Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

13 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I was struck with a switch multiple times as a child for certain transgressions, and probably deserved it.  I was even paddled twice during my stint at the local government elementary school.  Would you like to report my parents and the teachers/administrators of the school to the proper authorities?

SF got to cut his own switches from the willow tree for Dad.  That's when you knew you really screwed up.......

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, swordfish said:

SF got to cut his own switches from the willow tree for Dad.  That's when you knew you really screwed up.......

We had to cut the willow switches for Mom, then it was the belt when Dad got home. Willow tree died when we were all adults, we blamed Mom because of all the switches we had cut off it. And we all laughed about it.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

We had to cut the willow switches for Mom, then it was the belt when Dad got home. Willow tree died when we were all adults, we blamed Mom because of all the switches we had cut off it. And we all laughed about it.

Best thing in the world when we all got glasses. Before Dad got the belt out, we would slide the glasses down our nose a little. After a couple of whacks, we'd shake our heads, glasses would fall off, and mom would yell at dad to stop because we'd break our glasses. 

Funny story, our middle brother would always do stuff, then lie.....Finally my oldest brother or I would just say we did it, take our ass busting and move on. Oldest brother and I finally called dad out about it a few years back. We're like you knew he was lying, why'd you beat our asses. Dad's response was perfect, he said "I never bothered you guys after you went back to your rooms and Tony was getting his did I?"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

With my father it was him taking off his leather belt and snapping it.  All the warning myself and my siblings needed to fall in line.

57 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

With my father it was him taking off his leather belt and snapping it.  All the warning myself and my siblings needed to fall in line.

I would agree.  BUT - when the belt cleared the loops, it was too late by then to correct the behavior that brought the belt out......

• Thanks 1

Not a meme, but it makes me think what it would be like with a full team of my son at his first football game. If I haven't told you the story, I told him just to tackle the kid with the ball if he played defense. First play he tackled the Center before the ball was ever snapped.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not a meme, but it makes me think what it would be like with a full team of my son at his first football game. If I haven't told you the story, I told him just to tackle the kid with the ball if he played defense. First play he tackled the Center before the ball was ever snapped.

Kind of sad to see the coach genuinely pissed enough to throw his hat. There are just some moments you have to laugh. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Muda...admit it...that made you chuckle.....got to give credit when its due.....

Yes. If you believe presidential elections are nothing but horse races. Which most individuals who continue to vote for uni-party candidates do.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, gonzoron said:

My mom used a wooden spoon; or her backhand.

Edited by DanteEstonia

12 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

My mom used a wooden spoon; or her backhand.

You don't get that "whip" from a wooden spoon like you do with a good Willow switch. That stung! And a thin, narrow leather belt hurts worse than a thick wide one. Only remember getting paddled once at school with an actual paddle. That was a piece of cake.......then I had to go home.........

1 minute ago, swordfish said:

I dunno - the wooden spoon was still pretty persuasive.......

LOL. I don't even remember ever seeing a wooden spoon at our house, don't think we had any Teflon pans either. Not when I was a kid. We did, however, have plastic Fingerhut seat covers in several cars. Fingerhut was the original Amazon.

• Thanks 1