Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

Just now, Muda69 said:

An apples to oranges comparison.  Four of those elections did not employ an electoral college system, one of them did.

And again for the record I did not vote for Mr. Trump in the 2016 election, and I won't be voting for him in 2020.

It's a meme. In a meme thread. Who said it was accurate or relevant for that matter? I don't really care who anyone votes for, but I want everyone to vote.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

It's a meme. In a meme thread. Who said it was accurate or relevant for that matter? I don't really care who anyone votes for, but I want everyone to vote.

What if you don't feel there are any qualified candidates for a certain position?  Does one just hold their nose and vote for the "lesser of two evils"?  No, I believe in that situation the principled thing to do is not cast a vote for that position at all.

• Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What if you don't feel there are any qualified candidates for a certain position?  Does one just hold their nose and vote for the "lesser of two evils"?  No, I believe in that situation the principled thing to do is not cast a vote for that position at all.

So you expect people to stay home from the polls completely if there is one position on the ballot with no qualified candidates? Sounds like laziness to me.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

So you expect people to stay home from the polls completely if there is one position on the ballot with no qualified candidates? Sounds like laziness to me.

Again gonzoron,  does one just hold their nose and vote for the "lesser of two evils"?

And please point out these local elections where there is only one position on the ballot to vote for.  I have never heard of or experienced one in my decades long history of voting in local elections in the state of Michigan and Indiana.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Exactly it's an excuse.

No, it's not.  But you and Gonzo just keep holding your nose, IO, so you can get to wear those little "I voted" stickers on your foreheads.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 2

14 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And please point out these local elections where there is only one position on the ballot to vote for.  I have never heard of or experienced one in my decades long history of voting in local elections in the state of Michigan and Indiana.

This isn't what you said. You said "qualified" candidates. I took that to mean there was more than one candidate and you felt none were qualified. Hence your decision not to vote at all. If you meant something different, please explain.

There are also almost always things on the ballot to vote on that are not related to a candidate being elected at all. 

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This isn't what you said. You said "qualified" candidates. I took that to mean there was more than one candidate and you felt none were qualified. Hence your decision not to vote at all. If you meant something different, please explain.

There are also almost always things on the ballot to vote on that are not related to a candidate being elected at all. 

Yes.  I have experienced ballots where for one particular position all the candidates running for that position are, IMHO, not qualified.  So I will choose not to cast a vote for that particular position.   I then continue on with the rest of the ballot. Have you ever done this?

• Disdain 1

13 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Image may contain: 5 people, text

Ilhan Omar - House District 60B (Northeast Minneapolis) Population 44,000 https://statisticalatlas.com/state-lower-legislative-district/Minnesota/State-House-District-60B/National-Origin (Opposed - The 5th district is the most Democratic district in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest, (it has a Cook Partisan Voting Index of D+26) and the DFL has held it without interruption since 1963.)

Alexanria Ocasio-Cortez - House District NY-14 (East Bronx, NW Queens NYC) Population 722,000 https://statisticalatlas.com/congressional-district/New-York/Congressional-District-14/Overview (Opposed - Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by almost six to one.[69][70][71] The district and its predecessors have been in Democratic hands for all but two years since 1923 and without interruption since 1949.)

Rashida Tlaib - House District MI-14 (Detroit - Pontiac) Population 692,000 https://statisticalatlas.com/congressional-district/Michigan/Congressional-District-14/Overview (Unopposed)

Ayanna Pressley - House District MA-7 (Boston area) Population 768,000 https://statisticalatlas.com/congressional-district/Massachusetts/Congressional-District-7/Overview  (Unopposed)

This is who elected these women to Congress, and why we have the Electoral College......BTW - THEY are trying to send him home......

• Disdain 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

Well, have you?

No. The have them once in a while at my polling place, I decline. I don't need a ribbon for participating. 

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I hope you haven't ever pole danced either.

You make a bad decision one night in the drunken stupor after a triple dog dare from your idiot friends, and you're labeled for life!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

No. The have them once in a while at my polling place, I decline. I don't need a ribbon for participating. 

But, but most of those stickers also have an image/graphic of the American flag on them.  Why would you not jump at the patriotic chance to show your allegiance to the democratic process to all your fellow citizens?

• Disdain 1

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

But, but most of those stickers also have an image/graphic of the American flag on them.  Why would you not jump at the patriotic chance to show your allegiance to the democratic process to all your fellow citizens?

While I will admit to taking flag protocol pretty seriously and sometimes been referred to as the Flag Nazi, I'm not the one waving the flag all over the place. I really don't care what my fellow citizens think of me or my allegiance to anything. 

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Sounds like since you are so enamored with one, you relish wearing your "I voted" sticker on election day Muda.......

Just now, swordfish said:

Sounds like since you are so enamored with one, you relish wearing your "I voted" sticker on election day Muda.......

Sometimes, yes.  I'll even affix a little piece of paper listing who, if anyone, I voted for in a given position.

Then I affix them to the interior of my vehicle, kind of like this:

4yydns2u3hwx.jpg

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Sometimes, yes.  I'll even affix a little piece of paper listing who, if anyone, I voted for in a given position.

Then I affix them to the interior of my vehicle, kind of like this:

4yydns2u3hwx.jpg

Atta Boi Muda!!