 PM, waymobe said:

Im almost always in agreement with your opinions on Penn but the kids going across the stateline, which they are, is not causing what is happening at Penn. Edwardsburg won Div 4 state in 2018. They lost in Div 3 regionals in 2019 and in Div 4 semifinals in 2020 and neither opponent went on to win state. One of the Eddies' best returning RB this year "migrated" back across the stateline to Elkhart this year and was hoping for a monster year but got injured.

So, i dont think this senior class at Penn (which will average 5 losses their soph thru senior years) was from some kids going up to Edwardsburg. With the loss to NP, this will be Penn's first losing season since the year before Geesman got here(winless in 1972).

This Penn senior class is still way over 800 kids unless "they have left the nest in droves". There are still plenty of "Gold Rush" and "Wild Bunch" kids walking the hallways. Maybe not D1 kids, but Penn never has had them to rely on throughout the Geesman/Yeoman era. They have almost always overperformed against more talented teams to win those championships. The kids just arent buying/believing(take your pick) into the coaching philosophy that we followed and saw daily that produced championships. Penn has not won a state championship in 21 years. My 5 kids have only known the "Penn" way to win on the field at a state level from Dad talking about it and watching his VCR tapes from the 80s and 90s.

The kids migrating to Edwardsburg was one of only a hand full of the issues at Penn . You mentioned a couple of my others . When players aren't buying or believing , that's on the coach . This has been an issue for several years now . It is time for a change at Penn , but I think we know that won't happen . There is not a single issue causing the problems at Penn . It is a culmination of several issues .