Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

So that couldn't be a 50 year old photo????  Little boys played with fake guns and also wore cowboy boots during this time as well.

Yes, it could be a 50 year old photo. Kid would be an adult about 1980. I stand by my comment.

If that kid were 6 at the time of the photo

If he's 6 and riding a Big Wheel, he's more of a sissy than I thought. Get his spoiled butt on a bicycle.

Perhaps those kids in the late 60's/early 70's were tougher than the kids today?

No

Not sure what you are standing by....but good for you.

If that kid were 6 at the time of the photo, means he was born in 63 assuming he got his Big Wheel in 69, correct.  Would make him 17 years of age in 1980.  Not quite an adult, but close.

Perhaps those kids in the late 60's/early 70's were tougher than the kids today?  Wasn't that the point of the meme?

I don't really remember Big Wheels being a thing until the 72-73. I really felt like I missed out, because they seemed really cool. By 72 I was 7 YO and felt like I was too big for them. By 7-8 YO, I could pull the 21" Lawn Boy around the neighborhood mowing grass and making cash! That little 1 gallon gas can would hang from one side of my handle bars and I'd pull the mower with that hand, it seemed to even everything out. 

33 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, text and outdoor

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing and suit

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says 'JUDGING PEOPLE BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN IS WRONG! I WISH YOU PRIVILEGED WHITE PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT!'

There are times when some things that are done or said are just indefensible. I am no fan at all of the four woman and their politics that are the target, but I do feel it is unfortunate to see the President being defended here. There is no question whatsoever who the targets were, and to push the notion that no names were mentioned is sad, to be bluntly honest. No matter our differences, I have always felt there is a reasonable level of intelligence among posters here. Sure we go to highly partisan posts from time to time. But to defend a President telling people to go back to their own countries no matter the context, shows that a point is reached where there is absolutely nothing he can do wrong; and that anything he does or says will be defended. 

• Like 2

Didn’t he preface by saying “if they hate the US”?

Regardless, Trump has repeatedly been called a bigot, racist, misogynist, homophobe, Nazi, blah blah blah, so I don’t care even a little what he throws back. 

33CE41F8-35EE-4604-BCDF-8E33E878D4D6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

Regardless, Trump has repeatedly been called a bigot, racist, misogynist, homophobe, Nazi, blah blah blah, so I don’t care even a little what he throws back. 

So you don't believe there is any merit at all in any of those labels regarding Mr. Trump?

16 minutes ago, Grover said:

33CE41F8-35EE-4604-BCDF-8E33E878D4D6.jpeg

The common response is the “what about...?” game. So the mindset is, that multiple wrongs make it ok? So what is the limit to it then? Cheating on 3 wives wasn’t it. Grabbing women by the pussy was not it. Making fun of a disabled journalist was not it. Calling less than a handful of minority athletes sons of bitches was not it. Being caught in countless lies about what he did or did not say, even with video and/or audio evidence is not it. Saying American citizens should go back to where they came from is not it. I also guess the number of times he has stated he could issue an executive order to do something, even though it would have been in violation of the Constitution is ok too? 

Thanks for proving my point. As I said, it is unfortunate that anything he says or does will be defended. 

• Thanks 2

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Yes, it is clear to anyone with a brain who he targeted - But SF fails to see how this is "indefensible"..... or that it even needs defended.......or how my posting of a meme was "defending".....

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So you don't believe there is any merit at all in any of those labels regarding Mr. Trump? the President (FIFY)

I don't.  My opinion won't stop it though......

27 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The common response is the “what about...?” game. So the mindset is, that multiple wrongs make it ok? So what is the limit to it then? Cheating on 3 wives wasn’t it. Grabbing women by the pussy was not it. Making fun of a disabled journalist was not it. Calling less than a handful of minority athletes sons of bitches was not it. Being caught in countless lies about what he did or did not say, even with video and/or audio evidence is not it. Saying American citizens should go back to where they came from is not it. I also guess the number of times he has stated he could issue an executive order to do something, even though it would have been in violation of the Constitution is ok too? 

