Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, swordfish said:

So you DO get it......(Unless you are truly physically colorblind.....then - Sorry W)

Image result for aha moment tapping temple

I don't "get it" because the meme doesn't make any sense if a person claims he (metaphorically) "doesn't see color." The meme makes sense only if it is appreciated that the two eggs externally do not look the same.

That's why your claim to (metaphorically) "not see color" is such an eye roller....

4 hours ago, Wabash82 said:

I don't "get it" because the meme doesn't make any sense if a person claims he (metaphorically) "doesn't see color." The meme makes sense only if it is appreciated that the two eggs externally do not look the same.

That's why your claim to (metaphorically) "not see color" is such an eye roller....

Yeah-but........on the inside.......That was the point.......

Maybe you would have understood it better had I stated, we may look different on the outside, but on the inside we are all the same.......

OR - maybe shared the time I ran into one of the black players on the football field in High School, and our blood was the same color.......That.......

Jeez - it just isn't fun when you have to 'splain it every time.....Meme - Just look at the picture, read the text and get the point.........

The Erica Thomas Incident Wasn't National News, But That Never Stops Our Outrage-Hungry Media: https://reason.com/2019/07/22/erica-thomas-grocery-store-racism-hoax-media/

Prepare to be outraged: A white male shopper at a grocery store in Cobb County, Georgia, told Erica Thomas, a pregnant black woman and state legislator, to go back to where she came from. His verbal assault echoed the racist remarks of President Trump. "People need to see the hate that is going on in this country," a tearful Thomas told her Facebook followers in a heart-wrenching video.

Are you angry yet? Well, you were fooled. The above account was one-sided and misleading, and now even Thomas has suggested that she can't actually recall if the man, Eric Sparkes, literally told her to go back to where she came from, or merely said other unpleasant things. Moreover, Sparkes claims he is a Cuban and an anti-Trump Democrat. This was more than enough new information for some people to file this incident under hate hoaxes and consign Thomas to the status of a Jussie Smollett or Nathan Phillips (whose sins were far greater).

More evidence of the media fueling the fire of hyper-racism, hyper-sensitivity/outrage.  It seems today in America a member of the racial majority can't criticize a member of a racial minority,  rightly or wrongly,  without being branded or painted as a racist by media.  Is that right, is this the America we want to live in?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

The Erica Thomas Incident Wasn't National News, But That Never Stops Our Outrage-Hungry Media: https://reason.com/2019/07/22/erica-thomas-grocery-store-racism-hoax-media/

More evidence of the media fueling the fire of hyper-racism, hyper-sensitivity/outrage.  It seems today in America a member of the racial majority can't criticize a member of a racial minority,  rightly or wrongly,  without being branded or painted as a racist by media.  Is that right, is this the America we want to live in?

Many of the leftist mainstream media fake news machine have no moral integrity. They produce and promote fake news and are the scum of humanity. 

38 minutes ago, Howe said:

Many of the leftist mainstream media fake news machine have no moral integrity. They produce and promote fake news and are the scum of humanity. 

Would you consider those “fine people” holding nazi flags lower on the scum scale (worse than) than the media you refer to here? 

20 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you are really asking to assign grades of scum levels?  Can't white supremists, dishonest media and Antifa (noticed you left that out of your example) all simply be examples of scum?

Scum worse than others...at the end of the day, its all still scum.

You are correct on all points, but the question was directed to Howe for a reason. His complete loyalty to all things Trump, and utter disdain for anything NOT Trump,  are the reasons I asked him. I could have worded it better, I own that. 

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Wasn't it the mainstream media who "outed" the state legislator as a hoaxer? I don't believe it is "fake news" for the media to:

(i) report on a viral social media posting by a public figure who has made some charged allegations of racism or other misconduct by another person;   

(ii) look further into the public figure's social media allegations to see if they are true; and

(iii) report if/when the public figure's social media allegations turn out to be exaggerated or untrue?   

I mean, isn't that pretty much exactly what the media does most every weekend after one of the President's twitter storms?   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wabash82 said:

Wasn't it the mainstream media who "outed" the state legislator as a hoaxer? I don't believe it is "fake news" for the media to:

(i) report on a viral social media posting by a public figure who has made some charged allegations of racism or other misconduct by another person;   

(ii) look further into the public figure's social media allegations to see if they are true; and

(iii) report if/when the public figure's social media allegations turn out to be exaggerated or untrue?   

I mean, isn't that pretty much exactly what the media does most every weekend after one of the President's twitter storms?   

"Dirty Laundry"

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something
Something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor
But I wound up here
I just have to look good
I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash
With a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation
Is the head dead yet
You know the boys in the newsroom
Got a running bet
Get the widow on the set
We need dirty laundry

[Instrumental Interlude]

You don't really need to find out
What's going on
You don't really want to know
Just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around

(Kick 'em when they're up)
(Kick 'em when they're down)

(Kick 'em when they're stiff)
(Kick 'em all around)

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers
In everybody's pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the Innuendo
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done
We haven't told you a thing
We all know that Kraft is King
Give us dirty laundry

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

"Dirty Laundry"

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something
Something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor
But I wound up here
I just have to look good
I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around

We got the bubble headed
Bleached blonde
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash
With a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation
Is the head dead yet
You know the boys in the newsroom
Got a running bet
Get the widow on the set
We need dirty laundry

[Instrumental Interlude]

You don't really need to find out
What's going on
You don't really want to know
Just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around

(Kick 'em when they're stiff)
(Kick 'em all around)

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers
In everybody's pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the Innuendo
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done
We haven't told you a thing
We all know that Kraft is King
Give us dirty laundry

Don Henley and Danny Kortchmar

FTFY Muda.

Also of note this was released in 1982.

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

Would you consider those “fine people” holding nazi flags lower on the scum scale (worse than) than the media you refer to here? 

People holding Nazi flags have nothing to do with the mainstream media fueling the fire of hyper-racism, hyper-sensitivity/outrage.