Thanks for proving my point. As I said, it is unfortunate that anything he says or does will be defended. 

The truth is that the right finally has somebody willing to stand up to the left’s bullying tactics and that makes me happy. I couldn’t possibly care less about your point. 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 2

9 minutes ago, swordfish said:

This is where "The Squad" and their policies will take us if they could.

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'LIVIN' IT UP AT THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA'

As I said, I am not a fan of their politics. There are better ways to handle those whose views do not line up with our own, ESPECIALLY if one is the President of the United States. 

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

The truth is that the right finally has somebody willing to stand up to the left’s bullying tactics and that makes me happy. I couldn’t possibly care less about your point. 

I know you couldn’t, but thanks for proving my point, and completely ignoring the numerous specific examples I mentioned; especially when it comes to violating the Constitution. I bet you cared plenty when you thought others were violating it. 

1 minute ago, TrojanDad said:

Yet we've seen a president and his staff lie directly to the American people about the reason for Benghazi, free prisoners from GITMO in exchange for a traitor (who's actions led directly to the death of other soldiers out searching for him), money funneled to Iran, etc. and excuses were made.  We watched a president look directly into a camera and lie about his sexual escapades with a WH intern, and still many made excuses for him.  Heck, we just had a rookie congresswoman make anti-Semitic comments (repeatedly) and make defensive comments about terrorism.  Just today, NBC is running video of Epstein and Trump, while glossing over the 25+ trips of Clinton flying with Epstein to his "island".  So you see, this is hardly breaking new ground.  

The funny part is we've experienced actions that exceed words/tweets.....and those actions have been painted over, excused, etc.  Now, the moral ground is being played?  C'mon.......

On a national level, there are excuse makers, I will not deny that. But in many of the instances you mention, there was plenty of criticism. As far as Benghazi goes, no excuses. I will say one person who gets little to no blame in it....Trey Gowdy. He and the people he had on the investigation completely f’ed it up. As far as the President lying about his relationship, there were plenty across the spectrum that were critical. Maybe you forgot he was impeached? As far as the rookie congresswoman, you must have ignored the backlash she got from many in her own party? Clinton’s connection to Epstein is undeniable, and I am willing to wait and see what the investigation turns up. No doubt the Clinton’s took cover ups to a new level. 

So to say that actions are being painted over is disingenuous at best. 

I am not looking for or taking any moral high ground here at all, but at some point, I will even call out my friends and family for things they say or do. Having only 4 people on the R side in the house vote to condemn the latest comments is a telling, and sad sign. To see the what about game, or to say he gets a pass based on what others have done is sad too.  Multiple wrongs do not make what he does ok, or even right. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Having only 4 people on the R side in the house vote to condemn the latest comments is a telling, and sad sign. 

I agree.  I hope those four spineless wimps get voted out.  😉

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

I don't.  My opinion won't stop it though......

56 minutes ago, Grover said:

Correct

Interesting.  Under what objective criteria do you come this conclusion,  based on Mr. Trump's actual words?

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

This is where "The Squad" and their policies will take us if they could.

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'LIVIN' IT UP AT THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA'

And what exactly has Mr. Trump's and the policies of the GOP done to alleviate "skid row" in California?

34 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Yet we've seen a president and his staff lie directly to the American people about the reason for Benghazi, free prisoners from GITMO in exchange for a traitor (who's actions led directly to the death of other soldiers out searching for him), money funneled to Iran, etc. and excuses were made.  We watched a president look directly into a camera and lie about his sexual escapades with a WH intern, and still many made excuses for him.  Heck, we just had a rookie congresswoman make anti-Semitic comments (repeatedly) and make defensive comments about terrorism.  Just today, NBC is running video of Epstein and Trump, while glossing over the 25+ trips of Clinton flying with Epstein to his "island".  So you see, this is hardly breaking new ground.  

The funny part is we've experienced actions that exceed words/tweets.....and those actions have been painted over, excused, etc.  Now, the moral ground is being played?  C'mon.......

Uni-party to the max.